Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23504 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Official Batman Movies discussion thread (Spoilers!!)

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By pixelized
    OMG THIS MOVIE WAS SOOO AMAZING, I'M SO GLAD I SAW IT...I LOVE HEATH LEDGER...OMG OMG OMG OMG

Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
    ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By ronin alexsnder
    Nobody said:
    "Just saw the movie and OMG! Joker is the best villain to appear in a comic book based movie so far. The movie has a whole was pretty good, but Joker just...wow. I still can't get over one of first scenes....

Spoilers!

The one where he does the Magic Trick with the pencil and them BAM!
    "
    yes the magic trick was amazing i couldnt help but laugh
    laizeohbeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By laizeohbeets

I thought it was aMAYzing. Personally, I liked Eckhart's performance better than Ledger, but that's because I already knew Heath would do a good job. (Been a fan since 10 Things I Hate About You, and yes, I was raised as a teenybopper fangirl) I thought he did a good job as a mix of anarchistic Hamlet, Killing Joke Joker (minus the backstory), and total CHAOS. Loved him. Totally ironic that a guy known for his huge smile (Heath, not Joker) spent most of the time... not smiling. It was amazing.

I LOVED HARVEY DENT, though. I've never been a big Two-Face fan (Joker, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy fan), but Aaron Eckhart really humanized him. It was great.

Spoiler:

The bit with the bodybag? Yeah, let's just say my heart stopped for a little right there.

Avatar image for knightlyvengence
    KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ronin alexsnder said:
    "Nobody said:
    "Just saw the movie and OMG! Joker is the best villain to appear in a comic book based movie so far. The movie has a whole was pretty good, but Joker just...wow. I still can't get over one of first scenes....

Spoilers!

"
    "
    See that's the creepy thing about Ledger's joker. The things he does are so horrific and yet I had to try really hard to hold in my laughter. He has a very charismatic sense of humor yet at the same time makes you feel guilty for laughing.
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By DEADPOOL

I now hate Heath Ledger. How could he die?!

MetalDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By MetalDevil

The movie was amazing! But, did they have Barbra Gordan as Jim Gordan's wife instead of his daughter, or niece?

Rdeegvainl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Rdeegvainl
    KnightlyVengence said:
    "ronin alexsnder said:
    "Nobody said:

Spoilers!

"
    "
    See that's the creepy thing about Ledger's joker. The things he does are so horrific and yet I had to try really hard to hold in my laughter. He has a very charismatic sense of humor yet at the same time makes you feel guilty for laughing.
    "
    I've gotten over feeling bad about laughing at horrible things. Especially when they are movies.
    MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By MotorSteel

Who do you think would replace the Joker if they wanted to make a sequel?

KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetalDevil said:
    "The movie was amazing! But, did they have Barbra Gordan as Jim Gordan's wife instead of his daughter, or niece?
    "
    James Gordon was not very original with naming his kids... boy was Jimmy (named after his Dad) and I'm pretty sure that there are some discrepancies over Babs relationship with the Commish... anyway, Jim Gordon's wife was also named Barbara...

I know that was a round about way to say it...
    MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By MotorSteel

OH one more thing. You know what really bugged me about this movie? The lack of Batarangs. I mean, he's Batman. Batman = Gadgets. Gadgets = BATARANGS.

I don't think I saw 1 in the entire movie. Oh well, the movie was phenomenal.

KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MotorSteel said:
    "OH one more thing. You know what really bugged me about this movie? The lack of Batarangs. I mean, he's Batman. Batman = Gadgets. Gadgets = BATARANGS.

"
    I saw him putting them away once... does that count?
    Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Saw it and loved it

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By shenron

Who should be in the next batman movie as a enemy

shenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By shenron

who willl be in the next batman movie as enemy's

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By Virago
    crosses fingers for penguin
    MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By MotorSteel
    KnightlyVengence said:
    "MotorSteel said:
    "OH one more thing. You know what really bugged me about this movie? The lack of Batarangs. I mean, he's Batman. Batman = Gadgets. Gadgets = BATARANGS.

"
    I saw him putting them away once... does that count?
    "
    Haha i saw that too. But he never used them. I guess he didn't need them.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#117  Edited By The_Martian
    shenron said:
    "who willl be in the next batman movie as enemy's
    "
    I hope its somene we haven't seen. Maybe Killer Croc or Clayface. I'm kind of doubting Clayface due to Sandman being in spidey and they would be similar.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#118  Edited By Nighthunter

I just came back from seeing this movie. I had been hyped about it from the start but never thought it would have this level of quality, I have a few opinions of the movie that I would like to share.

