Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23646 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Official Batman Movies discussion thread (Spoilers!!)

tasha33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By tasha33333

Hey, has anyone been on http://www.pollthepeople.com ??

I'm an English Literature student working for this new website, which was recently launched to invite the public to vote for their Top 5 albums, films and books in an evolving poll to find the greatest of all time. The site was born out of frustration at the number of TV and press polls based on very little research or the opinions of a few journalists. This site aims to create a truly definitive global poll. More than 'another social networking site', after entering a Top 5, a user is matched to other similar selections, providing a powerful recommendation tool.

We have had over 4,200 people sign up and vote in the first month and we are already working on a TV show format and a “Poll The People top rated” retail sticker initiative. However, the early visitors to the site have been very pop biased therefore it's important to continue to reach out to potential users so that the poll becomes truly definitive - for example 5 Harry Potters are in the top 100 books!!

No Batman films feature in the top 100 films list, although you will find Batman Begins– below such gems as Mean Girls –sitting at 141.

It'd be great if people would submit their votes to help develop the authority of the poll...

There’s a poll for greatest books and the Batman comics are doing well, probably due to the new film release…

And please let me know what u think of the site and the current top 100!!

Thanks for reading, Tasha

My Top 5 Films are (don’t judge me!) :

1 Dirty Dancing

2 Amelie

3 Pretty Woman

4 The Lost Boys

5 Edward Scissorhands
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#152  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

First, English Lit is a terrible degree.
    Second, you're top 5 movies are all horrible choices.
    Third, spam artist

I'm getting retardidly sick of people making things up about Batman 3.... I wrote a blog about it, quoting some of these people... I then wrote down what is ACTUALLY happening, making sure to cite my source... Enjoy.

By the way... all the quotes come from a thread on facebook... I'm sick of THOSE people, not you guys... Although, I haven't read your posts yet.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Loved it. Batman himself seemed to be the weak link in the movie though, which is strange. And I didn't like how they portrayed Bruce Wayne. But other then that I really enjoyed it.

aloe vera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By aloe vera

I really dont think two-face is dead...well i hope not
    they're keeping his transformation from Gotham so they can still believe in good

so there might be a loop hole somewhere there
    and they just had a memorial for him so yeah

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    T.J. Magnum said:
    "hoping for the breakout of

caption
    caption
    "
    Zsasz was in Batman Begins
    Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By Constantine

I'm finally going to see the dark knight

aloe vera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By aloe vera
    Constantine said:
    "I'm finally going to see the dark knight
    "

yey :]
    Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Constantine

It freaking Rocked !!

BATMAN RULES!!

BriClops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By BriClops

uhm yea, i dont think two face died (hope not) an what happened to him will just help him hate batman more? plus it would be a good series to make robin, cause its darker and it could lead to making nightwing which would rock! but i would like to see mr. freeze in da next one cause arnold was a weird choice.  or someone like clayface or manbat, even tough there not from the begining of his stuff i would think man bat could look hella cool! an i don much like the penguin, i mean de'vito did exellent on that but all he gots is umbrellas. riddlers cool though. 

xXi0RIXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By xXi0RIXx

chick looked like a sad turtle
    Bwhahah

cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By cly

I liked it a lot!

Arkham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Arkham

In the script, it clearly states that Two-Face died. 

Sketchtor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Sketchtor

I for one, feel that if there were to be a third one, Two-Face should still be in it because the character can be further developed. We didn't get as much a sense of his mind fracturing, causing split personalities as I would've liked.

But other than that, IT WAS FREAKIN' GREAT!!!!!

Best movie I've seen since Donnie Darko.

Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#164  Edited By Kieran Marvel

Sketchtor said:

"I for one, feel that if there were to be a third one, Two-Face should still be in it because the character can be further developed. We didn't get as much a sense of his mind fracturing, causing split personalities as I would've liked.

But other than that, IT WAS FREAKIN' GREAT!!!!!

Best movie I've seen since Donnie Darko."

Not been to the cinema in a while then ???

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#165  Edited By Nighthunter

Caped Crusader..? Call him the "Cash Crusader"!

