Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Please say Geoff Johns isn't going to do this again?

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheBhramaBull

If he's going to have GL constantly making Batman jokes to try and look cool it's going to be so annoying! When it happened last time all that happened was Hal came across an an annoying prick!

(Only because it was constant and unfunny. If you're gonna have someone make jokes about Bats, do it like Constantine in Injustice.)

I only bring this up because the first thing to come out of Hal's mouth on his return was about Batman. Maybe Johns' Hal has a crush on Bruce.

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

I think you're making a far bigger thing out of this than it deserves. He didn't even say anything bad.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Bless his heart, he's got the GL logo on his chest, another logo hovering above that one, and yet another logo projecting from his ring. He must be worried Batman will have forgotten who he is.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

I think you're making a far bigger thing out of this than it deserves. He didn't even say anything bad.

It is picking up exactly where he left off previously on this JL run. He acts like a little school girl who is in love with Bats but can only show it by trying to be mean to him. It's terrible writing.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

@thebhramabull said:

@dernman said:

It is picking up exactly where he left off previously on this JL run. He acts like a little school girl who is in love with Bats but can only show it by trying to be mean to him. It's terrible writing.

He really didn't say anything mean it came of as teasing trying to be funny busting Batman's b@lls because nobody else does it. Not everyone needs to kiss Bat's @ss. It's like the user above me said. It's just their dynamic. Don't make more out of it than it is.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah, I never really minded the Bruce and Hal dynamic

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dernman said:

@thebhramabull said:

@dernman said:

He really didn't say anything mean it came of as teasing trying to be funny busting Batman's b@lls because nobody else does it. Not everyone needs to kiss Bat's @ss. It's like the user above me said. It's just their dynamic. Don't make more out of it than it is.

It's less to do with making fun of Batman (for example, as the OP noted, Constantine did it well), and more to do with writing Hal like he's unhealthily obsessed with Batman, almost to the point that he appears to have a secret crush on Bats.

Huh, maybe that is the point...somewhere down the road we're gonna have Hal french-kiss Bruce out of nowhere after a particularly heated argument between the two.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait till Bats knocks him out.

Avatar image for perchance2dream
    Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@dernman said:

@thebhramabull said:

@dernman said:

It's less to do with making fun of Batman (for example, as the OP noted, Constantine did it well), and more to do with writing Hal like he's unhealthily obsessed with Batman, almost to the point that he appears to have a secret crush on Bats.

Huh, maybe that is the point...somewhere down the road we're gonna have Hal french-kiss Bruce out of nowhere after a particularly heated argument between the two.

http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/prep-is-love-prep-is-life-1637540/#27

Prep is love. Prep is life.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel as if John's New 52 Hal trolling Batman dynamic is playing a lot off of the JLI Guy Gardner / Batman dynamic.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just glad he's back.

Beata

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Agreed.

He made a backhanded comment towards Batsy, because he knows it will get a rise out of him.

I have no idea why people are trying to find some sort of pretense to get their jimmies rustled. If Hal mentioned anyone else there wouldn't be a thread about it.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it kind of funny. I really like the interaction between Bruce/Hal

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it kind of funny. I really like the interaction between Bruce/Hal

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Making Batman look bad to make everybody else look good.

Bizarro World here we go.

Hater gonna hate, Lovers gonna Love
    Hater gonna hate, Lovers gonna Love
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Johns did it to troll the Batman fans,no one really cares about Hal being back,but Bat fans are definitely gonna care about Bats being on the receiving end of those lame jokes.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Johns still writes GL? What is that from JL?

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis:

Honestly I don't care that he's on the receiving end of jokes, like I said, Constantine in Injustice does it and it is funny.

But with Hal it was constant, boring and unfunny. I just find it bizarre that Hal has this obsession with trying to wind up Bruce. I don't see why people are labelling it as the Bruce/Hal dynamic, it's just Hal trying to make jokes and Bruce totally ignoring them, that's not really a dynamic in my opinion.