1. Health Ledger´s take on the Joker has been the greatest I´ve seen on the character, as a matter of fact he turned one of the best known and popular villains and that has the reputation of being  a character so complex and strange like the Joker and turned him into the best villain I´ve seen in a comic book movie. This take on the Joker made him funny, creepy, intelligent, a manipulative bastard, the man that can put an entire city to it´s knees with a few attacks, in other words how Joker should always be written.
    2. I´ve seen most if not all of the comic/superhero movies. This year saw one of the best movies in the genre with amazing movies like Ironman, Incredible Hulk, Wanted, Hellboy II and Hancock. I loved all of those movies but the Dark Knight is the best one I´ve seen, the living prove that a comic movie can have alot of stories and characters going on and yet can put them all together creating an amazing movie ( Spider-man 3 could learn a few things)
    3. The casting of this movie were perfect, every single actor acted like their comic counterparts, yet bring their own thing to make this a great experience.
    4. The Dark Knight is in my opinion the best comic movie done to date without any real competition, not only that but is the best movie I´ve seen in this year
    I give it 10 out of 10,  The Dark Knight blew me away

The dawn is comming...
    The dawn is comming...

I believed...
    I believed...

The war of terror has begun
    The war of terror has begun

The best and the worst that Gotham has to offer
    The best and the worst that Gotham has to offer

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By T.J. Magnum

Health Ledger was a perfect joker.

the movie was what i thought it was gong to be....kick@ss lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I have'nt seen the movie.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Nighthunter

Update 7/19 11:20am - A Warner Bros. executive tells the Associated Press The Dark Knight has set a single-day box office record by taking in $66.4 million on Friday.

According to Variety , The Dark Knight saw a one-day box office of somewhere between $60 and $63 million, a total which includes $18.5 million from midnight shows alone. The total gives Warner Bros. Batman movie the best box office single-day opening ever, besting Spider-Man 3, which saw $59.8 million on its opening Friday last year.

For a little context, 2005’s Batman Begins brought in $15 million on its opening day and a total of $48.7 million during its first three days in theaters in 2005. The Dark Knight, which has seen unprecedented publicity and hype over the course of the last three months, opened on a record-setting 4,366 screens nationwide.

As for the full weekend, Batman once again has his sights set for Spider-Man, with the trade predicting that the film could take the top non-holiday weekend opening crown from Spider-Man 3 is business stays as strong as expected. Spider-Man 3’s opening weekend: $151.1 million.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122  Edited By Sparda

Watched it about a hour ago. Blew me away.

Movie totally rules, and I feel so bad that we lost the amazing talent of Ledger.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Virago
    T.J. Magnum said:
    "Health Ledger was a perfect joker.

the movie was what i thought it was gong to be....kick@ss lol"
    I knew you'd see it.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#124  Edited By The_Martian
    Nighthunter said:
    "

Update 7/19 11:20am - A Warner Bros. executive tells the Associated Press The Dark Knight has set a single-day box office record by taking in $66.4 million on Friday.

According to Variety , The Dark Knight saw a one-day box office of somewhere between $60 and $63 million, a total which includes $18.5 million from midnight shows alone. The total gives Warner Bros. Batman movie the best box office single-day opening ever, besting Spider-Man 3, which saw $59.8 million on its opening Friday last year.

For a little context, 2005’s Batman Begins brought in $15 million on its opening day and a total of $48.7 million during its first three days in theaters in 2005. The Dark Knight, which has seen unprecedented publicity and hype over the course of the last three months, opened on a record-setting 4,366 screens nationwide.

As for the full weekend, Batman once again has his sights set for Spider-Man, with the trade predicting that the film could take the top non-holiday weekend opening crown from Spider-Man 3 is business stays as strong as expected. Spider-Man 3’s opening weekend: $151.1 million.

"
    To be fair though, this was going to happen just cause its Ledger's last movie, not that he didn't do an amazing job.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By danhimself

i was so sketchy about heath ledger playing the joker...i didn't think he could pull it off...but after seeing this movie i'm really disappointed that he won't be around to play him again if he were still alive i would have no problem with them just making more batman vs. joker movies from here out....no one could possibly make a better villain then ledger's portrayal as the joker...when he was walking out of the hospital after blowing it up wearing his nurses outfit i just geeked...even when he was being absolutely terrifying i couldn't help but laugh...I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!

Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Punchinello

I saw the film on the 16th, and I'm going to go see it again later this week. It was truly epic. =)

Heath's a legend. RIP.

Dark Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Dark Ninja

Movie was the BEST

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Nighthunter

Update 7/20 11:45am - Warner Bros. tells the AP The Dark Knight will gross an estimated $155.34m in domestic box office receipts this weekend, a new record figure that will best Spider-Man 3's then record take of $151.1m last year. While this means The Dark Knight likely didn't beat Spider-Man 3's other record, best Saturday gross ever at $51.3m, it does mean its only a matter of time before Dark Knight claims the 2008 box office crown and the question will be how high will its totals go and how 'front-loaded' its grosses will be?

The factors working forThe Dark Knight having strong legs in the coming weeks:

- The media frenzy surrounding the film (aided in part by Heath Ledger's performance) is helping it cross over to a mainstream pop culture event, which may draw moviegoers who only rarely venture out to the multiplex or might not normally be inclined towards superhero/action-adventure fare.

