Official Batman Movies discussion thread (Spoilers!!)

#301 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

why are there rumors going around that batman dies in the up coming movie? if that shit is true it will ruin the trilogy for me.

#302 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt he will die. I believe "a batman" will die, but not bruce. Its simple but affective Bane breaks the bat, Joseph Gordon LEvitt's character takes up the mantle, he ends up dying, and bruce wayne lives on. DC won't allow Batman to die, especially if they want to reboot the series, it would be oh so confusing if he just died.

#303 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

if bruce wayne were to die i would be utterly disappointed. so you think bane will break bruce's back. and it will end in him being replaced by someone other then bruce wayne being batman?

#304 Posted by TheCannon (17917 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Burton did better than Christian Bale.

#305 Edited by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see this film.

#306 Edited by whiteknight67 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

Constantine says:

"danhimself says:
"zero edge says:
"Lady Tlieso says:
"why was there a need for this? i understand marketing & all that stuff but why?
"
here's the one for the Dark Knight at least we get a really nice shot of the bat suit haha
Post Edited:2008-05-31 20:23:53"
wow i definitly like the begins suit better"
yh"

huh?

Where is the Oreo? Oh, Joker/Two Face have them.

#307 Posted by whiteknight67 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@berikson said:

I was wondering what do you think about Jim Caviezel as bruce wayne?

I think he would be great Batman/Bruce

#308 Posted by 1amnamtab (13 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son_of_Magnus:

are you high??? ur favorite movie was probably batman and robin though right?

#309 Posted by Mjdemon (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched Dark Knight again but on my new Big Screen :D amazing movie but does anyone feel Batman was selfish for going to try to save Rachel instead of Harvey. And again movie was amazing currently one of my Fav comic movies other than Spiderman 2 but the ending of TDK kinda left me sad that Harvey died. It felt kind of abrupt.

#310 Posted by TheCannon (17917 posts) - - Show Bio

They should go into production for a Batman Beyond movie after the Dark Knight.

#311 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Batman Beyond? as in future Batman, Terry Mcginnis? That would be amazing! but the films tend not to do stuff like that which is a real shame, Like they'd never put Jason Todd in a live action film.

#312 Posted by TheCannon (17917 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

@TheCannon said:

Batman Beyond? as in future Batman, Terry Mcginnis? That would be amazing! but the films tend not to do stuff like that which is a real shame, Like they'd never put Jason Todd in a live action film.

I think they actually might do Batman Beyond at one point. They were planning one in 99, but decided not to do it and moved on to Batman Begins. I think at this point, they should do something like this. It's better than another reboot, it's easier then making a spin-off to a Justice LEague movie.

#313 Posted by DARKKNIGHTART (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I create original batman art - Here is my Joker-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-HEATH-LEDGER-JOKER-24x36-oil-painting-The-Dark-Knight-Batman-/280895518744?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item4166ad7818#ht_500wt_979

#314 Posted by MadRooster81 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a Batman Beyond would be a good buffer movie before they go back to a Bruce Wayne Batman movie after Dark Knight Rises. Because the next Batman movie will have a lot of shoes to fill and should be somewhat different than Nolan's films.

#315 Posted by Mucklefluga (2522 posts) - - Show Bio

When did they announce Batman was retired for the 8 years??

#316 Posted by DoctorOctopus (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@berikson said:

He's my pick for Superman if a 'Dark Knight Returns' movie ever gets made anytime soon.

#317 Posted by gotham-nudist (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@berikson said:

I think JC is one of the most underrated actors in the world. I loved "count of monte cristo", "angel", and "frequency". I believe he would make an excellent wayne/batman. Saw TDKR yesterday and was AMAZED! I think they did an almost accurate(not 100%) job on Bane, who's voice is badass and so is his fighting. I think Nolans take on Bane was an ingenius adaptation for the movie. Very refreshing since I dont like the current version of Bane in the comics(silly overblown cartoony muscles). I miss the original version of Bane as depicted in DC's 1992 one shot "vengeance of Bane", then "knightfall". I think Nolan took a chunk of "knightfall" storyline for TDKR. Cant wait to see it again.

#318 Posted by WeWatchedAMovie (39 posts) - - Show Bio
#319 Posted by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

It still blows my mind that Nolan and/or the screenwriter had Year One, Knightfall, No Man's Land and Dark Knight Returns - in one movie ... and it worked

#320 Posted by antimonitorrules (107 posts) - - Show Bio

So who gives batman the dark knight rises a thumbs up?

