Official Batman Movies discussion thread (Spoilers!!)

#1 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

There didn't seem a proper thread to discuss about new

or old Batman movies so I'd thought I'd post one. enjoy....

Some stuff about new movie the Dark Knight(Spoilers)

" />http://www.empireonline.com/images/trailer/breakdown/darkknight/2.jpg

He's Back

You can't actually see it clearly during the playing of the trailer, but by lightening a single frame of the moment when Batman crashes into the roof of a van, you can quite clearly see that the driver is none other than The Scarecrow. We've seen someone who looks like Cillian Murphy in previous leaked photos and Murphy's been non-committal whenever asked about cameoing in the new movie. Guess we can now consider that confirmed.

" />http://www.empireonline.com/images/trailer/breakdown/darkknight/3.jpg

Eric Roberts

This isn't a spoiler of any kind, but if you look to the left of The Joker in the scene where he's gathered Gotham's no-goods, you can clearly see the first look at Eric Roberts as Sal Maroni. Since the death of Carmine Falcone, Maroni has taken over as head of Falcone's mafia family and, if the film follows Batman comic book lore, he's a key part of the creation of Two-Face. Like we say, not a spoiler but it's always nice to see Eric Roberts.

" />http://www.empireonline.com/images/trailer/breakdown/darkknight/4.jpg

Birth of Two-Face

A long-running rumour about the birth of Two-Face as a character in the movie had him being doused with acid during a court case, as is the character's origin in the comics. But the picture of Harvey Dent face down in liquid suggests otherwise. Actually, that doesn't even look like acid (as we all know, acid in movies is fizzier). It looks like gasoline. Will Dent instead be burned?

" />http://www.empireonline.com/images/trailer/breakdown/darkknight/5.jpg

Then there were two

It's over in a flash, but the trailer does actually offer the first look at Aaron Eckhart in his Two-Face guise. Toward the end of the promo there is a shot of Harvey Dent sitting in a car with a gun held against the side of his face. Look closely and you can clearly see that his chin and nose are a little crispy around the edge. From what Nolan and Eckhart say, the other side of the face is particularly horrific.

Suffer Little Children

We knew the deeds of The Joker would be dark, but one shot shows the explosive destruction of Gotham General Hospital. Of course, there's a chance that all the women, children and feeble folk were evacuated before the big bang, but a show of humanity wouldn't really be The Joker's style. In short: when it comes to who could die, all bets are off.

Bye-bye Rachel<br.

We find it hard to believe that Christopher Nolan would give away a highly significant character death in the trailer, but a little past the halfway mark you can see The Joker drop poor Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal) from the top of a building. Now, she may be rescued by Batman in a demonstration of quick thinking and derring do, but the only footage we see of her is during the party that The Joker crashes. Is this the end of Bruce Wayne's childhood sweetheart?

#2 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

come on people

=====================

At least I'm excited that Scarecrows back, Sal Maroni is in it, Rachel might die and they're actually showing a true joker...

#3 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

As am I, one of the most decent threads in a bit, got my props.

#4 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

thnx

#5 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

hey cool, scarecrow's sort of in it or something like that... but yeah this is going to be an awesome movie... it has such a dark tone in it I love it.

#6 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah...Jokers my fav villain for Bats and overall. All though the last movie was good I don't think it had that Joker feel....I mean he poisons kids with candy...I hope they show his dark side....like the pick of the exploding hospital.

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted this in another Batman movie thread.

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah... this movie is going to be soooooo awesome...

M

#9 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Posted this in another Batman movie thread.
" />http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/SaintSaturn/harveydent.jpg"

That's so gross on so many levels...

#10 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

yowzers

#11 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone else think that might not be the real deal pick of twoface

#12 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"does anyone else think that might not be the real deal pick of twoface"

not sure.....it does look a bit gameish

#13 Posted by G-Man (34944 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw that image elsewhere as an artist's rendition. May not appear that way in the movie.

And maybe it's just me but it seems a little early to have this page pinned when the movie is still a ways off. I suppose technically it shouldn't need to be pinned if everyone knew to go to Batman's page for his topics.

Staff
#14 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-man: suppose...I dunno who pinned it

they does say he might have his face burned rather than spoiled with acid

#15 Posted by Guano (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Falcone die or did he just go batsh&t from scarecrow gas?The last time we see him he was strapped to a table and muttering "scarecrow.......scarecrow.....scarecrow"with Rachel and Crane looking on?He should still be in Arkham right?Did I miss something?I've seen Begins like 40 times.....

#16 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hopeful that the movie will be good, but the trailers haven't moved me.

#17 Posted by Jokerette (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

Two words: Disturbing- Gross

#18 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

That is so ugly.

#19 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes me want to see the movie. When is it coming out guys.

#20 Posted by Guano (46 posts) - - Show Bio

July 18 in the U.S.

#21 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Guano says:

"Did Falcone die or did he just go batsh&t from scarecrow gas?The last time we see him he was strapped to a table and muttering "scarecrow.......scarecrow.....scarecrow"with Rachel and Crane looking on?He should still be in Arkham right?Did I miss something?I've seen Begins like 40 times....."

yh he should be in arkham still......with sal Maroni taking his place in crime lord business....I think Falcone is too mentally disturbed to be seen again....but ya never know

#22 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

why was there a need for this? i understand marketing & all that stuff but why?

