Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23619 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Post your ideas for the next Batman movie here

rsh100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rsh100

Mine is have Deathstroke as the bad guy who works for Owlman, who's the REAL bad guy. Owlman in this movie is Bruce Wayne's long lost brother Thomas Wayne (NOT from another universe), who blames Batman for the death of their parents. If the Court of Owls appear in the movie, we'd have Batman running a Gauntlet against them and Deathstroke.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ArkhamWrath

@rsh100:

If u wanna to put in movie character like Owlman (someone who is in family line with the Batman), then u first have to make 2-3 movies before that ! Batman is dark character who is wrapped in a veil of mistery... You can not reveal a lot of him in just a one movie... (you can do that if u wanna make just one movie, not trilogy). That he lost parents, how he / why he become Batman ''That he have older brother''... who blame him, for what... that he don't jump and kick gun from murderer hand ? Blame Bruce because he is live ? For what is Bruce actually guilty ?

You wanna put and Deathstroke in that movie... Thats... thats crossover... i am not sure that it can go nice in first Batman movie !

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker is going to be the villain in the next batman film. Batman comes out of retirement in Batman v Superman, Joker finds out when he breaks out in suicide squad.

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Two and a half hour origin story.

rsh100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamwrath:

Hmm. How about Owlman is so ridden with grief that he has to blame Batman, and he blames him because he got scared and had to leave the opera. It could be really emotional. As for the other stuff, I don't see why Deathstroke can't be a villain and why the new movie has to be a trilogy. Deathstroke was in Arrow and he's not normally a Green Arrow villain. You gotta take that artistic liberty.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a Battle for the Cowl storyline.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Batman goes wild... IN DISNEYLAND!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibly a Batman vs. the mob story. Black Mask, the Penguin, the Ventriloquist and Scareface, whomever really.

OR

A more fantastical film with characters like Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Croc, Poison Ivy. A real far cry from the Nolan films.

Avatar image for harlequinofhearts
    HarlequinOfHearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say The Killing Joke, but I'm not sure with the new Joker cast. With the suicide squad rumors lurking around, I wouldn't be surprised if they do use the killing joke.

So for now, I'm going to play it safe and say something that focuses on Batman's relation with Robin.

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Hugo Strange is the villain and Robin is featured prominently

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman: Arkham Asylum movie. Entire movie takes place inside Arkham w/ Batman basically running the gauntlet. Just like The Raid & Dredd.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Film 1:Joker

Film 2:Riddler

Film 3:Jason Todd

Royalties are ready to be decapitated.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Movie 1: Knightfall adaption

Movie 2: Battle for the Cowl adaption

Movie 3: War Games with a dramatic ending twist

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Korbenheagerty

Movie 1: origin

Movie 2: major villain

Movie 3: sidekicks origins

Movie 4.0-4.3(three movies under one category): Arkham game adaptations

Movie 5: justice league/batman incorporated

Movie 6.0: Bruce Wayne dies

Movie 6.1: battle for the cowl

Movie 6.2: Bruce Wayne travel through time

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MuyJingo

Honestly, I'd start from absolute scratch. The Nolan movies are entertaining, well made films, but they are not Batman. Baleman is so far from the character of Batman, it isn't funny.

The only thing I would want to do with is introduce a larger audience to the awesomeness that is the post-crisis DCU.

I'd do this with Batman first. I'd have a year one type film, focusing on Black mask as the main villain, with a stealth based costume, similar to Bermjoes' illustration for the secret origins cover. The story would be a mystery to showcase his detective skills. No origin story, although maybe a brief flashback. During his investigation he would encounter some of the more fantastic parts of the DCU, although nothing too crazy.

Second movie would up the ante, and have a mystery element, but would be more action packed...similar to eternal. I'd actually really like to find a way to incorporate many elements from War Games. I like the idea of Batman taking control of the police and many of the police being OK with it. Having the wargames accidentally put into action I think is amazing, and would show the obsessive/prep side of the character which has been ignored so far on film.