#321 Posted by Stark86 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Not me. SPOILERS The villains were good, even if Banes origin was bleh, but Nolan's Batman doesn't have the skills that make Batman who he is. Such as detective skills, he did one bit of detective work that even I could do. The fights are under-whelming. He's not very resourceful, his belt seemed very limited as it always is in Nolan's movies. He seems to not have basic things like tasers, smoke pellets, or batarangs bigger than my thumb. These things probably would of saved him from Bane, instead of just screaming and punching at him. He also is ready to quit like all the time and Alfred supports him quitting which is very uncharacteristic of Batman. Then again Bale says that Batman can be anyone so i guess Batman doesnt have to have the skills he does in the comics. I also can't stand all the stupid messages about our society that Nolan puts in the movies. Despite all that it was a decent movie with explosions and people getting pumped up so I can see why people liked it. I'm just mad because I want a true to comic Batman movie.

#322 Edited by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

MAJOR SPOILERS.

OVERALL: Very, very good. Closed the saga nicely. Still working on separating Nolanman and Batman in my head, so I won't talk about Bruce's ending.

The GOOD (special mentions!): Bats fighting not only in daylight, but hand-to-hand, Supes style (showed how screwed up Gotham was); the brutality of Bane vs Bat round 1 (I flinched when Knightfall happened); Catwoman not being as annoying as I thought she would be; the chalk bat; the fire bat (maybe a little excessive, but by this point Bane have wreaked so much havoc I was like “f*ck yeah!”); Scarecrow’s cameo (lol) and “Robin,” cheesy, but I loved it.

The BAD: Blake’s excuse for knowing who Batman is. Yes, I realize you are channeling Tim here, just like your relentless hotheading (use of the word "hothead" needs to be part of the DKR drinking game when the blu-ray comes out) was channeling Jason and/or Terry. All I needed was a little, 10 second, plausible (not, “I see that look in your eyes, I feels man~) explanation. “I used the police computers, you disappeared at the same time as the Batman, and 10 (?) years ago, we you came back, he first appeared. You have the motive and the money...” or something.

The rest of the stuff I can overlook: the bomb radius, Bane croaking off-screen, Batman getting back into Gotham, the back healing perfectly, the leeroy jenkins charge, all the other stuff that’s been mentioned.

#323 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

At the time that Batman Begins came out I didn't really think much about movies nor did I know much about the entire Mythos of the Batman character and I thought it was a good movie. When The Dark Knight came out I was just about to start my reading of all of modern Batman and again I thought it was good.

I have to say I'm not so sure any more that they were good movies now that I think back on them and nor do I consider them Batman movies because they got the characters so wrong that it is amazing that anyone recognizes them as Batman and his cast and this reaches its climax of really really getting the characters wrong in TDKR with Bane. Bane fits in so well with the motifs and the vision of the Nolan Batman that the fact that they screwed him up so horribly is quite unforgivable from the standpoint of trust that he can get the characters right, but he's really only the catalyst for me, because the moment you realize that that Bane is not anywhere near faithful and it is incredibly stupid how he was handled my mind goes, well let's look at the other characters and what we find are characters that have little if any connection to their roots.

Everything about TDKR is wrong. So wrong, that it forces your mind to look back at the previous films and find all the faults in them.

Of course, then I saw the Superman trailer recently released and oh my god that is bad. 60-70% of the trailer looks like a tugboat movie. An awful long cut CGI scene is shown, and then Kid Clark in a cape is just sooo off. The kid in the cape thing came from wanting to BE superman. You can't justify Clark as a kid doing that.

#324 Edited by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken: I agree with you. I was a big issue I had too. Batman quitting?! TWICE?! He's superpower is NOT doing that. Especially with Gotham in pieces after Bane. And there were other issues (I haven't seen the other two films for a while, but from what I remember): for example, he never seemed to move like Batman (fast and hard, deceptive combat... Nolan's Batman was almost tank-ish), even when he used the same tools (though there were a few nice ideas, like turning off the tumbler's lights in Begins, classic hanging off a building interrogation). For example, I don't remember I batarang ever pinning a coat to the wall just as Bats tackles the first guy (did we ever see one used? I know he threw one in the cave, but did we see any criminals get hit by one?), or a tackle from the skylight, or smoke-hide-swoop combo he does when he's surrounded. He didn't seem to have the same obsessive personality, or deductive skills.

