Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Question about Batman: Eternal

Kgphil01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Maybe a dumb question but I just got back into comic reading after about a 8-9 year break and since Batman has always been one of my favorite characters wanted to start one of his series. I already pick up the Snyder trades of his current run and stared the single issue with #38. But my question is would it be easy to jump into eternal at #44, or since there are only a few issues left would it not be worth it. Not planning on picking up the eternal trades. Any help would be fantastic.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By bigcimmerian

@kgphil01 said:

Maybe a dumb question but I just got back into comic reading after about a 8-9 year break and since Batman has always been one of my favorite characters wanted to start one of his series. I already pick up the Snyder trades of his current run and stared the single issue with #38. But my question is would it be easy to jump into eternal at #44, or since there are only a few issues left would it not be worth it. Not planning on picking up the eternal trades. Any help would be fantastic.

Batman Eternal is really complicated, you probably should read all of the Eternal issues, but if you can't or don't want then check online what happened during these 38 issues and start reading from the issue you bought.

Kgphil01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thanks for your response! yeah that's kinda what I had gathered from other online posts about Eternal it was all one story fairly complicated story arc! I actually havent purchased any of the Eternal series yet I purchased the normal Snyder run of batman trades and # 38 of that series. Think I'll just pass on eternal right now and start with Arkham Knight when that starts as my secondary batman book! Thanks again for the advice

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.