Warner Bros. The Dark Knight continued on it's record setting pace Friday evening, taking in another estimated $23 million dollars at the North America box office, easily out-earning this week's two new releases combined - Will Ferrell's latest, Step Brothers, and The X-Files: I Want to Believe.

According to boxofficeguru.com, the estimated Friday figure projects to a $72-75m weekend, and combined with a very healthy mid-week gross, would put Dark Knight's total earnings around an unprecedented $310-$315 million after only ten days, which will not only set a number of box office records, but make it the highest grossing film this year.

To put the business The Dark Knight is doing in perspective, the film will take in $300 million in ten days. The soon-to-be-second quickest film to the $300m mark was 2006's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which turned the trick in 16 days. And Dark Knight is doing all this without the benefit of a 4-day weekend and a relatively later summer release for a "blockbuster".

The list of records The Dark Knight has or will break is a mile long, but perhaps most noteworthy – 1.) the film will now undoubtedly and easily break the $400m barrier; 2.) it's not inconceivable it could reach $500 and/or become the second-biggest grosser ever behind Titanic; and 3.) even when adjusting ticket prices to account for inflation, Dark Knight should eventually out-earn Tim Burton's 1989 Batman, which at today's prices would have earned an approximate $420m.

For those who remember the pop culture phenomena that was the Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson blockbuster, and when considering there was no Internet, DVD players, or high-def home theater in '89, that The Dark Knight is drawing more people to movie theaters is an astonishing achievement.

Again, now that it's showing strong "legs", the only remaining question will be how high can The Dark Knight finally go?

On the genre front, the return of the X-Files in Fox's I Want To Believe was met with less-than enthusiastic response from moviegoers. The film earned an estimated $4 million on Friday, putting it on pace for $10-11 million for the weekend.

Sketchtor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Sketchtor

No.... I go to the cinema regularly. Nothing else since Donnie Darko has struck me as a movie of this calibre. I mean, Iron Man was reallly cool, but not a five star movie in my opinion. 

The Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By The Spartan

I think it would be interesting if Catwoman was introduced in the third movie.  Alfred and Bruce joked about Batman's armor withstanding cat scratches; and with the death of Rachel Dawes, Bruce's love life just became alot more free.

MermaidKasumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#168  Edited By MermaidKasumi

The movie was pure awsomeness pure and simple. So far my favorite movie of '08. The female lead though was really ugly it was a bit disturbing.

Sketchtor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Sketchtor
    Kieran Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#170  Edited By Kieran Marvel
    Sketchtor said:
    "No.... I go to the cinema regularly. Nothing else since Donnie Darko has struck me as a movie of this calibre. I mean, Iron Man was reallly cool, but not a five star movie in my opinion. "

Fair enough. I just think there have been movies in between Donnie Darko and The Dark Knight that have been incredible. The Dark Knight wouldn't even be my favourite film this year that would go to Cloverfield i think.
    Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Constantine

nice sketchor....real nice

Avatar image for iampatientzero22
    iampatientzero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are all only opinions and just wanted to hear other peoples thought and hopefuly enlighten me as I would love to love this movie!

Was anybody else dissapointed by the movie? I feel like it never grabbed me. The plot never climaxed. It went up a little then back down then up a little then down then up a little then down. It was like a kiddie rollercoaster of suspence. I guess thats what I'm trying to say, with a villian as insane as the joker (and two face doesn't count as a villian in this movie, what a waste of a role) the action scenes and others never had me on the edge of my seat.
    On top of that I thought the realism of the last movie was much more.... realistic? All the origins of batmants toys and how or what they would be used for was revealed and believable. Dark Knight had the sonar call phone thing, which made sense, but came out of nowhere! Fox explaignes to Bruce this little invention and out of nowhere at the end of the movie it is revealed that somehow Bruce Wayne, despite all that is going on with the joker and what not, has secretly been spending his downtime (when does batman have downtime?) building this massive supercomputer that secretly track all of the celphones in gotham and somehow installed sonar on them!!! This is the realism, or lack there of, that I am referring to.