Now, I followed the advice of another site to get over this (leaving "the Drake Deduction" as the biggest issue for me). The reviewer said simply "this is an Elseworld's version of Batman. Roll with it." Seriously a great idea. Because there are good movies and they did a lot to change the genre.

Supes trailer - have't seen it. My interested in him is mostly limited to JL and WF stuff. But I've heard some chatter...Supes is a different animal. If DC was going to do an Avengers style movie (comparatively lighter, funnier, simpler), this would be the time.

#325 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@britsera: The problem I have with that is that it's not just an elseworld where the character is the same but something happens and it directs him a slightly different way. Bruce has been turned from a child who's world crumbles, but in that moment he becomes resolute and a vision forms of his future to prevent this from ever happening again... to an emo twit who's out for revenge and doesn't get his way so throws a tantrum. The character as it is in the movie is completely divorced from the actual character of Bruce Wayne... and not to mention Alfred and Gordon and even an elseworld will have those right or know them enough to tweak them right. These simply don't understand the character enough and instead decided to tell his own story and throw a bat suit on it.

That type of thing is annoying to me and that's without the obvious problems with the stories themselves.

#326 Posted by monkeyonurback_ (84 posts) - - Show Bio

reading the old posts on this where people were guessing about the dark knight is fucking hilarious!

#327 Posted by cliffrice (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot emphasize enough how much i hated this movie. It seemed to be full of Hokey Cliche and shallow self serving plot components. It was wrapped up much to neatly the villains were just crappy (Though talia was a logical choice to wrap the trillogy up) If they were going to lie than why did they Blame batman in the first-place.

Could just as easily said The joker or even one of his goons did it, I doubt with as much as he had terrorized the city anyone would question that lie for a second, than Gordon would not have to feel guilty about sullying batmans name.

Why would Bane go out of his way to clear batmans name? didn't he want him broken in every conceivable way? Wouldn't it have served his purposes better to make the population think batman was a cold blooded killer?

Bane was kinda smart i guess but mostly just a high classed thug with a bunch more thugs while his motivations were decent enough given the story. Its hard to Top the joker i know but this movie was WAY crappier than the dark knight.

Another thing is that batman is supposed to be a symbol, anyone could be batman? that's one of the themes right? Why the hell did batman Arrest those other bat man wanna be's Seems like its more like anyone can be batman except when they meet batman. WTF.

I guessed the ending instantly when i alfred did his little monologue about meeting Bruce and his little ones at the cafe than i damn sure guessed it when they introduced the nuclear device. It just ruined the ending for me right there. Well that and Fox saying Bruce was the only one clever enough and with enough time to fix the bats auto pilot.

Anyway Super crappy movie Maybe not super crappy though I Guess i just have came to expect more from Christopher Nolan. I did however enjoy catwoman.

#328 Edited by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio
@cliffrice said:

Could just as easily said The joker or even one of his goons did it, I doubt with as much as he had terrorized the city anyone would question that lie for a second, than Gordon would not have to feel guilty about sullying batmans name.

If you recall, the cops had the place surrounded, only Batman, Comissioner Gordon and Dent were present when Dent was killed, and there was gunfire......its obvious that something happened there....there was only Gordon or Batman to blame

@cliffrice said:

Why would Bane go out of his way to clear batmans name? didn't he want him broken in every conceivable way? Wouldn't it have served his purposes better to make the population think batman was a cold blooded killer?

The people of Gotham loved Dent so much, he was their White Knight....they even named a holiday after him, Bane wanted them to know that their false idol was a sham that became corrupted, and Batman, their real hero who was defeated.

@cliffrice said:

Bane was kinda smart i guess but mostly just a high classed thug with a bunch more thugs while his motivations were decent enough given the story. Its hard to Top the joker i know but this movie was WAY crappier than the dark knight.

I have no proof of this, but I believed Ban handled all the minor details while infiltrating Gotham, and crashing the plane in the beginning of the movie...Talia was working her end as Miranda Tate....it was a joint venture

@cliffrice said:

Another thing is that batman is supposed to be a symbol, anyone could be batman? that's one of the themes right? Why the hell did batman Arrest those other bat man wanna be's Seems like its more like anyone can be batman except when they meet batman. WTF.

The Batman copycats in the TDK were using artillery and assault rifles to fight crime, breaking one of Batmans rules.

@cliffrice said:

I guessed the ending instantly when i alfred did his little monologue about meeting Bruce and his little ones at the cafe than i damn sure guessed it when they introduced the nuclear device. It just ruined the ending for me right there. Well that and Fox saying Bruce was the only one clever enough and with enough time to fix the bats auto pilot.

