Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23504 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Official Batman Movies discussion thread (Spoilers!!)

Crocbait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Crocbait

i enjoyed the knightfall team up too. wasnt there a rocket launcher involved at some point as well? ..or am i making things up? my bad :p lol 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I'm actually not going to see this movie...

Joker freaks me out.

laizeohbeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By laizeohbeets

Man, I gotta agree with everyone who likes the Begins suit better, but apparently, the TDK suit is easier to move around in? It looks too much like an inner shell, though. I think they should compromise and do the Begins suit with the Dark Knight articulation.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Resonate

Drifter I will force you to see this movie

if not, you die

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Nighthunter

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The buzz over Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker in ''The Dark Knight'' for the last several months was justified. With his final full film role, Ledger delivers what may be remembered as the finest performance of his career.

A press screening of the ''Batman Begins'' sequel Thursday night had the audience cackling along with Ledger's Joker, a depraved creature utterly without conscience whom the late actor played with gleeful anarchy.

At times sounding like a cross between tough guy James Cagney in a gangster flick and Philip Seymour Hoffman's fastidious Truman Capote, Ledger elevates Batman's No. 1 nemesis to a place even Jack Nicholson did not take him in 1989's ''Batman.''

Nicholson's Joker was campy and clever. Ledger's Joker is an all-out terror, definitely funny but with a lunatic moral mission to drag all of Gotham, the city Batman thanklessly protects, down to his own dim assessment of humanity.

Spewing alternate personal histories for how he got the horrible scars on his face, the Joker hides behind distorted clown makeup that looks like a chalk drawing left out in the rain.

The Joker masterminds a series of escalating abductions, assassination attempts, murders and bombings, all aimed at calling out Batman (Christian Bale) and proving to the tormented vigilante hero that they are two sides of the same coin.

''You complete me,'' the Joker tells Batman, dementedly borrowing Tom Cruise's sappy romantic line from ''Jerry Maguire.''

Long before Ledger's death in January from an accidental prescription drug overdose, his collaborators on ''The Dark Knight'' had been describing his performance as a new high in the art of villainy for a comic-book adaptation.

Director Christopher Nolan, reuniting with ''Batman Begins'' star Bale, told The Associated Press earlier this year that Ledger came through with precisely what he had envisioned for this take on the Joker, ''a young, anarchic presence, somebody who is genuinely threatening to the establishment.''

''It was though they'd taken the Joker and all the colors, everything of it, and just kind of put him through a Turkish prison for a decade or so,'' Bale told the AP. ''It's like he's gone through that personal hell to come out being this, if you can even call him mad, at the end here.''

A best-actor Academy Award nominee for ''Brokeback Mountain,'' Ledger has earned fresh Oscar buzz for ''The Dark Knight,'' which could land him in the supporting-actor race.

Running just over two and a half hours, ''The Dark Knight'' is a true crime epic. Throughout, the Joker's bag of tricks is bottomless, twisted to the point of horror-flick sick.

''Some men aren't looking for anything logical,'' Michael Caine's butler Alfred tells Bruce, who's trying to decipher the Joker's motives. ''Some men just want to watch the world burn.''

Come July 18, when ''The Dark Knight'' lands in theaters, the world will be watching Ledger burn up the screen.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Resonate

4 days before my birthday...woooooo

laizeohbeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By laizeohbeets

Guh, that review makes me want to see it even more. Is it July 18 yet?

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By G'bandit

BATMAN SPANKING SPIDER A$$ lol :p

According to Fandango competitor MovieTickets.com, The Dark Knight has sold eight times more advance tickets than Spider-Man 3 did at the same point in time--21 days from the film's official release. Spider-Man 3 is the No. 10 film on MovieTickets.com's Top-10 Performing Films of All-Time.

laizeohbeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By laizeohbeets

You have no idea how much that excites me. Seriously.

The Time Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The Time Lord

this movies gonna be kick @$$

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Resonate said:
    "Drifter I will force you to see this movie

if not, you die"
    Ok?

Seriously, Joker in this movie freaks me out man.

I don't see anyway I'm going.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By G'bandit
    G'bandit news: SPOILERS FOR TDK 3

hi and welcome everybody to G'bandit news...

this in just now new news about the dark knight some good other bad... SPOILERS!!!!!

