Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Oh Lord, look at the cover for the Robin Rises event

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Saren
    No Caption Provided

Can you smell the fuming? I can. And it smells delicious.

Interview with Tomasi about Robin Rises

Apparently Batman has to butt heads with both the Justice League and Apokolips. I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I am. I really am.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By Saren

Another cover that looks more like Earth-2's Thomas Wayne than regular Batman:

No Caption Provided

They're probably just going to bait-and-switch Damian's resurrection, buuuuuuut I can hope.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@saren: Fuming that Damian's (presumably) coming back? Or that the cover implies that no force on Earth can stop Batman from reclaiming his son?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Hopefully Batman can have more feats like this due to the stipulations:

No Caption Provided

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Earth 2 Batman is going to die soon anyways.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Pretty cool cover (but please batfans don't try and add this to his feats) "Remember that time he pulled Not only Shazam but WW and Aquaman?" lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think it will be interesting to see how batman deals with huge threats like the league and Darkseid. Darkseid always seemed to have some kind of respect for batman and I always found that interesting to see. It'll be funny if Tomasi has batman take both the league and darkseid out but I hope it doesn't get to that point.

I also hope that Damian Wayne isn't resurrected. He was a brat and a killer and was always meant to die, and I hate the idea of batman actually having a real son (besides terry McGinnis). I would much prefer to see Carrie Kelley take the role and become the first girl robin in new 52. Lastly, Talia definitely needs to ressurected at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if Ra's already did that to her and then destroyed Damian's body in favor of a clone that will be loyal to Ra's. This arc sounds exciting.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 frozen  Moderator

@saren: Maybe Earth 2 Batman will make an appearance? I don't know. The forces of Apokolips after all, are attacking Earth 2.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

What's a chaos shard? I'm guessing that crystal from Paks Batman/Superman?

storkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh, I thought OP meant Batman's wacky anatomy with this topic :D

There's Kelley Jones vibe in it with insane lump of muscles and huge thighs. Foreshortening isn't that easy either, as we see.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SupremeHyperion

And since when did Sgt Slaughter take up the Batman mantle? USA USA USA

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
    Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid as Batman?

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

So are you basically telling me that Batman is going to kick all of the JL's candy asses...again? Take my money now!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That cover looks great but I think that means Batman will try to resurrect Damian but the league will make him see that its not the right decision and Damian will remain dead.

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@saren: Maybe Earth 2 Batman will make an appearance? I don't know. The forces of Apokolips after all, are attacking Earth 2.

Expanding on this. Maybe Damian is resurrected and then travels to Earth-2. That would allow for coexisting Robins.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I can already feel the jimmies being rustled.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can almost smell the PIS.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should just stop beating around the bush and give Batman super powers and make him more powerful than any other character. Then we can have scenes of him taking his gloves off and punching Shazam, Superman, he can singlehandedly take down Darkseid, etc. I dont know who they are trying to fool at this point.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy yet another event, (because its not like there was a nearly year long event or anything) with Batman again.

I cant hold my excitement.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I think it will be interesting to see how batman deals with huge threats like the league and Darkseid. Darkseid always seemed to have some kind of respect for batman and I always found that interesting to see. It'll be funny if Tomasi has batman take both the league and darkseid out but I hope it doesn't get to that point.

I also hope that Damian Wayne isn't resurrected. He was a brat and a killer and was always meant to die, and I hate the idea of batman actually having a real son (besides terry McGinnis). I would much prefer to see Carrie Kelley take the role and become the first girl robin in new 52. Lastly, Talia definitely needs to ressurected at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if Ra's already did that to her and then destroyed Damian's body in favor of a clone that will be loyal to Ra's. This arc sounds exciting.

I was with you until you said Carrie Kelley as Robin. It would make no sense at all for Batman to jeopardize another teenage sidekick on his war on crime. im already pissed that Harper Row is following him around(which happen in the future issues at some point in time), Kelly has shown no feats of H2H skills at all, so that mean's he'll have to quick train a robin who shown no aspiration to fight crime. Now if Carrie was to be another Oracle type of character i can get behind that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I kind of want Batman to beat the crap out of Shazam and Aquaman at the same time. Just for the reactions.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@saren: I don't get your snarky OP. Wit is usually meant to be easily understood. Why so salty?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.