I still really have no clue if Batman died or not....I guess that was the intention
#329 Edited by cliffrice (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

it was very clear he lived when alfred saw him at the cafe thingy with catwoman just like his sappy plot serving dream. I guess he could have been dreaming again.

Also if batman could have gotten off the roof than so could the joker.

#330 Posted by soyacat (7 posts) - - Show Bio

(spoiler)

Interesting to see, when Catwoman, implanted the chip in Batman's thigh, while they were dancing. Only to use it when he was facing Bane, distracting him in when the time was right. I do wonder, why was this cooperation between Catwoman and Bane not more evident in the movie? How ironic, that in the end of the movie, our hero, badly beaten, again, and old, believes he had found the happiness he had wanted, only to find himself actually with the butler who accompanied his miserable life at every turn and the woman, who betrayed him to Bane and would more assuredly betray him in more fundamental ways in the future. He is quite doomed to be a bitter, bald old man, alone in the basement, in his latter years.

Quite the far cry from Catwoman Selina Kyle of the animated series. Such a tragic, haunted and betrayed figure herself. This Catwoman is nothing but a "Bitch".

#331 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

ENDING Spoiler!:

I was rather disappointed by the ending, but I figured it out.

So by now most people know what happened in the Dark Knight Rises. And while the movie had some technical problems (example: Talia switched seats in the truck and the dude in the truck vanished), some plot holes, and some inconsistances (Bruce was not Batman for the whole 8 years, then how did the orphan kid remember him? That kid was only 12 or so.), despite all of that the film was actually pretty good.

We had amazing performances from Ann Hathaway and Tom Hardy. I really think they both nailed their characters for sure. As did Bale, Oldman, and Caine.

But after the movie ended I was really, really upset that the ending. I know it had been predicted months ago, and that many people loved the ending, but I just could not get over the fact that John Blake (or shall I say Robin.....Seriously, that was another extremely stupid choice on Nolan's part to make that his name) was going to become Batman and Bruce Wayne went on to live a home life with Selina. (The finding of the Cave was a nice touch but I think it was too ambiguous and open ended.)

So I took some time and I really thought about it and one of the first things that really got me through it was that this was Nolan's universe, and he had always planned on having Bruce give it up. That was made clear from the Second Film.

However I was still bothered that Bruce would simply abandon Gotham. It was his city, and his one true love besides Rachel. I just kept thinking Bruce has to come back.

And then it hit me.

1. Bruce obviously wants Blake to take the mantle. Bruce is done, his body is broken.

2. Bruce therefore wants Blake to succeed at becoming Batman.

3. Blake has limited knowledge, training, money, and equipment.

3a. Blake does not have the money or resources to maintain the cave, the tumbler, the pod, the Bat, the suits, or the equipment.

3b. Without proper training Blake is going to die.

3c. Without proper training Blake cannot fly the Bat or use the Tumbler

4. Bruce has vast knowledge, training, resources, and equipment.

4a. Obviously Bruce has money still because he was able to get from the Prison to Gotham and then at the end escape, and fly to Florence.

5. Blake is unlikely to go to Gordon for help and money, and also unlikely to go to Fox.

Conclusion: Blake needs Bruce to come back and train him and finance everything. Bruce has to come back and show Blake the ropes. Though Bruce will not resume the mantle of Batman, he has to come back.

This fits in Nolan's universe, because with his realism, Blake cannot survive on his own, especially with his extremely limited resources. It would be next ti impossible, even when we factor in the other unrealistic elements of the film.

What do you guys think?

Oh and by the way, I think Batman was active for Five years after the Dark Knight Movie, and when Bruce Wayne disappeared Three years before the Dark Knight Rises, so did Batman. That would explain why the Batcave was rebuilt with so much technology. It wouldnt make sense to do that and have Batman be inactive for the whole eight years.

#332 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87:

I think the Orphan kid remembered him because he's Batman and was the most famous person in the city. I'm sure articles and magazines were made about him which the young kid naturally gravitated towards as he grew up. In addition to the entire city wondering if Batman was ever going to come back.

Don't be so hard on Blake, he's essentially where Bruce was in Batman Begins before he got on the boat (albeit with more experience and training). I don't believe Bruce knew how to use/fix everything immediately. Nor did he just acquire his fighting abilities without training. Blake has plenty of time to grow into being a hero. Is he going to be the next Batman? I doubt that, but then again the city doesn't need another Batman. Plus Blake's mindset is something more important than his fighting abilities right now, the latter is easy to learn.