While conducting interviews with the cast of The Dark Knight this afternoon, I got a chance to chat with director Christopher Nolan and Gary Oldman about the proposed third segment of their supposed Batman trilogy... When asked if he thought they should recast Ledger for the third film, or just not include the character, Gary thought it was a good idea...

Oldman then took a moment to think about it some more, "Maybe we don't need the Joker. Because we'll have The Riddler." Yes, Oldman alluded to the fact that The Riddler may in fact be the next on-screen Batman villain.

GB: will this mean dick is comming in the next movie as well??? hum? makes you wonder...."

What of Two-Face you say? Maybe Harvey IS the central villain in the next film, but that doesn't mean they won't set up The Riddler as the headliner for a 4th film by giving him a part in the 3rd. Sounds logical.

Next, I asked Christopher Nolan if he wanted to come back for a third Batman film, and he said that he wasn't sure that he wanted to come back, "I don't know. I take my projects one at a time, and I am not thinking about that right now. I don't know if I want to come back."

No Chris NO!!! Let's just hope this is typical Hollywood game playing in an attempt to get more money. Give him whatever he wants Warner Bros!

that's all for today in GB news join us next time when we will try to figure where batgirl hid her banana im G'bandit..good day..... lmao!!!!!!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Nighthunter

Newsarama article

The Dark Knight
    is an intense, thrilling, smart and amazing film that truly vies for the crown of the greatest movie ever made from a comic book.

Yes, it’s that good.

Weaving a plot of complexity and depth that pits well-drawn characters against each other in a battle of anarchy against order, sanity against insanity and life against death, The Dark Knight excels on nearly every level and delivers that most rare of movie gems — a spectacle that succeeds in challenging its genre and its audience, creating an experience that will completely satisfy and thrill filmgoers of all types.

Even scratching the surface of the many ways in which this film pleases, surprises, shocks and thrills would take more time and be inferior to watching the film itself, which even at 2½ hours only rarely compels criticism of overstaying its welcome or of venturing into territory that could be cut. But in a film that excels on almost every level, there are three things that stand out in The Dark Knight.

First, is the incredible performance of Heath Ledger, whose Joker is pure anarchy and amoral menace. Neither director Christopher Nolan nor Ledger flinches from taking the Joker’s murderous anarchy to its logical and terrifying conclusion, delivering a unique and frighteningly intense screen villain that is simply impossible to take your eyes off or stop thinking about after the credits have rolled. Ledger is completely convincing and so submerged in the role that there’s not event a whiff of the vanity that crept into Jack Nicholson’s turn in 1989’s Batman. Rumors of an Oscar nomination for Ledger, who died at age 28 in January after completing the role, may be premature but are not unfounded.

Second is the intensity of the film, which is amplified by several sequences shot in with large-format IMAX film and a dedication to practical stunt work over CG imagery. The film has many moving parts, with a large cast of characters that each has hard and costly choices to make. But they all, amazing flow into one another seamlessly, each building on the last to create a world so complete and threats so ingenious and realistic that it’s impossible to not be riveted by them.

The action sequences in particular are amazing to watch, weaving inventive writing with top-notch staging and execution that features none of the softness that CGI-orchestrated chase scenes and explosions still are prone to. This is a film as serious, realistic and as intense as The French Connection, Heat, and The Bourne Supremacy — if you replaced Batman with Popeye Doyle or Jason Bourne and took the paint and purple suit off the Joker but changed nothing else, you’d still have an amazing action thriller.

And lastly is the emotional core of the story. From Christian Bale’s Batman facing a direct challenge to break his own code against killing in order to save the people and city he loves, to Rachel Dawes’ choice between the outlaw crusader Bruce Wayne and the law-abiding Harvey Dent, to the unexpectedly dominant story of Dent’s heroic rise and tragic fall. Dent’s presence, long known to be in the film, will surprise fans alike by going so much further into his story than any pre-release publicity has revealed.

And that’s just the start. The Dark Knight is in every sense of the term an epic story. Every story satisfies and every set up pays off. You feel from the start that this is a character and world in the hands of a master storyteller, guiding even the most minor detail in building this epic story from the ground up.

