Only Two Batman Stories from Scott Snyder?

#1 Posted by djotaku (415 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott wrote on twitter that he and Greg Capullo are on Batman until the end of 2013. Given that it took him all year to do court of Owls, if it takes him a year to do Death of the Family - do you think he'll finish up on Batman having written only two story arcs? (Not counting his time on TEC or Gates of Gotham)

#2 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott's already said Death of the Family will take four months and he's said he's writing a riddler story, I'm sure there'll be at least one more arc after that.

I really hope that's not IT, I want to see him come back to Batman.

#3 Posted by Nassirdada (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@djotaku:

#4 Posted by djotaku (415 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! The best Riddler I've seen in comics was the one depicted in Gotham City Sirens. (Great series, by the way if you're a fan of Catwoman, Ivy, or Harley) I wonder what kind of Riddler story Snyder would tell. Of course, I'm still partial to The Riddler as depicted in Batman: TAS. In the commentaries there they said they didn't use him too often because it's hard to write a legitimately good Riddler story. You have to be as smart as him to design his traps, etc.

@htb106 said:

Scott's already said Death of the Family will take four months and he's said he's writing a riddler story, I'm sure there'll be at least one more arc after that.

I really hope that's not IT, I want to see him come back to Batman.

He was understandably evasive when I asked him about it on twitter. I asked if that was IT or that was just as long as his current contract ran. (Or if read literally if it meant that it was the end of Capullo's run with him - I'd love to see Joch work with him again)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.