Third film would be something close to Hush. Showing even more of the DCU, have some more colorful characters, have Batman in his prime. The trilogy would end with Batman and the bat family facing seemingly insurmountable odds and not being fazed as they rush into battle...then cut to black.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has to face a deadly adversary from his past, ( Red hood) While Black Mask plans to rule Gotham underworld. Red Hood also bring Ras Al ghul into the mix, with him being the reason that he is alive.Batman and Red Hood fight( duh) then join forces to take down Ras. While all that is brewing Black Mask is practically the kingpin of Gotham,this sets up for the nest movie when the Court of Owls need to restore balance

Korbenheagerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't that similar to under the red hood

Mich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although there not my ideas, I would like to see the Long Halloween as a movie

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No sidekick please. I rather have an adaptation of the Hush storyline. Hopefully with Zatanna in there to show the childhood best friends of Bruce-Zatanna-Tommy. Then for a sequel, have Clayface as the main villain who started as an actor trying to get big and land roles in the city. As for a third movie, have a Court of Owls adaptation. I feel like with these stories, we might finally see scenes that show why Batman is called the World's Greatest Detective

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By algorhythm511

I would love to see Court of the Owls.

minutemen_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaint Clayface vs batman in a gaint mech suit and than a fight with owl man to save the universe , and than batman under the red hood , all in one movie :p

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rsh100 said:

@arkhamwrath:

Hmm. How about Owlman is so ridden with grief that he has to blame Batman, and he blames him because he got scared and had to leave the opera. It could be really emotional. As for the other stuff, I don't see why Deathstroke can't be a villain and why the new movie has to be a trilogy. Deathstroke was in Arrow and he's not normally a Green Arrow villain. You gotta take that artistic liberty.

In the comics it wasn't an opera.. It was the Mark of Zorro..

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
    deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

"The Batman"

This film will be split into two parts.

It would feature a young Batman going up against his first serious threat, Deathstroke.

Part I: Fall

Batman, now into his third year of vigilantism, prowls the streets of Gotham City. He has become a proficient vigilante and holds an almost mythical status amongst the criminals of Gotham.

Recently, Batman has taken young Dick Grayson by his side as the hero Robin. Grayson is a kind and just boy of 16 who quickly proves himself an effective partner to the caped crusader.

Show various scenes of a gruff Batman and a enthusiastic Robin fighting criminals side-by-side. Batman has now taken down every single major crime family in Gotham.

Soon, Batman hears of a new adversary known only as Slade that has come into Gotham city to work as an assassin.

Batman and Robin take to the streets, steadily working to find untill they both finally confront him.

This should be the first time for the entirety of the film that we see Slade clearly. His is wearing an impeccably tailored suit and is unarmed.

A battle ensues, and Slade kills Robin, then escapes the scene.

Bruce, devastated by the loss of Grayson goes into seclusion, allowing Slade to kill a number of influential individuals in Gotham over a number of weeks. Bruce, now enraged like never before, dons his batsuit and begins to once again hunt for Slade.

For some time, Slade shows himself to be an elusive adversary, with Batman unable to find him for a length of time.

Eventually, an enraged Batman finds and confronts Slade. Batman takes out all of Slade's henchmen with an almost fatal brutality.

Slade and Batman then engage in direct hand to hand combat. Initially, Batman beats Slade down but soon Slade, only now taking the fight seriously, quickly and easily gains the upper hand. Slade, who is clearly shown to be superhumanly strong, agile, durable and fast viciously beats Batman, and right before he can deliver the killing blow, Batman stabs a batarang into his eye and escapes the scene.

Batman returns to the cave, and as he sits bleeding in his hideout whilst Alfred attempts to tend to his multiple injuries, the film ends.

Part II: Rise

Batman is still recuperating from his savage beating at the hands of Slade, now known citywide as the assassin Deathstroke. Much to Bruce's protest, Alfred keeps him at Wayne Manor untill his recuperation is complete.

Bruce has now healed his injuries but is still stiff and slow in combat, as seen when he goes out one night and struggles to defeat three unarmed thugs.