Whether The Dark Knight goes down in film history as a masterpiece is a matter to be decided for the future. For now, fans and non-fans will be more than happy to queue up to experience as deep and satisfying thrill as the movies have delivered in a long time.

Avatar image for knightlyvengence
    KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By KnightlyVengence
    Nighthunter said:
    "

Newsarama article

The Dark Knight
    is an intense, thrilling, smart and amazing film that truly vies for the crown of the greatest movie ever made from a comic book.

Yes, it’s that good.

Weaving a plot of complexity and depth that pits well-drawn characters against each other in a battle of anarchy against order, sanity against insanity and life against death, The Dark Knight excels on nearly every level and delivers that most rare of movie gems — a spectacle that succeeds in challenging its genre and its audience, creating an experience that will completely satisfy and thrill filmgoers of all types.

Even scratching the surface of the many ways in which this film pleases, surprises, shocks and thrills would take more time and be inferior to watching the film itself, which even at 2½ hours only rarely compels criticism of overstaying its welcome or of venturing into territory that could be cut. But in a film that excels on almost every level, there are three things that stand out in The Dark Knight.

First, is the incredible performance of Heath Ledger, whose Joker is pure anarchy and amoral menace. Neither director Christopher Nolan nor Ledger flinches from taking the Joker’s murderous anarchy to its logical and terrifying conclusion, delivering a unique and frighteningly intense screen villain that is simply impossible to take your eyes off or stop thinking about after the credits have rolled. Ledger is completely convincing and so submerged in the role that there’s not event a whiff of the vanity that crept into Jack Nicholson’s turn in 1989’s Batman. Rumors of an Oscar nomination for Ledger, who died at age 28 in January after completing the role, may be premature but are not unfounded.

Second is the intensity of the film, which is amplified by several sequences shot in with large-format IMAX film and a dedication to practical stunt work over CG imagery. The film has many moving parts, with a large cast of characters that each has hard and costly choices to make. But they all, amazing flow into one another seamlessly, each building on the last to create a world so complete and threats so ingenious and realistic that it’s impossible to not be riveted by them.

The action sequences in particular are amazing to watch, weaving inventive writing with top-notch staging and execution that features none of the softness that CGI-orchestrated chase scenes and explosions still are prone to. This is a film as serious, realistic and as intense as The French Connection, Heat, and The Bourne Supremacy — if you replaced Batman with Popeye Doyle or Jason Bourne and took the paint and purple suit off the Joker but changed nothing else, you’d still have an amazing action thriller.

And lastly is the emotional core of the story. From Christian Bale’s Batman facing a direct challenge to break his own code against killing in order to save the people and city he loves, to Rachel Dawes’ choice between the outlaw crusader Bruce Wayne and the law-abiding Harvey Dent, to the unexpectedly dominant story of Dent’s heroic rise and tragic fall. Dent’s presence, long known to be in the film, will surprise fans alike by going so much further into his story than any pre-release publicity has revealed.

And that’s just the start. The Dark Knight is in every sense of the term an epic story. Every story satisfies and every set up pays off. You feel from the start that this is a character and world in the hands of a master storyteller, guiding even the most minor detail in building this epic story from the ground up.

Whether The Dark Knight goes down in film history as a masterpiece is a matter to be decided for the future. For now, fans and non-fans will be more than happy to queue up to experience as deep and satisfying thrill as the movies have delivered in a long time.

"
    ... I am speechless...        ...and excited...
    Crocbait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Crocbait

i dont want to get my hopes too high... i may put too much pressure on the film. hehehe... but i am very much excited for it.

nix_smoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By nix_smoke

the thing that excites me the most is the fact that batman(film) can now turn his head left and right rather than using his whole upper body to look at his left/right

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By warlock360

XD

_Obsidian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By _Obsidian_

That's obviously the most exciting thing about the movie, the main role being able to turn his head <.< lol

The Serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The Serpent

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20210206,00.html
    The Dark Knight': Tragedy and Triumph

caption
    caption

Heath Ledger isn't here. It's July 2007, in downtown Chicago, and the actor was originally scheduled to be shooting a scene in which he uses a pencil as a lethal weapon. But the sequence has been postponed, and Ledger has the day off. Instead, we're watching the cameras roll on a somewhat less riveting moment in The Dark Knight: Billionaire Bruce Wayne, exhausted from his late-night crime-fighting escapades, slumps into a chair and falls asleep in the middle of a business meeting. That's right, we're watching Batman take a nap.

