Professor Pyg

#1 Posted by Magneto14 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot say that I am excited about the new series Beware the Batman, however it did bring a new villain to my attention...Professor Pyg

So what does everyone think about Professor Pyg?

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Love him. He's creepy and brilliant.

#3 Posted by Magneto14 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I also feel that he is quite intriguing, sick and twisted, but intriguing

#4 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

Pyg is awesome, but I'm guessing that he'll be horribly watered down in Beware the Batman... unless it were going to Adult Swim, there's no way Cartoon Network would allow a show that actually portrays Pyg properly.

#5 Posted by Hatutzeraze (269 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot wait until a writer other than Morrison tackles the character (in more than just a cameo). In a way, that really codifies a character's big-comic-universe existence for me, when they become more than just one writer's pet character. That's when they really become part of the big tapestry.

#6 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Pyg is awesome, but I'm guessing that he'll be horribly watered down in Beware the Batman... unless it were going to Adult Swim, there's no way Cartoon Network would allow a show that actually portrays Pyg properly.

Yeah, they'll make him your basic bank robber/hostage keeper guy.

#7 Posted by The_Tree (6411 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Pyg. He's a a disturbing, yet interesting villain, and I hope to see more of him.

@Imagine_Man15 said:

He probably will be, but I'm at least hoping that they just give him masks that have mind control over people. Then use them and the Circus of Strange to commit big crimes.

#8 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

professor pyg will finally have his chance to shine on an animated tv show.

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (9872 posts) - - Show Bio

He's eh. I think he's a great character, just really creepy. The whole ragdoll gang gives me shivers.

#10 Posted by Magneto14 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

You never know, maybe Pyg will remain his sick, twisted self in Beware the Batman. However, I am certain that we won't see anything graphic or gory that's for sure. The interpretation will hopefully do him justice though.

#11 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

I love Pyg. He's a a disturbing, yet interesting villain, and I hope to see more of him.

@Imagine_Man15 said:

He probably will be, but I'm at least hoping that they just give him masks that have mind control over people. Then use them and the Circus of Strange to commit big crimes.

Oh yeah, that'd be cool!

#12 Edited by superbatprime (130 posts) - - Show Bio

A genuinely freaky nutjob.

The scene where he has Damian tied up on a chair and is going through his little warmup ritual is disturbingly convincing... you could easily imagine a real world psycho doing this kind of thing.

Morrison has provided a great base for other writers to work on with the character, Pyg has potential... squeeee.

The only issue I have is that other writers may not "get" his dialogue.

Every seemingly random phrase that comes out of Pyg's mouth is a carefully constructed reference to something that drives his character, I don't know if other writers would be willing or able to go to the lengths Morrison does to create the effect... That said, he does it with Joker too and other writers can handle Joker just as well (sometimes better) than Grant.

#13 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a question about him is he considert to be a Dick Grayson villain or just a batman (bruce) villain?

#14 Posted by Lvenger (16040 posts) - - Show Bio

Really liked him. Morrison made him into a disturbed, creepy villain that's a perfect addition to his rogues gallery. I'd like to see him go up against Dick and Bruce though since it was Dick Pyg faced first.

@Loki9876: Good question. As I've said I'd like to see Pyg go up against Dick and Bruce but I imagine that for the moment, Pyg will make him a Bruce exclusive villain for the moment given that Nightwing is doing his own thing in the New 52. I bet that Pyg will pop up in Batman and Robin. Makes sense for him to return to his place of birth.

#15 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

There are better villains out there...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.