Perhaps there is a note in the Batcave about seeing Fox if Blake needed help with anything. I do find it difficult to believe that Bruce would just leave him with no guidance.

Also, I don't see how Bruce leaving is him abandoning the Gotham. I'm reminded of this exchange from the movie which would sum up my feelings on it:

Selina Kyle- “You don’t owe these people anymore, you’ve given them everything.”

Batman- “Not everything. Not yet.”

Bruce Wayne literally had given everything to the city of Gotham, he more than did his part and is now passing things on to Blake. It seemed to be an underlying message in the film (some by design) that Batman wasn't appreciated for everything he did for the Gotham. I agree with you that Nolan wanted Bruce to give it up since the beginning, that he was just trying to get the city to change and for the people of Gotham to take charge.

Maybe Selina Kyle bankrolled their trip overseas, I'm believing that Bruce Wayne is broke. It's a better ending then him having a secret bank account somewhere.

#333 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Moon_Bat_87:

1. I think the Orphan kid remembered him because he's Batman and was the most famous person in the city. I'm sure articles and magazines were made about him which the young kid naturally gravitated towards as he grew up. In addition to the entire city wondering if Batman was ever going to come back.

2. Don't be so hard on Blake, he's essentially where Bruce was in Batman Begins before he got on the boat (albeit with more experience and training). I don't believe Bruce knew how to use/fix everything immediately. Nor did he just acquire his fighting abilities without training. Blake has plenty of time to grow into being a hero. Is he going to be the next Batman? I doubt that, but then again the city doesn't need another Batman. Plus Blake's mindset is something more important than his fighting abilities right now, the latter is easy to learn.

3. Perhaps there is a note in the Batcave about seeing Fox if Blake needed help with anything. I do find it difficult to believe that Bruce would just leave him with no guidance.

4. Also, I don't see how Bruce leaving is him abandoning the Gotham. I'm reminded of this exchange from the movie which would sum up my feelings on it:

Selina Kyle- “You don’t owe these people anymore, you’ve given them everything.”

Batman- “Not everything. Not yet.”

Bruce Wayne literally had given everything to the city of Gotham, he more than did his part and is now passing things on to Blake. It seemed to be an underlying message in the film (some by design) that Batman wasn't appreciated for everything he did for the Gotham. I agree with you that Nolan wanted Bruce to give it up since the beginning, that he was just trying to get the city to change and for the people of Gotham to take charge.

5. Maybe Selina Kyle bankrolled their trip overseas, I'm believing that Bruce Wayne is broke. It's a better ending then him having a secret bank account somewhere.

Thanks for considering and commenting on my post. I added numbers into your post to make it easier to reply too.

1. Okay that makes sense. I disagree, but it does make sense. I still feel that Batman was active for a few years within that eight year period.

2. League of Shadow's fighting skills and martial arts are easy to learn? Plus have you watched Batman: Gotham Knight, Nolan said it is canon (kinda). The type of training Bruce went through is extreme, and not easy to learn let alone master.

I agree Blake has plenty of time to learn, but he doesnt have the connections outside of Bruce to find the proper training.

I also agree that Bruce did not know everything at first. He clearly trained and learned.

And I do feel that Gotham always needs a Batman. And Nolan obviously wants us to know that Blake will be the next one.

3. We are in agreement that Bruce would not leave him hanging.

4. I guess it is my comic book fan self that is upset about that. Gotham is Batman, and vice versa. Gotham is Bruce's true love. At least in the comics. And I guess that is my issue, I have a hard time separating the two.

And I agree, he did give everything. But not his life. And that is why some people argue that he is actually dead.

But I just feel that Bruce will need to come back one way or another.

5. True. But I doubt Bruce was broke. Plus remember Fox said that it would take some time, but made it clear that Bruce would get his wealth back after Bane stole it.

#334 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moon_Bat_87:

1) I agree with that, especially considering that Talia's role in the movie. I'm just saying that Gotham identified with Batman, much more so than with Dent.

2) No, I don't think it's easy to learn (I meant easier, my mistake) but I feel that having the right mindset is much more important than fighting skill. Bane could beat the crap out of pretty much anyone but his mind wasn't right. Blake could learn how to fight better but honestly, he is mostly going to be against thugs so he doesn't need too much ability.

