Poll: Favourite Batman Villain

#1 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by entropy_aegis (14227 posts) - - Show Bio

Right now it's Bane,but it tends to change between Ra's,Joker and Bane.Talia's moving up steadily and does Selina really count as a villain?

#3 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump, this should be higher. Bane has always been the coolest to me.

#4 Posted by ogarza (124 posts) - - Show Bio

bane is winning because of the dark knight rises people are paying more attention to him

#5 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Croc.

#6 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite from the list is Catwoman but I don't really see her as a villain, so for me it goes Joker, Ra's and Scarecrow top 3.

#7 Posted by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

Riddler, honestly.

#8 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite from these is honestly Hush. I love that guy, if i were to make a Batman film, Hush and possibly Black Mask would be the villains,

#9 Posted by The_Tree (7209 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted Ra's al Ghul since there was no option for Doctor Hurt.

#10 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

why is catwoman on the list i thought she is a reformed villian

#11 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's al Ghul for sure. Joker's an awesome villain, but a lot of writers keep trying to use him to try and make their mark on a title, and these keep tarnishing his reputation. Tony Daniel, for example.

#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (14227 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

Riddler, honestly.

That's surprising,I always thought your favorite was Deadshot.

#13 Posted by SoA (4688 posts) - - Show Bio

always liked bane , joker and Ras are easily in my top 3 out of this selection, coincidentally they are all nolan's villains in the batman trilogy

#14 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Croc! ^_^

#15 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Bane so high? Had this question been asked pre-Dark Knight Rises then he would not be a viable factor. Too many opinions are being judged by Nolan and not comics. Riddler's low marks compared to Ra's are also disgraceful. Though Joker is the obvious high mark, he is the quintessential villain amongst all mediums of entertainment. Holmes-Moriarty, Superman-Lex, Batman-Joker.

#16 Posted by drgnx (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Owlman!

#17 Posted by ComicStooge (11991 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@ComicStooge said:

Riddler, honestly.

That's surprising,I always thought your favorite was Deadshot.

I consider him more of an Anti-Hero then a straight up, classic villain. But yeah, Deadshot is totally amazing.

#18 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

My top 5

1. Catwoman
  2. Harley Quinn
  3. Poison Ivy
  4. Riddler
  5. Bane
#19 Posted by entropy_aegis (14227 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

How is Bane so high? Had this question been asked pre-Dark Knight Rises then he would not be a viable factor. Too many opinions are being judged by Nolan and not comics. Riddler's low marks compared to Ra's are also disgraceful. Though Joker is the obvious high mark, he is the quintessential villain amongst all mediums of entertainment. Holmes-Moriarty, Superman-Lex, Batman-Joker.

Ahem,but Bane and Ra's have done more in the comics than Riddler ever did.Nolan's movies gave much needed attention to those that deserved it,the only thing that makes most of Batman's classic rogues (which includes Riddler) a viable factor is just nostalgia.

#20 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite one is Joker and he will always be.

#22 Posted by DurararaFTW (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Two-Face, with everyone else it's "they get to life to terrorise Gotham another day cause Batman's Batman", with Two-Face they actually take the trouble of showing us the guy he could be if Arkham successfully rehabilitated him and why Gordon and Batman personally still hope for it. Plus he doesn't hve any actual superpowers, which is something no Batman villian should have IMO.

#23 Edited by GeekyEverAfter (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley Quinn! Oh, and btw Catwoman is not a villan, She's an anti-hero.

#24 Posted by StarKiller809 (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has a lot of good villains so it's sorta hard choosing one, however, I don't think that one of those villains can come close to the Joker. He has been there for Batman longer then some of his sidekicks. 

#25 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

While I do love Joker I have to vote Two-Face.

#26 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Back when I was a kid I liked Joker (the one from BTAS), but since I started reading comics Bane is definitely my favorite (and he became my favorite way before Nolan's films). Although, I have to be honest, I was unfortunately not as impressed as I would have wished with his New 52 debut in The Dark Knight. Nevertheless, Bane's the best.

#27 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane. Except when he's wearing those black wrestling tights where the straps go ALL THE WAY DOWN. Should be kept above chest level -_-

#28 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n: Who says we're going solely by comics? I like Bane a lot more than Joker in the comics, but when I think of how hilarious Joker is in TAS, I can't help but say he's my favorite.

#29 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
Kid's got potential
#30 Posted by Bruxae (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Croc, although I really like alot of them.

#31 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17574 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of these I would say

Joker

Ras

Mr Freeze

Killer Croc

(in no particular order)

There are also some great villains I like who for whatever reason aren't on this list are Black Mask Hugo Strange and Zsasz.

#32 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood had sooo much potential to be Batman's greatest villain. I hate what various writers did to him.What a waste.

#33 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

Kid's got potential

Right?! I almost forgot about Jr. here. Great choice dude!

#34 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Undoubtedly, Joker is the best, but when it comes to my personal favorite, I go:

1. Two-Face
  2. Joker
  3. Ra's al Ghul
#35 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

Killer Croc and Harley Quinn! but mainly killer croc

#36 Posted by BatWatch (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Two-Face when he is presented as a man torn between two natures. When he is simply, "Mwah, hah, hah! I have two pistols pointed at you, and a suit with two different colors, and henchmen with two different nun-chucks. Fear me!" he is considerably less entertaining.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.