No matter. Ledger is all over this set in another way — he's all that anyone working on the movie wants to talk about. Director Christopher Nolan calls Ledger's acting in the film ''fearless.'' Christian Bale, the Caped Crusader himself, says it's ''intense — a superb performance.'' And Morgan Freeman, who plays inventor Lucius Fox (his job in today's scene is to chat with Wayne after the Bat nap), chimes in with a simple ''extraordinary.'' Even before a single frame of the film has been seen, Ledger's twisted turn as the Joker — a part once played by no less an icon than Jack Nicholson — is already building buzz as a dazzling, demented tour de force.

Six months later, in January 2008, it will suddenly, shockingly, become much more.

With The Dark Knight, Nolan and Bale return to Gotham City for a second, even moodier and more savage installment of the superhero franchise they revamped in 2005 with Batman Begins. The movie delivers on its promise, pitting Batman against the freaky new fiend in psychotic cosmetics who robs banks and blows up hospitals for the sheer anarchic kick of it. Most of the familiar faces (and one new Two-Face) are on board, including wry butler Alfred (Michael Caine), stalwart police detective Gordon (Gary Oldman), and lawyer-slash-love interest Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal, taking over the role from Katie Holmes), as well as a new crusading district attorney named Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart). The Dark Knight has everything fans expect from the series: gizmos like a sleek new ''Bat Pod'' motorcycle, eye-popping stunts (most performed the old-fashioned way, with real stuntmen and real explosions), and, of course, the brooding Bale, arguably the best, certainly the most serious actor ever to growl under the cowl.

Still, when the film opens July 18, Ledger will be Topic A. His turn in The Dark Knight would have been widely talked about this summer even if the 28-year-old actor hadn't died of an accidental prescription-drug overdose last January. It might have even earned him another Oscar nomination (it still could, posthumously). Now the performance is shrouded in tragedy, though, and may well be Ledger's last cinematic testament (it's unclear what Terry Gilliam will, or can, do with the actor's unfinished footage from The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus). And that loads The Dark Knight with a poignancy its creators never anticipated. Certainly one they never desired. Along with the grief it caused friends and family, Ledger's death cast a shadow of uncertainty over the film. It had Warner Bros. reexamining its entire marketing plans for the movie, conducting taste tests on the appropriateness of Ledger's clown face on publicity stills and in trailers. Hardly the way the studio had hoped it would be launching its biggest summer thrill ride.

''The guy had serious nuts,'' Nolan says. ''What I needed was someone who wouldn't be afraid of the comparison with Jack Nicholson. And then I saw Heath's incredible performance in Brokeback Mountain. Such a lack of vanity. This was an actor who wasn't afraid to bury himself in his character — to a massive extent.''

The Joker's return, of course, had been foreshadowed in the final scene of Batman Begins, when Batman turns over a playing card to reveal the telltale mark — a jester — of Gotham's most notorious criminal mastermind. But what really stacked the deck in favor of a Joker-centered sequel was the $372 million Batman Begins raked in worldwide. With Bale contractually locked in for two more Bat movies, and Nolan on board for at least one more, the only thing needed was an actor to play the bad guy. There certainly wasn't a shortage of options. Robin Williams, Sean Penn, and even Mark Hamill were rumored to be on Nolan's short list (at least Hamill had practice, having voiced the Joker in various superhero cartoons). What nobody knew at the time, though, was just how short the director's list was. ''Heath was the only one on it,'' Nolan insists. ''I knew he was it from the start.''

Nolan was right: Ledger was fearless. The actor seemed to have no misgivings at all about trespassing on Jack's old turf. On the contrary, Ledger's feral take on the Joker makes Nicholson's more gentlemanly clown in Tim Burton's 1989 Batman look about as scary as Cesar Romero. Of course, at the time — the summer of 2006 — Ledger had reason to be confident. He'd just been nominated for his first Academy Award for Brokeback, which must have eased the sting of recent flops like The Order and Lords of Dogtown. A major role in a big studio franchise was the next logical step for Ledger's career. Especially a franchise that had been relaunched by the indie auteur behind Memento and had been retooled as a smart, edgy showcase with a layered, contemplative subtext not generally found in flicks about crime-fighting guys in tights.