And one last thing. Did it not irritate the hell out of people when Batman, not Bruce Wayne, talks? This movie has a lot more diologue and they should have spent a little more time on the voice acting if they wanted Batman to be giving all these speeches. I understand he needs to conceal his identity, but wouldn't it be easier to just wear a voice changing microphone or something? There was no way to take his close-ups seriously and I almost walked out towards the end when he was tellin the comissioner he could be whatever Gotham need him to be.

These are all only opinions and just wanted to hear other peoples thought and hopefuly enlighten me as I would love to love this movie!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

"These are all only opinions and just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts"

ummm...

_Obsidian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By _Obsidian_

I saw it...it didn't suck too bad.

Just kidding, it was extremely good! They better make a sequel^^

Avatar image for iampatientzero22
    iampatientzero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"uhhhhhmmmmmm..." thats pretty deep man, thanks for sharing.

Sketchtor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Sketchtor

Thanks Constantine. There were eight of us. Safety in numbers, cuz it isn't something I'd do alone. 

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Constantine

still just as good the second time you watch it =]

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Constantine
    Sketchtor said:
    "Thanks Constantine. There were eight of us. Safety in numbers, cuz it isn't something I'd do alone. "
    lol......I wouldn't do it alone
    Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Barry Flash

http://www.empireonline.com/images/trailer/breakdown/darkknight/7.jpg
    I loved this scene...i loved the whole Movie actually. Amazing.
    "Let her go"
    "Very poor choice of words!" Lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By 48

lol yh

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By G'bandit

hey guys check this out!! :D 

riddle me this riddle me that :P

producers are convinced that, "The role of The Riddler is perfect for Depp. And what better Penguin is there than Philip Seymour Hoffman?" a source said. This right on the rumor heels of Angelina Jolie as Catwoman!

"Unnamed sources" usually means that the following bit of news is just rumor mongering, but several insiders are saying that producers of the Bat-franchise have their sights set on Johnny Depp to take the role of Riddler in the next sequel. This from the UK's Telegraph...

Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker has set the bar high for Gotham City villains, but reports in the US say studio bosses have set their sights on Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.

"Producers are convinced that the role of The Riddler is perfect for Depp. Johnny's a pro. He'll be able to take direction and still make the character his own. And what better Penguin is there than Philip Seymour Hoffman?" a source said.

They could be joining Angelina Jolie - the actress is reported to be after the role of Catwoman.

The Riddler was played by Jim Carrey in 1995 film Batman Forever and Frank Gorshin in the Sixties television series. As for The Penguin, he was portrayed on the small screen by Burgess Meredith and in 1992 film Batman returns by Danny DeVito.

Plans for the sequel are yet to be announced but it is likely to star Christian Bale reprising his role as The Caped Crusader.

The Dark Knight has smashed box office records in the US, taking $314 million in just 10 days.

There is even talk of it challenging Titanic to become the biggest movie of all time. Titanic took $600 million in the US. The Dark Knight certainly looks set to reach second place in the all-time chart and beat Star Wars, which made $460 million.

I think Johnny would do great as riddler but jolie as catwoman im not so sure... and the dude for pinguin i have no idea who it is :P

Sol-Nar-Kadge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Sol-Nar-Kadge

David tennant would make a better Riddler

Avatar image for darkknightisthetits
    darkknightisthetits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not only was this an amazing superhero film its an amazing movie in its own right. It was fucking mind blowing just how good it was

one word...perfect

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By G'bandit

umm depp would be a great riddler, hoffman is a good actor he could adapt himself to the pinguin and jolie well i just found a pic that would convince me, so yea i would like it. here some pics i edited.. ecxept for jolie cause she looks beautiful here. by the way the lines in depp's mouth is cause of the riddler from the batman witch i like alot :P