The whole reason he had to leave the team in the first place is because of his terrible attitude, and the first thing he wants to do is see if his presence might annoy Batman, some real character progression there from Johns.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Boo hoo. God forbid someone takes the piss out of the all consuming pop culture juggernaut that is Batman.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Boo hoo. Batman forbid someone takes the piss out of the all consuming pop culture juggernaut that is Batman.

Fixed

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that Hal seems a tad obsessed with Batman. I also don't care, at all.

Hal's a chump.

No Caption Provided

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boo hoo. God forbid someone takes the piss out of the all consuming pop culture juggernaut that is Batman.

No one complains about Constantine doing the same in Injustice.

@entropy_aegis:

Honestly I don't care that he's on the receiving end of jokes, like I said, Constantine in Injustice does it and it is funny.

But with Hal it was constant, boring and unfunny. I just find it bizarre that Hal has this obsession with trying to wind up Bruce. I don't see why people are labelling it as the Bruce/Hal dynamic, it's just Hal trying to make jokes and Bruce totally ignoring them, that's not really a dynamic in my opinion.

The whole reason he had to leave the team in the first place is because of his terrible attitude, and the first thing he wants to do is see if his presence might annoy Batman, some real character progression there from Johns.

Johns uses Hal as his own avatar to poke fun at Batman,Jordan is an author/Johns stand in and it's one of the reasons why I dislike Hal.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I have no idea how can Johns write a great Hal in the GL book but when he appears in Justice League - he's the worst character ever.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well it is nice to see someone other than the Flash giving jokes. Plus Batman is so serious.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Bless his heart, he's got the GL logo on his chest, another logo hovering above that one, and yet another logo projecting from his ring. He must be worried Batman will have forgotten who he is.

Hahaha. For a someone who seems like he doesn't like jokes. you're funny. These Batman jokes are hilarious.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal's back? YES!

The Batman jokes should never stop. It's hilarious. Specially the one where Green Arrow applied for the JL.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal's a big fat phony

Lol but I love Hal's jokes towards Batman, it's like a big brother little brother thing and I find it very amusing. Geoff will definitely have something for Batman when the time comes and make Hal look like a child

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johns overdid it in JL Origins a little bit with Hal calling him a douchebag. But it is kind of funny to see Hal have such an obsession over batman. I like their little rivalry. Its hilarious that the first thing out of his mouth when he shows up is something about Batman. I do believe that trading childish insults is above batman though and something that he would not engage in. Thankfully Johns was good enough to not have batman throwing insults back. Hopefully GL is a little nicer this time with his taunts. No more calling batman a douche because he stole your ring without you noticing. Hal is a good character but I don't know why Johns writes him like this here. Flash makes jokes about everyone, including batman, but Hal just comes off as mean.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is kind of weird that after being away for months and seeing his team members and friends again, he just asks about Batman.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Their "relationship" is actually kind of funny.

I don't think Hal means anything in a malicious way.

And to be fair, we got like a 3 volume break from Hal so....

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@muyjingo: he and Batman had complicated but close friendship I I'm not mistaken whereas he wasn't to close with the others besides Barry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

As long as Bruce reminds him who's selling more.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just a matter of time before John is cast and Jordan goes back in to obscurity.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@dagmar_merrill said:

No Caption Provided

That scan always cracks me up. Not because Hal decked Bats, but because of Guy's reaction to it.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

It'll be refreshing to see Hal take Bruce down a few pegs. I wonder how useful Johns will write Bruce in the Darkseid War?

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

No Caption Provided

That scan always cracks me up. Not because Hal decked Bats, but because of Guy's reaction to it.

I was gonna say that as well in that post, but I thought that it would ruin it.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is It Hal in the lego movie?

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

this

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Lol, what is with Bat-fanboys and there hatred of Geoff Johns and everything he does? I just don't get it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.