Official Batman Movies discussion thread (Spoilers!!)

#351 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Batman Returns > Nolan's Trilogy

YOU KNOW DEEP DOWN THAT IT'S TRUE.

Sorry, but that was a Tim Burton movie not a Batman movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if he re-released it with Helena Bonham Carter in it, that would really make it a Tim Burton movie. ;)

#352 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he re-released it with Helena Bonham Carter in it, that would really make it a Tim Burton movie. ;)

LOL. So true. Heck, throw Depp in there for good measure.

#353 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

#354 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker:

=P

#355 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Reignmaker:

=P

My computer skills fail. LOL.

#356 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Reignmaker:

=P

My computer skills fail. LOL.

haha It's cool. When you want to post a gif, right click over the image and then select "Copy Image". Then simply paste it wherever you want.

#358 Posted by MaskedStranger192 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Does any one have any ideas on what the Batman reboot should be? It will take place in the DC cinematic universe and what should it be, who should be the villain, story?

#359 Posted by GothamCityRogues (38 posts) - - Show Bio

A Sin City style Batman would be nice

#360 Posted by ashleywilliam (5 posts) - - Show Bio

batman is my one of favourite movie nd thnx for share.

#361 Posted by HarlequinKiss (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just going to say The Dark Knight Returns was INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTING. I came in excited, and struggled to stay awake between fits of laughter at the most ridiculous scenes. What a bummer ending, dude.

#362 Posted by sinestro_GL (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

@HarlequinKiss said:

I'm just going to say The Dark Knight Returns was INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTING. I came in excited, and struggled to stay awake between fits of laughter at the most ridiculous scenes. What a bummer ending, dude.

I stayed away from ALL threads relating to TDKR until I saw the film...only until last week, as I finally bought the DVD.

Gotta say, I too was massively disappointed with it...the script was kinda...bad in comparison to the two preceding scripts. I don't know about non-comic book readers, since I can't be inpartial, but Nolan relay strayed a bit too far from the comics in this one.

#363 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_GL said:

@HarlequinKiss said:

I stayed away from ALL threads relating to TDKR until I saw the film...only until last week, as I finally bought the DVD.

Gotta say, I too was massively disappointed with it...the script was kinda...bad in comparison to the two preceding scripts. I don't know about non-comic book readers, since I can't be inpartial, but Nolan relay strayed a bit too far from the comics in this one.

Nolan didn't have anything to do with The Dark Knight Returns. I think you're confusing that with The Dark Knight Rises. :]

#364 Posted by UncleEmu (179 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the changes Nolan made. He understood what role everyone has and tailored them to his movies without destroying their purpose.

#365 Posted by dkrewz (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@HarlequinKiss said:

I didn't care for Robin or Superman

#366 Posted by RustyRoy (11899 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked The Dark Knight Returns, it was pretty good in my opinion.

Off Topic what if Burton comes back for the Batman reboot, I've heard he wanted to do an origin story for the third movie. Johny Depp can play the Joker and Helena Bonham Carter can be Harley Quinn. I know no one would want it and WB won't even do it, I'm not even sure if I like the idea,still I think it will be cool if done right.

#367 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first saw TDKR I was not a comic fan at all. I became a comic fan because I saw TDKR. The film was excellent, not as good as TDK (no Heath made that impossible) but I thought it was better than Begins.

#368 Posted by thejman250 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

- I'd rather that no more horrible Batman movies ever be made.

- I'd rather not see a repeat of Nolan's drivel.

#369 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan's movies were great.

Probably the best comic book adaption movies ever.

#370 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger said:

Nolan's movies were great.

Probably the best comic book adaption movies ever.

This, although I Avengers is a close second.

#371 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashknight: Nah, Avengers was pure action.I enjoyed it but it hadn't any deeper meaning or something.

I vote for the Punisher as second.

#372 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio
#373 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger Never seen it

You should check it out.

And for the best series ever I vote for Arrow.

#374 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: I agree on Arrow, fantastic series. Totally outclasses Smallville.

#375 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: I agree on Arrow, fantastic series. Totally outclasses Smallville.

I didn't like Smallville at all.

#376 Edited by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: Some of it's good some of it's bad. It gets bad when they focus too much on love drama, it's a superhero TV show lol.

#377 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: Some of it's good some of it's bad. It gets bad when they focus too much on love drama, it's a superhero TV show lol.