Nolan and Ledger hit it off from the start. ''We had the same take on the character,'' the director says. ''We didn't have a script yet, but we had ideas. The idea of anarchy as an absolute. The idea of chaos as the most frightening thing to society. The idea of a motiveless criminal, somebody who just wants to watch the world burn.'' Some of those ideas were pretty radical for a summer tentpole with a reported budget of $180 million (before marketing costs). The Joker, for instance, is given no backstory in the film; he simply bursts into Gotham with the terrifying randomness of a drive-by killer. Even as Nolan started folding those ideas into an actual script (with his brother Jonathan and Batman Begins scribe David S. Goyer), Ledger was already slipping into the character's skin. He spent months working with a voice coach fine-tuning the Joker's cackling cadence. ''He tried to articulate to me what he was doing with his voice, but it was sometimes hard to understand,'' Nolan confesses. ''He talked about ventriloquist dummies, the way their mouths moved, the way their voices wouldn't appear to come out of them. He said he wanted the voice to have a mocking quality, a sort of disconnectedness.'' Ledger also gave plenty of thought to the makeup that would be splattered across his face throughout the film. ''He started applying the makeup himself — just to see what it would look like if he put it on with his own hands,'' Nolan says. ''We talked about how streaking the paint could get across the idea of corruption, of decay.''

As the cameras started rolling in April 2007, Ledger continued to dig into the Joker's coiled psyche. Gary Oldman, who's played a few nutjobs himself, recalls uncovering one of Ledger's inspirations while shooting a sequence in Gotham's jailhouse. ''It was the scene after we capture the Joker and he's in a holding pen, sitting with his back against the bars,'' Oldman says. ''And Heath is sort of looking at me, kind of under his brow, and then he just starts clapping. I remember going over to him between takes and saying, 'You know, you remind me of Alex from A Clockwork Orange.' And Heath said, 'Yeah, yeah, yeah. Funnily enough, I was just watching that movie in my trailer.'''

As serious a journey as Ledger took into the character, though, nobody recalls seeing the actor fall down any mental rabbit holes. Contrary to the speculation after his death, his work on The Dark Knight didn't appear to ruffle Ledger's psychological health in the slightest. ''Heath got the same kick out of acting that I do,'' Bale says. ''He enjoyed the sort of crazy immersion of acting. He took it incredibly seriously but simultaneously recognized how ridiculous it all is.'' Oldman got a similar impression. ''I know there are these rumors out there that playing the Joker drove him to his grave,'' he says. ''But I never saw anything of that. He was always on time. He knew his part backwards and forwards. I just thought he was a really sweet kid.''

There was one actor on the set of The Dark Knight who did get overly wrapped up in his role — it just didn't happen to be Ledger. ''I always make up my own backstories for my characters,'' says Michael Caine. ''Nobody cares but me, but I do it anyway. And my backstory for Alfred was that he was with the Special Infantry Service — sort of like the Navy SEALs — during World War II. But he got injured. So in order to stay in the service, he took a job in the officers' mess as a barman. And that's where [Bruce Wayne's dad] found him. That's why the accent I use for Alfred is that of an army sergeant. You see, you're not dealing with an ordinary butler here...''

That scene in The Dark Knight when Ledger impales a man's head with a pencil? The one that got postponed in Chicago last July? It's terrific in the finished film. Almost as good as the one in which the Joker flips an 18-wheeler truck during a high-speed chase with the Bat Pod. Or when he slips into a nurse's dress and shimmies down a Gotham City street, coolly setting off fireballs of explosions behind him with a remote-controlled detonator.