#23 Posted by Guano (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine says:

"Guano says:
"Did Falcone die or did he just go batsh&t from scarecrow gas?The last time we see him he was strapped to a table and muttering "scarecrow.......scarecrow.....scarecrow"with Rachel and Crane looking on?He should still be in Arkham right?Did I miss something?I've seen Begins like 40 times....."

yh he should be in arkham still......with sal Maroni taking his place in crime lord business....I think Falcone is too mentally disturbed to be seen again....but ya never know"

OP says "Since the death of Carmine Falcone, Maroni has taken over as head of Falcone's mafia family" Yea, just a clarification, I don't think we'll see him soon either, but you never know.
#24 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"why was there a need for this? i understand marketing & all that stuff but why?
"

here's the one for the Dark Knight

at least we get a really nice shot of the bat suit haha
Post Edited:2008-05-31 20:23:53

#25 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

must

see

Two-Face

#26 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"why was there a need for this? i understand marketing & all that stuff but why?
"

what can he say? he likes milk

#27 Posted by Dr. Who (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know bats liked milk O,.,O

#28 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Lady Tlieso says:
"
here's the one for the Dark Knight at least we get a really nice shot of the bat suit haha
Post Edited:2008-05-31 20:23:53"

wow i definitly like the begins suit better

#29 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"zero edge says:
"Lady Tlieso says:
"
here's the one for the Dark Knight at least we get a really nice shot of the bat suit haha

wow i definitly like the begins suit better"

yh

#30 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine says:

"danhimself says:
"zero edge says:
"Lady Tlieso says:
"
yh"

huh?

#31 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Who says:

"I didn't know bats liked milk O,.,O"

well now you know

#32 Posted by Julius Cutter (49 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm a fan of the dark one,and the movies,hope the new one is good

#33 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"Constantine says:
"danhimself says:
"zero edge says:
"Lady Tlieso says:
"
yh"

huh?"

it means yeah

#34 Posted by thenightwing (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Tlieso says:

"

Just advertising. du!!! kids like batman so they do what he does.<br>Post Edited:2008-06-02 12:16:12
#35 Posted by Punchinello (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I love these milk ads.

If anyone read comics; you'd know that every 10 pages there's a 'got milk? ad. In the comics I read, there's tons of them. Even on the back cover =P Tomb Raider, pro-skate boarders, Spongebob Squarepants, etc.

#36 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#37 Posted by Guano (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Turkish Batman

#38 Posted by Berzerker (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!

#39 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

yes rachel dies i mean there is no point in keeping her alive besides batsy will get wild after her death! i wanna c that! :p yahahahahhahaha! ok to much joker lol

#40 Posted by The Darkest Knight (41 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I saw that image elsewhere as an artist's rendition. May not appear that way in the movie. And maybe it's just me but it seems a little early to have this page pinned when the movie is still a ways off. I suppose technically it shouldn't need to be pinned if everyone knew to go to Batman's page for his topics."

I don't agree with, on Batman movie chronicles the image was taken off and the reason was because WB did not want that getting leaked, in my opnion that is the real deal. Lets not forget that we never expected the joker to look how he looked until we saw it. It was unexpected just like the piture of Two-Face

#41 Posted by Punchinello (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone hear that apparently The Scarecrow is getting killed off in this film?

I hope Rachel gets bumped off. I don't approve of romance!interests; doesn't help that Bruce has enough in the comics, but then directors (even Nolan, whom I love) go and make their own character who knows who Bruce is, etc. Silver would've been cool, as a canon!cameo girlfriend, rather than ANOTHER... original character.

#42 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't heard anything about scarecrows death.

#43 Posted by The Darkest Knight (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither have I, and I'm pretty up to date on things revolving around The Dark Knight, which by the way will be the best movie ever!

#44 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
I just stumbled on a promo website for the new Batman movie 'The Dark Knight'. Its kind of like CNN for Gotham City. The main feature so far is the news 'round table' where they talk about Harvey Dent and the masked figure called 'Batman'.

Gotham Cable News

the website is amazingly well done and is also linked with...

The Gotham Times

The Gotham Election Board

Trust Garcetti

I Believe in Harvy Dent

and others.... with the amaizngly well done Gotham Tonight...

Overall i have to say it is one of the best movie websites this year, with the very few websites available for Iron Man, Hulk and others, i have to say that the idea of Dark Knight running websites like this is a brilliant one, and the episode of "Gotham Tonight" was a damn nice teaser for the movie...

M

#45 Posted by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.gothamcitypizzeria.com/

go here and click on the HA in Gotham you'll never guess what comes next... ;)

Hope no one already posted this. If they did I'm sorry... :)

#46 Edited by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

a little scene that "why so serious" has revealed

spoilers alert...kinda

http://www.whysoserious.com/myhero/
#47 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"a little scene that "why so serious" has revealed

spoilers alert...kinda

"
So, now we know Two-Face will be the next villain...
#48 Posted by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Nighthunter said:

spoilers alert...kinda

"
So, now we know Two-Face will be the next villain...
"
I just gotta say... the marketing for this movie is brilliant!
#49 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:

spoilers alert...kinda

"

You cant see the side of his face is messed up so we all know thats two face.  Will he be against joker in the movie or work with him. I think scarecrow will be by himself in this movie.
#50 Posted by Punchinello (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree too, sadly; I think Scarecrow will end up being by himself, or as a 'free lancer'. Which sucks because The Scarecrow/The Joker canon team-up is fantastic; particularly if a chair is involved. (See: Knightfall)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.