- A universally glowing critical and word-of mouth-factor that studio executives can only dream about.

- A complex film with a relatively long running time will probably enjoy brisk repeat business by the hardcore fan base.

And against:

Perhaps the one factor not in The Dark Knight's favor is that as well documented, the film may not be friendly to younger pre-teen audiences.

Look for much more on this record-settting box office weekend over the next couple of days here at Newsarama...

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Queen Kong

TDK=Overrated.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#130  Edited By zero edge

Best comic movie EVER. It's set the standard. It sucks now thinking about Ledger because he can't ever come back to this role that he played so damn well

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Nighthunter
    Queen Kong said:
    "TDK=Overrated."
    hater :P
    Uchiha NeVann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Uchiha NeVann

it was a great movie alittle long but sit great, Heath will be immortalized not because of it being one of his last movies but for the awesome job he did with the Joker hell he even got the laugh down.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Virago

Alright, don't make fun of me for asking this:

Who is Barbara Gordon's older brother? You know, the blond kid Harvey threatens to kill. I totally didn't know Gordon had a son. 
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Nighthunter
    Virago said:
    "Alright, don't make fun of me for asking this:
    Who is Barbara Gordon's older brother? You know, the blond kid Harvey threatens to kill. I totally didn't know Gordon had a son. 
    "

if my memory doesn´t fail-Jimmy Gordon
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Methos
    RECAST: MILEY CYRUS IS THE NEW JOKER
    RECAST: MILEY CYRUS IS THE NEW JOKER
    Fake... for now...
    ok... i'm bored lol

M

Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Queen Kong
    Nighthunter said:
    "Queen Kong said:
    "TDK=Overrated."
    hater :P
    "
    It was a great hero movie.Possibly the best ever...I think it can be topped though.I can't wait for the next Batman.I see where this movie is going a little bit..the next one should be perfect.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Methos said:
    Fake... for now...
    ok... i'm bored lol

M

"

*steals the riddler pic* :P
    Jesse James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Jesse James

k does anyone else think that william fitchner was playing the character that will later become the penguin in the next batman movie

aloe vera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By aloe vera

Jesse James said:

"k does anyone else think that william fitchner was playing the character that will later become the penguin in the next batman movie"

You know that never crossed my mind but maybe because William looks nothing like the penguin. I picture a point nosed actor playing his role but hey now-a-days then can cast anyone!

but if you ask me David Dastmalchian looks more penguinishh haha
    hes the guy that played a psyzophrenic victim and Harvey Dent held a gun to

KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nighthunter said:
    "Virago said:
    "Alright, don't make fun of me for asking this:
    "

if my memory doesn´t fail-Jimmy Gordon"
    Younger brother. Barbara is older.
    Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Virago

Ahhhh, thank you. So... There's husband and wife Barbara and James Gordon with kids Barbara and James Gordon... That's original.

Did Jimmy do anything notable?
    KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Virago said:
    "Ahhhh, thank you. So... There's husband and wife Barbara and James Gordon with kids Barbara and James Gordon... That's original.
    Did Jimmy do anything notable?
    "
    Yeah it amuses me too.

I think that when Barb and the Commish divorced, she took Jimmy and Babs opted to stay with good old Dad. But I could be wrong. So anyway he basically just faded away...
    Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Virago

Ah, that explains it. Too bad he didn't become like... riddler... how'd that be for a plot twist?

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By T.J. Magnum

hoping for the breakout of

caption
    caption
    Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Virago

YES!!!!! omg, that guy is craaaaaazy. His deppiction in NML was.... horrifying. In a good way.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By T.J. Magnum

as much as i love two face,joker and bane

but i think it's time to give the other guys a shot like Zsasz

Jesse James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Jesse James

well i figured that he was to big an actor to be playing an extra, i coulda sworn he looked fat when the joker knocked him down and he could later get a facial dissformity the movies don't have a problem tweaking the story a bit and it seems to work

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Virago
    Jesse James said:
    "well i figured that he was to big an actor to be playing an extra, i coulda sworn he looked fat when the joker knocked him down and he could later get a facial dissformity the movies don't have a problem tweaking the story a bit and it seems to work"
    ...you mean two-face? Where are you coming from, Jesse?
    phage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By phage

i dont think they should have killed off twoface just because the fact that u kno there won't be a Robin  in none of the movies, and if they do put him in a movie it will mess up the storyline because twoface was the one 2 kill Robins family

Whoareyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Whoareyou
    phage said:
    "i dont think they should  have killed off twoface just because the fact that u kno there won't be a Robin  in none of the movies, and if they do put him in a movie it will mess up the storyline because twoface was the one 2 kill Robins family
    "
    This is what i wanna know, is he really dead (two-face)? Because i thought the scarecrow was dead when he got tazzed in the face, but i guess not. So they might of just had the funeral for Harvey and two face might be in jail.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.