Alfred calls an old friend of Bruce (this may be an original character) to help him redevelop his strength and skill. His friend ( a character who I haven't come up with a name for) helps Bruce to restore his strength and speed, but after witnessing Deathstroke in combat he notes that Bruce is not ready to take on Slade once again.

Bruce trains to focus his anger and rage, becoming less brutal but far more effective in combat.

Bruce takes to the streets once more, now a far more skilled fighter than before. Batman spends time learning more about Deathstroke, who has now donned his promethium armour.

Batman learns that Deathstroke has gathered a team of highly skilled mercenaries from around the world to work under him.

Batman confronts the team, and defeats them all. He then ties them up and leaves them in front of the police station to be imprisoned.

Batman then issues an announcement on Deathstroke's communication frequency, (which he learned from Deathstroke's team) telling Deathstroke to meet Batman at the place where they originally fought.

They meet sometime later and after a brief discussion, fight. With great difficulty, Batman manages to defeat Deathstroke, but in the process, his cowl is shattered, revealing his identity to Wilson as Bruce Wayne. Batman knocks Deathstroke out and delivers him to Blackgate.

Commissioner Gordon stands atop the GCPD building, next to the bat symbol. He turns to head back inside, but Batman appears behind him. Gordon tells him that there is a new threat in Gotham before handing him a joker card.

Post credits: Deathstroke sits in his Blackgate cell, silently reading a novel. He hears a voice that asks "So, who?". Wilson stands from his bed, turns around and says "Wayne". The visitor is revealed to be Hugo Strange.

Avatar image for batman-dark-knight1992
    Batman-Dark-Knight1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's time to introduce some more of his rouge gallery, someone we've never seen and perhaps a side character too. I'd like to see Solomon Grundy and have batman use more of his detective skill/fighting abilities to bring him to justice.

A thriller mystery instead of action would be a great direction I think.

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want an Arkham Asylum movie. You have all the crazy villans there.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hush please

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hush would work. It could also include many other villains, just like in the comics.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@batman-dark-knight1992: @assassinb: @assassinb: @assassinb:

Well the next Batman should either be a spin-off of the Asylum of Arkham or a story with unseen vilains. Not many big ones are left: Court of Owls / Talon, Hush, Professor Pig / Mister Toad, Man-Bat, Proffessor Hugo Strange, The Mad Hatter.

I also would love Bruce doing some infiltration work as Matches Malone.

Lots seem to like "Hush" but if a movie is done it should be a long movie. The first part being the "Hush" story by Jeff Loeb, and the second part the run of Paul Dini: Heart of Hush, Hush Money and House of Hush. It would also have nice Bruce/Selina plot.

With the Hush story it could be a good way to introduce many secondary vilains: Solomon Grundy, Jane Doe, Firefly, Clock King, Roxy Rocket, ...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I actually wrote a post but it was getting so uncontrollably long because of DCEU's muck that I just erased everything.

This universe needs a fricking reboot asap.

And please no Hush or anything with hordes of villains. Excluding Arkham Asylum because that is actually psychological.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
    PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

AssassinB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: The problem with Hush and all those villans is that people dosen't know them. So I think Arkham Asylum would be a good way to introduce some loonies. Casual people only knows Penguin, Hatter, Poison Ivy, the Joker, the Riddler, Two-Face, Harley and Bane. But the others aren't as known. So I don't think Hush would be interesting for the general public. I think this is also one of the reasons Suicide Squad kinda failed, people dosen't know who those guys are so they didn't care enough about the characters other than Harley and Joker.

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

DC is in a bad place right now with movies. And Marvel is literally just pounding them more and more with every new film release. So as a fan of both, I really do feel for them. BUT, DC is still better with animation films and comics. Maybe its just me but im not reading much current marvel comics. Too much forced diversity going on, but that's a whole different subject I guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
    deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I want to see a small scale detective movie with Riddler as the villain.

Lieuex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Detective noir story. Thankfully, Reeves seems intent on making such a movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.