4) I understand what you mean. I haven't read any Batman comics so I'm just going by the movie, but Bruce was just exhausted both mentally and physically and I don't think he wanted to do anymore than his part. He wanted to inspire Gotham.

Well, I mean as far as pretty much everyone is concerned Batman is dead. He sacrificed himself at the end. I think I just feel like Bruce Wayne while he'll technically always be Batman, isn't anymore; thus, Batman is dead but his legend lives on.

It's entirely possible Bruce does come back, maybe even likely.

5) The more I think about it, the more I agree with you. Bruce had to have some money stashed away somewhere, perhaps invested.

#335 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Groovy, I think we are in agreement!

Cheers!

#336 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Having watched the film I think there's a possible solution to the whole 'Bruce Wayne is bankrupt' thing.

If you observe the film closely you'll notice that Lucius Fox says to Bruce that the money can be regained in time by simply exposing the manner in which it was lost as being fraudulent and not Bruce's fault. Now obviously everyone thinks Bruce/Batman is dead so there isn't any way that he could personally regain this money. I see it like this. Bruce planned to be at that restaurant where Alfred was and he planned for Alfred to notice him and see that he was alive. With Alfred being Bruce's main beneficiary he would receive the majority of the money lost due to Bane and Dagget's plan. Who are we to say that after seeing Bruce to be alive Alfred didn't sling him a few million?

I also have one point of contention with how the movie ended. It's pretty much certain that Blake (or should we call him Robin?) is going to take over as Batman after the final scenes. I mean, he never hid from Bruce the fact that he knew he was Batman and I doubt Blake just stumbled across the entrance to the cave of his own accord. Bruce would surely have known that Blake would take over as Batman, maybe he even went as far as planning for that to happen (faking his death would be a way of ensuring someone new stepped up to the plate as his own body was failing). But what I can't quite work out is where Blake would get funding from if he were to take over as Batman.

#337 Posted by ElGUitarist (29 posts) - - Show Bio

To your last paragraph:

Blake found the batcave because it was in the coordinates given to him by Bruce.

Remember, Blake was at the hearing of Bruce's will... then he gave his name to the woman (lol your name is Robin scene)... that was him picking up what Bruce left for him in his will. Bruce intended for Blake to become Batman. This was all planned out by Bruce

Blake also knows who Fox is (scene where they explain the decaying nuclear cells of the bomb to the special ops dudes), and Bruce may very well have given instructions on how Blake is to contact Fox, along with the instructions to enter the batcave. Fox also knows that Bruce is alive because the software patch for auto-pilot repair had Bruce's name on it. So, it all works out.

#338 Posted by ballzdeep (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Please no one hate me for this, but TDKR SUCKED A**!!!!! Worst movie ever.

#339 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Returns > Nolan's Trilogy

YOU KNOW DEEP DOWN THAT IT'S TRUE.

#340 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@ballzdeep said:

Please no one hate me for this, but TDKR SUCKED A**!!!!! Worst movie ever.

Get out and never come back! -.-

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

No way, bro. Hathaway>>> Michelle P. :P

#341 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15:

P-Lease.

Michelle > Hathaway > Hardy > Eckhart

#342 Posted by Senno (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Hathaway was a brillian Catwoman. I wanted to take her home.

#343 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Senno said:

Hathaway was a brillian Catwoman. I wanted to take her home.

Completely agree. :}

#344 Posted by WeWatchedAMovie (39 posts) - - Show Bio

BEST BATMAN EVER! IMO. Plus the beginning of this vid is pretty funny.

#345 Posted by JShiv (15 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie was incredibly great

#346 Posted by Reignmaker (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Sorry, but that was a Tim Burton movie not a Batman movie.

#347 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Closer to Batman than Nolanman

#348 Posted by Reignmaker (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

If Danny Devito and Christopher Walken made it feel more like Batman to you...well, I don't know what to say to that.

#349 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

If Danny Devito and Christopher Walken made it feel more like Batman to you...well, I don't know what to say to that.

Whatever Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon Levitt.

You're one to talk.

#350 Posted by Reignmaker (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Reignmaker said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Whatever Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon Levitt.

You're one to talk.

Oh c'mon, you're going to rag on Anne? Anne Hathaway was an awesome Catwoman! She got stellar reviews across the board. I'll give you JGL, he wasn't a big deal to me...but at least he channelled the spirit of Robin in a way that didn't detract from the story.

Danny Devito and Christopher Walken were both freaks of Burton's world. They were also impossible to ignore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.