Last January, however, there was reason for Warner Bros. to be nervous. The media frenzy over Ledger's death was going full tilt, with every news network broadcasting footage of his corpse being loaded into the back of an ambulance. Filming on The Dark Knight had wrapped in November, but what if Ledger's performance needed voice looping or — worse — reshoots? And what about the marketing? How would the studio sell the movie when audiences now knew the tragic fate of its villain? ''We didn't want to do anything that would seem exploitative,'' says Jeff Robinov, president of Warner Bros. Pictures Group. (Exploitative includes talking to the press about Heath; virtually everyone interviewed in this story clearly would have preferred to discuss any other aspect of the film.) As for possible reshoots, Nolan says that wasn't a problem. ''I've never done any reshoots on anything,'' he says. ''I've never had to loop more than a couple of lines in any of my films.''

Ultimately, the studio decided to leave Ledger's face in the publicity stills and release the trailers that showcased his performance. It even went ahead with a Joker action figure, which looks more like a character out of The Nightmare Before Christmas than it does Ledger, but never mind. It's a testament to the actor's talent that when the lights go down in the theater, and The Dark Knight starts unspooling, it's shockingly easy to forget that he's gone. It's only later, walking to the parking lot, the reality sinks in again.

Perversely — or maybe predictably — the tragedy of Ledger's death may draw ticket buyers who aren't Batman fans but who want to pay the actor their last respects (or who just want to gawk at his ghost). In any case, advance ticket sales for The Dark Knight, as well as some gushing early reviews, suggest that the opening-weekend numbers are going to be huge. Some observers already predict that the movie could surpass Spider-Man to become the highest-grossing comic-book-based movie of all time. In an irony the Joker would appreciate, Heath Ledger's last film is about to be the biggest hit of his life.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By G'bandit

G'BANDIT NEWS:

welcome everyone to another G'bandit news im your host G'bandit... a Robin Hater in the Dark knight movie? well no other than the dark knight himself...

Says the Batman actor, "If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work."

That is what Christian Bale told entertainment content provider WENN. I'd have to agree with him. Let's keep batman working alone a little while longer. It all went to pot when they added Robin in the previous franchise. That is when things got corny and ambiguously gay.

caption
    caption
    the best batman is a robin hater.. he fits the character better than we thought.. he hates Dick grayson..

well that's all for today's G'bandit news im your host G'bandit... who finds this picture not funny.. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By The Serpent

E! True Hollywood Story: Heath Ledger (July 11, 2008)

at 9:00 PM

for in case anyone is interested.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By pixelized

has anyone posted the first 5 minutes of the movie in here?

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By G'bandit
    pixelized said:
    "has anyone posted the first 5 minutes of the movie in here?"

please dont post it.. is too much temptation i been away from the other page i go because they got 9 minutes of the movie... but i dont wanna spoil it.... i wanna see the whole thing :)
    laizeohbeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By laizeohbeets

I'm dying for this movie to come out. Thank God I have Hellboy to stave me over, but good LORD am I waiting on Dark Knight. I haven't been this excited since before the 2nd POTC came out.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By pixelized
    G'bandit said:
    "pixelized said:
    "has anyone posted the first 5 minutes of the movie in here?"

please dont post it.. is too much temptation i been away from the other page i go because they got 9 minutes of the movie... but i dont wanna spoil it.... i wanna see the whole thing :)"
    Oh mkay
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By G'bandit
    caption
    caption

are these the best G'badit news i have given?
    lol :p

ewwww lol :p

caption
    caption

caption
    caption

caption
    caption

caption
    caption

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By pixelized

I thought you said you wanted to be surprised

mkdeadpool2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mkdeadpool2

I reeeeaaaaaaally want to see this movie, and i like the new bat suit better,as someone said batman can actually turn his head in the movie, also bale likes the feel of the new one better, a lot of people quit the job because they hate the suit (in many different types of movies. And as you can see, the original series went downhill when the main actor (michael keaten) and director left. Losing one could harm the series, so if it is more comfortable, the better. Also i liked how batman begins tried to incorperate martial arts finally, but the costume made it difficult. With the ability to turn his head and a better costume for moving purposes, it can be incorporated better. Also the costume is a bit more realistic, a person would be much more likely to make that costume, than a full body leather suit in which they cant breath and move their head. Robin would be okay in the futre if he wasnt made so cheesy(i think the nipples hurt the series more than robin did) and he would have to switch to nightwing somehow by the end of the first movie he was in(nightwing cool robin not) I honestly think burton could have incorperated robin better than shumacher, nolan probaly could to. But bale refusing to come back if he is puts a major kink in that plan