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    TROOP69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By TROOP69
    i saw the older batman films and truly believed the riddler was under rated (even if jim carey camped him up.) and i truly believe that a kevin nolan reinvention would help this character along. but me personally i think shia labeouf would be perfect for the role. he's a fantasic comedy charater and i think he would have a great dark side to him. i hope someone see's this post or other ppl agree and maybe we could get the ball rolling to see if someone listens.
    riddle me this batman.
    riddle me this batman.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Nighthunter
    While continuing to set individual records and leading big-screen comic book adaptations to an historic milestone, The Dark Knight was finally deposed from atop the North America box office charts Friday. Universal's The Mummy 3: Curse of the Dragon Emperor was Friday's #1 film, grossing an estimated $15.3 million dollars in its opening frame. According to website boxofficeguru.com, this should put the film on pace for a respectable $39-40m opening weekend. The Dark Knight - which Thursday became the fastest film to reach the $350m mark (in 14 days, nine days quicker than the previous record holder Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest) - scored an estimated $12m on Friday, only a healthy 47% decline from its figure from last Friday. If its pace holds through the weekend it will add another $38-41m over the three-day period to run its cumulative total to approximately $390m, which would likely mean it will pass the $400m mark on Tuesday. That feat would be accomplished in 19 days, or 24 fewer than the 43 it took Shrek 2. The Dark Knight's $12 million dollar take also helped mark another box office milestone. According to figures on boxofficemojo.com, sometime on Friday, the combined box office might of the comic book-inspired The Dark Knight, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Wanted, and Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, eclipsed the $1 billion dollar mark for 2008, standing roughly at $1.01 billion.
    Electron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Electron

Oh no, first Heath Ledger and now Morgan Freeman? I heard yesterday that he was in a major car accident leaving him in serious condition, breaking his arm and elbow. First the Joker's actor got killed off and now Lucius Fox?(He isnt going to die F.Y.I.) We should all pray and hope that he will recover quickly, he is a great actor, a good person, and he's in batman... those are the reasons why we should.(lol, even though this is a serious situation.) I just read that he is expected to make a full recovery, although he needs minor surgery. Here is a news link: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5huNBePZxmmEUrE-boTBFJ5c5yzQwD92C6OR80

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Nighthunter
    he Dark Knight officially broke the $400 million dollar mark (in domestic box office revenue) on Monday, according to a report by the Associated Press. Warner Bros. tells the AP the film has grossed $400.03 million dollars per close of business Monday, eclipsing the mark in a record 18 days, a full 25 days quicker than the previous record-holder, 2004's Shrek 2, which took 43 days to turn the feat.

As previously reported , the film is now nearly guaranteed to become only the second film in history to reach the $500 million mark and as a result become the second-highest grossing film of all time, behind James Cameron's Titanic.

The Dark Knight now stands at #8 on the all-time box-office chart, and will move up to the 7th position after Tuesday, passing the $403.7 million gross of 2002's Spider-Man to also become the top-grossing comic-book adaptation ever.

And even when adjusting historic box offices grosses for inflation, The Dark Knight's 'Returns' are impressive. According to figures found at boxofficemojo.com, it will likely wind up the highest-grossing film of this decade (Shrek 2 made $441m in '04, or $503m in adjusted grosses), and the second highest grossing film in the last 14 years, behind only 1999's Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, which made $431m that year, or $601m in today's dollars.

Avatar image for spider_pantrelli
    Spider-Pantrelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Electron said:
    "Oh no, first Heath Ledger and now Morgan Freeman? I heard yesterday that he was in a major car accident leaving him in serious condition, breaking his arm and elbow. First the Joker's actor got killed off and now Lucius Fox?(He isnt going to die F.Y.I.) We should all pray and hope that he will recover quickly, he is a great actor, a good person, and he's in batman... those are the reasons why we should.(lol, even though this is a serious situation.) I just read that he is expected to make a full recovery, although he needs minor surgery. Here is a news link: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5huNBePZxmmEUrE-boTBFJ5c5yzQwD92C6OR80"
    Morgan Freeman's out of hospital now! :D
    Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Constantine

XD

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Nighthunter

The Dark Knight has done it again. For the second straight weekend, despite trailing a new release for total North America box office receipts on Friday, the Warner Bros. smash made a Saturday-Sunday comeback to lead the domestic box office charts for the fourth consecutive weekend.

