Poll : If you could change Batman's origin would you?

#1 Posted by GeekyEverAfter (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I Really like Batman's origin, Do you? Would you change anything?

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Batman origin is perfect. no need to change.

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely not. It's the most iconic origin out there...

And people have tried messing with it before, the key word there being MESS.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it's one of the best IMO. I found Batman: Earth One interesting to read, but I still much prefer the normal origin!

#5 Posted by SupBatz (1849 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely not the part involving his parents. The only aspect of Batman's origin I would want changed/expanded upon is his time training to become Batman. I'm sure there are plenty of stories to be told there involving his world travels.

#6 Edited by GeekyEverAfter (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, I feel the same way.

#7 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8032 posts) - - Show Bio

no way

#8 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

Only in Elseworlds. Non in canon universe.

#9 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

No Way its iconic. The only other origin stories that are even close to as iconic as batman's is superman's and spidey's origins

#10 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Only in an Elseworlds kind of way. I wouldn't change it in the main continuity. I would be killed. But in an Elseworlds? I'd have him turn to black magic to try and bring his parents back, mastering that in addition to his martial arts. Think Batman with the powers of Spawn.

#11 Posted by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

he should be bit by a radioactive bat and stumble across a walking stick that when struck on the ground will give him powers of a nordic god , later it turns out he was sent here from a dying planet as part of a agreement of a space god who bestowed upon the power cosmic in which case he later on becomes sorcerer supreme

#12 Posted by AssertingValor (5456 posts) - - Show Bio

No changes

#13 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18718 posts) - - Show Bio

No way.There is no need to change it what so ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.