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By G'bandit
    pixelized said:
    "I thought you said you wanted to be surprised"
    you can post the five minutes..i wasnt strong enough i saw it :(  but it was awesome! but also i ruin it for me :( im sad and happy at the same time.. you know what i mean?
    agustartari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By agustartari

Hi guys I'm new in the site. I will like to share with you all my digital comics books of Batman since the first issue to 1975 issues. If you want some of them, please let me know.

tvgm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By tvgm2

I wish you hadn't posted those shots. This site really needs a spoiler tag.

Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
    ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ronin alexsnder

i pretty much hate the bat but the first movie was great the way they tried to make everything realistic as to how he got all th stuff he has. i will happily admit that i to am looking forward to this movie in all hopes to see the bat get whooped on a bit lol.

no for real i am excited to see the movie

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By pixelized
    G'bandit said:
    "pixelized said:
    "I thought you said you wanted to be surprised"
    you can post the five minutes..i wasnt strong enough i saw it :(  but it was awesome! but also i ruin it for me :( im sad and happy at the same time.. you know what i mean?
    "
    its fine...i'd rather not....i dont have too much interest in the movie
    brainiac 5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#85  Edited By brainiac 5

the new suit is way rad

brainiac 5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#86  Edited By brainiac 5
    Punchinello said:
    "

I love these milk ads.

If anyone read comics; you'd know that every 10 pages there's a 'got milk? ad. In the comics I read, there's tons of them. Even on the back cover =P Tomb Raider, pro-skate boarders, Spongebob Squarepants, etc.

"

I know right!

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Gregomasta

I just saw the movie at Imax in Navy Pier, Chicago.  I saw only two references to robin, In a discussion between Dent and Wayne in which Dent says Batman doesn't want to fight this war forever, he's looking for someone to surpass him.  Second is Bruce Wayne leaving the "Bat Cave", (room with all the white lights for the ceiling), he jumps on a motor cycle, a RED one and there is a cymbol right where Robin's" R" should be on the gas tank, the cymbol is circle filled in black with the letters "MK" on it but resembles the R VERY much.  My honest guess is that it can go either way with Robin being in the next movie or not, regardless, this movie is so epic and has so much talent(Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Christian Bale, Garry Oldman and Mr. Christopher Nolan) if 4 out of the 5 of those people come back(RIP Heath Ledger) the next movie will be a success also.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Nighthunter

Nolan and Bale should stay in the batman movie franchise forever.....

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Paragon

AAHHH! 5 DAYS!

The Time Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By The Time Lord
    Nighthunter said:
    "Nolan and Bale should stay in the batman movie franchise forever....."
    hellz yh
    iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By iSHADOW

guess who scored tickets to a prerelease press screening of TDK at the IMAX tonight at 6?

thats right.

Archdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Archdevil
    zero edge said:
    "

Lady Tlieso says:

"why was there a need for this? i understand marketing & all that stuff but why?
    "

here's the one for the Dark Knight

at least we get a really nice shot of the bat suit haha
    Post Edited:2008-05-31 20:23:53

"
    Wow the second Picture of batman is COOL! The suit looks Better
    iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By iSHADOW

Absolutely incredible film. i sat through it with either a smile, cringe or my mouth agape the entire time. It very well may be the best superhero movie ever made, but superheroes aside it was simply an incredible film. Full review to follow later today if i find the time.

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By iSHADOW

Heres my review. I’ve got limited time so its not going to be as thorough as I’d like and believe me this movie deserves a very deep analysis.  I’m not going to reveal any of the important plot points because after staying as far away from spoilers as I could I’m convinced that it was the right decision. The less you know about this film the better your experience will be when you see it. OK here we go.

I am a very critical and opinionated person, especially when it comes to how people use source material that I really enjoy from some medium transfer it to a new one. More times than not, the end product is subpar or mediocre at best. I am very wary when going to see a movie such as The Dark Knight. Its been hyped to no end since it was announced, it’s a sequel to a movie I thoroughly enjoyed, and the source material is something very near and dear to my heart. So I’m sure you can understand my apprehension regarding this movie before its release. I had very high expectations but because of past experiences the higher my expectations are the more I expect to be disappointed. I am thrilled to say that this film not only didn’t disappoint but exceeded my already exceedingly high expectations in every aspect.