LOL true....

#378 Posted by consolemaster001 (5145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Ugh

#380 Edited by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan's films were great and everything, but his first one is truly the best regardless of what others say. Everyone talks about TDK and TDKR, but they really got off track from the character. Batman Begins kept it simple and is, IMO, the best representation of the Batman mythos. If there is a definitive take on Batman in live action, then BB is surely it. The threat in that movie was just an original and awesome idea: a panic-inducing toxin being dumped in Gotham's water supply, only to be released through the air by a Wayne Enterprise's Microwave Emitter? All by Ra's Al Ghul and the League of Shadows so as to "restore the balance"? Come on, now that's just flippin' cool! Not to mention it is the best telling of Batman's origin ever committed to film.

I would, however, like to see DC expand their cinematic universe with other Bat family members more before returning to Batman himself. Let the Dark Knight movies breathe for a few years. How about a Nightwing movie with JGL as the title character? I know this is a popular idea already, but I'm starting to warm up to it.

#381 Posted by ElGUitarist (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would JGL be Nightwing when he's ment to be Batman post-TDKR in that "universe"?
If you ment a movie outside of the Nolan-verse, having JGL as Nightwing would confuse audiences into thinking it was the Nolan-verse.

It's hard to argue, because JGL is awesome.

#382 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Does any one have any ideas on what the Batman reboot should be? It will take place in the DC cinematic universe and what should it be, who should be the villain, story?

with this costume

#383 Edited by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@Extremis Who doesn't love Batman Begins!!!

I hop the reboot is called The Caped Crusader. Would strike a balance b/w Nolan's and Burton's versions and would be able to fit in with Man of Steel.

#384 Posted by tydor73 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: It definitely shouldn't be an origin story. Personally, I would love to see a mystery story with Batman actually doing detective work, although that probably wouldn't fit in with the universe DC wants to create.

#385 Posted by PunyParker (9420 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna watch Dark Knight Returns....worth it?!

Year One and Under the red hood were awesome.

#386 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#387 Posted by Parker_Brothers (57 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pbp/batman-beyond-meltdown

#388 Posted by russellmania77 (14856 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing negative I could say about the Nolan batman is the way he ended it and presented robin

#389 Posted by RustyRoy (11899 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna watch Dark Knight Returns....worth it?!

Year One and Under the red hood were awesome.

Yeah its definitely worth it.

#390 Posted by russellmania77 (14856 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: part 2 was better but you won't understand it unless u see the first part

#391 Posted by TheBournePoster (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently there was a Wayne enterprises logo on the satellite in a Man of Steel, which bodes well for a Batman movie.

#392 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing negative I could say about the Nolan batman is the way he ended it and presented robin

Yeah, I guess, but let's not forget he killed Two-Face, a truck driver and Talia.

#393 Posted by RustyRoy (11899 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually loved how they presented Robin, Blake was the combination of Dick, Jason and Tim and JGL was great in the role.

#394 Posted by MintIssue (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The new film should be called "Batman" (it's been 24 years since Batman 1989; I think we're good!)

It should keep some of Nolan's "Heightened realism" while being in the DC Cinematic Universe.

#395 Posted by lifeofvibe (3463 posts) - - Show Bio

yeaaa batman to be in man of steel two!

#396 Edited by GeekBait (779 posts) - - Show Bio

@mintissue: I agree with this. The rebooted series should just be called Batman and be followed by Batman 2, Batman 3, etc. No need for these fancy names and subtitles, just stick to numbered sequels like The Amazing Spider-Man is doing.

#397 Posted by younglava1405 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone seen i am legend? Towards the beginning of the movie there is a logo of batman and superman and it's together! Is this for man of steel 2?

#398 Edited by PunyParker (9420 posts) - - Show Bio
#399 Edited by RustyRoy (11899 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys......u knew that?!....

Christian Bale reportedly offered $50 million to return in ‘Batman vs. Superman’

That's a lot of money but if Bale is back, the movie will make far more than it would with a new batman.

#400 Posted by PunyParker (9420 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

Guys......u knew that?!....

Christian Bale reportedly offered $50 million to return in ‘Batman vs. Superman’

That's a lot of money but if Bale is back, the movie will make far more than it would with a new batman.

I'm all down for Bale....i mean,RDJ took about $80 million for the Avengers.Bale taking 50 wont be even mentioned.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.