According to figures reported by boxofficemojo.com, the film tallied an estimated $26 million dollars for the 3-day frame, just 39% below its total last weekend in a continuing show of strong legs and a possible indicator it could eventually break the $500m mark by a healthy margin. Its cumulative total now stands at an estimated $442m, good for #3 on the all-time box office chart. Ironically enough (more on why below), the film will likely pass Star Wars to become the second-highest grossing film ever by the end of next weekend.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Shaper

The Joker was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Nighthunter

LOS ANGELES (AP) - It took four of Hollywood's biggest stars to take down Batman. The DreamWorks-Paramount comedy "Tropic Thunder" — with Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr., Jack Black and Tom Cruise — debuted at No. 1 with $26 million, bumping "The Dark Knight" to second place after four weekends on top, according to studio estimates Sunday.

The Warner Bros. Batman flick pulled in $16.8 million to raise its total to $471.5 million. "The Dark Knight" passed the original "Star Wars" ($461 million) and now stands as No. 2 on the all-time domestic charts, behind only "Titanic" ($600.8 million).

Taking inflation into account, "The Dark Knight" trails both movies in actual tickets sold, however. "The Dark Knight" would need to gross about $900 million to match the number of admissions for "Titanic" and about $1.2 billion to equal "Star Wars."

Warner Bros. expects "The Dark Knight" to top out at about $530 million domestically, said Dan Fellman, the studio's head of distribution.

"The Dark Knight" managed to fend off another "Star Wars" movie this weekend. The animated tale "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," also released by Warner Bros., opened at No. 3 with $15.5 million.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Nighthunter

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Batman's rich alter-ego Bruce Wayne has added half a billion dollars to his riches. "The Dark Knight" on Sunday became the second movie in Hollywood history to top $500 million at the domestic box office, raising its total to $502.4 million, according to estimates from distributor Warner Bros.

The film hit that mark in just over six weeks, half the time it took "Titanic," which reached $500 million in a little more than three months. "Titanic," the biggest modern blockbuster, remains No. 1 on the domestic charts with $600.8 million.

Despite its brisk pace, "The Dark Knight" is not expected to approach the total for "Titanic," which put up smaller numbers week after week but lingered at the top of the box office for months.

Dan Fellman, head of distribution at Warner Bros., said he expects "The Dark Knight" to finish at about $530 million, though it could reach $550 million if business persists as strongly as it has.

"I keep raising the number because it just keeps holding better than expected," Fellman said.

"The Dark Knight" will climb to about $505 million by Labor Day, the conclusion of Hollywood's busy summer season. That amounts to nearly one-eighth of Hollywood's overall summer revenue of $4.2 billion, which edges the previous summer record of $4.18 billion set last year, according to box-office tracker Media By Numbers.

Factoring in today's higher admission prices, "The Dark Knight" would need to take in about $900 million to match the number of tickets sold by "Titanic."

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#195  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Just watched it for the 2nd time, on IMAX, I highly recommend seeing it on IMAX if you have the opportunity, its that much more amazing. Seeing a semi truck flip over itself on a 2 story screen coming right at you is awe inspiring.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Nighthunter
    UK, September 11, 2008 - Warner Bros. are planning to re-release The Dark Knight in January to bring the movie to the attention of Academy Award voters.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. chief exec Dan Fellman is in talks with IMAX -- it's not clear whether the film will also get a regular theatrical re-release -- as it bids to nab Oscar nominations.

Heath Ledger's bravura performance as The Joker and Chris Nolan's direction has already been talked up as award-worthy by critics.
    never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By never give up

Scarecrow was not in it.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Sol-Nar-Kadge said:
    "David tennant would make a better Riddler
    "
    Tennant IS the Riddler.
    I hope the Nolans decide to do a third film.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
    deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Maybe this has already been addressed, not sure, but does anyone else think its odd that Batman wired all the cell phones in the entire city to his mask so he could see, but he couldn't even stop his bat-cycle without crashing it?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    The Time Keeper said:
    "Maybe this has already been addressed, not sure, but does anyone else think its odd that Batman wired all the cell phones in the entire city to his mask so he could see, but he couldn't even stop his bat-cycle without crashing it?"
    Prelude to Brother Eye perhaps?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.