After the credits began to roll it was very difficult for me to collect my thoughts. I left the theater in a daze trying desperately to comprehend what it was that I had just seen so forgive me if I seem somewhat scattered. try to structure this the best I can.

The film takes place shortly after Batman Begins ended and the closing scene of the prior film sets the stage for this one perfectly. The theme of escalation plays a very important role in the story. The more the good guys do the more the bad guys do to keep up. There is an overwhelming sense of dread throughout the movie from the first scene to the last, you realize early that anything can happen and all traditional boundaries have been done away with. The harder the Batman tries to save his dying city, the worse the situation becomes. There is no happy ending and no light at the end of the tunnel. It is by all means a tragedy. Warner Bros. really pushed the PG13 rating to its breaking point with this one and I’m not at all sure how they got away with it. Parts of this movie are genuinely disturbing and Dent’s face after his accident alone should warrant an R.

So Lets talk about Ledger. I was never really a fan of his work as in my opinion he has never shown us anything truly remarkable. I was very skeptical when it was announced that he was to play the Joker but I can tell you now that all my doubts were done away with after seeing his work and this is far and away his best role. The character he created is brilliant and really chills you to the bone. Every time he appeared on screen I just felt dirty. This joker isn’t funny; he’s sadistic in the worst possible ways and makes Nicholson’s portrayal seem tame in comparison. Absolutely no time is spent on the Jokers origin and there didn’t need to be. The Joker comes off as more of an idea than a person. He’s a chaotic force that perfectly compliments the ideology of the movies trinity, Batman, Dent, and Gordon. Batman and the Jokers relationship is portrayed superbly and any fan of the comic will really be able to appreciate the chemistry the two share.

Aaron Eckhart’s performance was very well done. While it didn’t meet the level of Ledgers presentation, he certainly did a praiseworthy portrayal as ’s White Knight and is the real hero of the film. You really start to believe in him and his ability to change for the better but the feeling bittersweet as you know that he is doomed to become corrupt. After his scarring transformation to Two Face, Eckhart does an exceptional job of turning the character on its head and succumbing to the darkness that surrounds the film.

Ok that’s about all I can do for now. I’ve got a lot more to say about the movie but probably won’t within the next day unless there’s a demand to hear more. You should all be extremely excited. I know most of you already are but believe me as good as you expect this movie to be, it’s better.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Resonate

Dent.....see need must will soon have to

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Kurrent

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
    ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ronin alexsnder

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like the guy above said i left the theater scatterbrained i found myself just laying on the floor and staring at the ceiling trying to catch up with what i just watched.

i have been a fan of ledgers for a while basically since a knights tale but probably mostly because i love stories of the dark ages and i found that one to be very entertaining. i will say that when i heard of his passing i was saddened and after watching the dark knight it only leaves my head spinning with his performance.

i found it so hard to beleive that the same guy that played the joker was the same guy that played in a knights tale. his 180 from hero to villian twisted my mind and im still having a hard time believing that was the same guy.

i loved the movie and cant wait to get it on DVD.

on a side note i dang near punched a guy in the face because he was talking and that drives me nuts especially in a movie like this. lol

Avatar image for crimson_dominion
    Crimson Dominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Crimson Dominion

I just got back from seeing Dark Knight and let me tell you, it was incredible. This movie trumps Iron Man, Hulk, and every other superhero movie. You HAVE to see it!!

Heath did a terrific job as the Joker, he deserves an academy award. It was so amazing and intense. It was filled with so much Batman essence. The writing was so powerful, this movie deserved every bit of hype it got and more. 
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#99  Edited By The_Martian

Just saw the movie and OMG! Joker is the best villain to appear in a comic book based movie so far. The movie has a whole was pretty good, but Joker just...wow. I still can't get over one of first scenes....

Spoilers!

The one where he does the Magic Trick with the pencil and them BAM!

The Soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By The Soldier

GRRRREAT MOVIE!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.