Off THEIR Minds: Who Should Get Possession of the Kryptonite Ring After Batman?

• 107 results
#1 Posted by judasnixon (5445 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonce?

#2 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

LULZ ^^^^. J'onn.

#3 Posted by dondave (26640 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#4 Posted by darkrider (421 posts) - - Show Bio

since she is in a relationship with him now wonder woman

#5 Posted by Quntumking (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash (Superman couldn't do very much at that point) , Nightwing (why not) , Batgirl , GreenArrow , MARTIAN MANHUNTER and WONDER WOMAN don't really need it.

#6 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson or Barbara Gordon. But since bruce does not trust any of them. he would end up giving it to Alfred. but Dick or Babs should get it for sure.

#7 Posted by roboadmiral (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash and Wonder Woman are powerful enough that they don't need the ring to go toe-to-toe with Superman. I'm not sure Nightwing has what it takes to go all-out on Superman. It needs someone who'll know when it needs using and is willing to use it. Pretty much, it has to be whoever takes the spot of top grim, scowling, intelligent guy after Batman. The Question would be next in line I guess.

#8 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Give it to Damien, who would suspect that?

#9 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not give it to someone on par with Superman? it would ensure he could be stopped. Of course, the Bat-Family would in turn have nothing to protect themselves with... Meh, give it to Damien.

#10 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda agree with Humphries and Krul and say it should be Diana that has it. Kinda makes more sense now since the two are together after all.

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

If Barbara was still Oracle I would have given it to her. She has access to give the ring to any superhuman who could best deal with a kryptonian without being able to physically abuse the privilege.

#12 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (511 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been decided. Sam Humphries is an awesome dude.

Also, I too think the ring should go to Wonder Woman. As a matter of fact, as 1/3 of the trinity she should already have her own damn ring. Make it happen, DC.

#13 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. Let's be serious people. There is no 'After Batman'. There is a continuous stream of Batman. Even if Bruce Wayne dies, there will be another Batman. And Another. And Another.

#14 Posted by dondave (26640 posts) - - Show Bio

That order of progression thing is bull, the only reason clark gave batman the ring was because 1. they're best friends and 2. he knew Batman would have the balls to put him down if need be. There is no such compunction with nightwing

#15 Posted by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman. Supes is her man. She needs to be able to keep him in check.

And Jimmy Olson and Lois Lane!

#16 Posted by Superguy1591 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

No one, Superman would just take it back. Superman gave it to Bruce as a gesture of trust, I don't think he gives a rat's bum if Nightwing, Damien, Babara, Jason or Tim trusted him or not.

Plus, Batman can't do a thing to Superman...with or without a silly ring. I doubt any other none superpowered hero can either.

#17 Posted by Superguy1591 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Superman doesn't give it to him in the New 52...it has always annoyed me that Batman thinks he stands a chance against Superman.

#18 Posted by annafh (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Tim runs around with a Kryponian clone,and they're supposed to be homicidal and stuff, he can look after it until it's needed elsewhere.

#19 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

lois lane so she can kill superman because he doesnt lay out with her anymore or never did actualy.....

#20 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibe

#21 Posted by jacksonvillewriter (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs. When Bruce dies, Dick takes over the mantle and inherits the ring. Next time he sees Barbara (presumably going by the Wonder-Bat mantle), he pulls out the ring and pops the question.

"Will you... Um, Barbara... Babs, will you take this ring.... and uh, not kill Superman with it? Unless you have to."

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27349 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor?

#23 Posted by The_Tree (6405 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone that nobody would expect: Codpiece.

He's humanity's last best hope against an ape-s### alien menace.

Nobody in the superhero community would expect it, especially not Superman, so he'd have the element of surprise.

#24 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

lol...

#25 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13875 posts) - - Show Bio

@annafh said:

Since Tim runs around with a Kryponian clone,and they're supposed to be homicidal and stuff, he can look after it until it's needed elsewhere.

/thread

#26 Posted by Mucklefluga (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMIAN WAYNE

#27 Posted by Hancock89 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

No one, I always found the idea stupid. In the new 52 Superman isn't even that strong anyway, so that course of action is even less of a necessity.

#28 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hancock So lifting the planet's weight for 5 days straight now is weak? Hmmm...

#29 Posted by Big_Nasty (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Give it to Hal or John , They are very disciplined with their so why not this one. Have a kryptonite powered lantern ring.

#30 Posted by hyperman (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman or Lois Lane, Hal Jordan is good at rings too XD

#31 Posted by jorgecabrera (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana or J'onn seem the most level headed people to hold the ring. They wouldn't need it when it comes going head-to-head against Clark, and the ring, after all, is intended as a last resort measure.

#32 Posted by J1ml33 (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Death and Madam Xanadu

#33 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3274 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#34 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

#35 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3317 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Alfred was the best answer. I honestly hadn't thought of it.

I usually don't like these videos, but this one surprised me. Maybe it was the swearing!

#36 Edited by Hancock89 (94 posts) - - Show Bio
@ImTheDamnBatman: No you don't understand. It's not as much as he has weakened considerably, it's rather that the other heroes' power stats have been upped. There are plenty of characters that can take him on single handedly. Martian Manhunter being a prime example, his stats have been improved  substantialy in the new 52.  

Supes is arguably the kindest hero in DCU, I don't like seeing him hand a control freak like Batman keys to his weakness. As if Batman is some perfect hero that can do no wrong. In the current continuity Batman trumps Superman in leadership and gets the final word on anything in Justice League, Superman isn't displayed as a charismatic leader anymore. So for him to hand batman keys to his weaknesses on top of it is just a stupid plot device. He might as well be a dog at that point, because Batman will not shy away of using it against him whenever they heavily disagree on certain course of actions.
#37 Edited by Spideycap (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Coughconstantinecough!

#38 Posted by telepathic666 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman or aqua man, they are the only ones who might be able to go toe to toe with superman without it, this way if something happened it would be like making sure nothing gets worse.

#39 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Barda, so she can use it in her new piercing. you'll never guess where it is.

#40 Posted by PurpleCandy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku

#41 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer kryptonite no more like what Denny did in the bronze age or maybe let superman invent an anti-kryptonite formula. Mon-el has his anti-lead formula.

#42 Posted by Pokeysteve (7013 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman. The whole point of the ring is to stop Superman if need be. How the hell was Batman ever going to do that. Wonder Woman and then J'onn are the logical and obvious choices.

#43 Posted by Elaine (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman was an interesting answer I didn't expect, but I think the point of it is humans who couldn't defend themselves against Superman being represented...I mean Wonder Woman could take care of Superman without it.

#44 Posted by karetaker (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

turn the ring into a bullet. a big one.

#45 Posted by Zghost (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I would go with Tim Drake i think out of the robins he most likely to have the plans laid out and most responsible with it.

#46 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

That should really be up to Superman, shouldn't it? I'd think he'd give it to Diana.

#47 Posted by Icon (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy1591 said:

No one, Superman would just take it back. Superman gave it to Bruce as a gesture of trust, I don't think he gives a rat's bum if Nightwing, Damien, Babara, Jason or Tim trusted him or not.

Plus, Batman can't do a thing to Superman...with or without a silly ring. I doubt any other none superpowered hero can either.

Exactly. The ring is a gesture of trust to Batman and a sign of their friendship. The ring doesn't belong to anyone else and if there were an "after Batman" scenario the ring should obviously go back to Superman, or be destroyed lest it fall into the wrong hands.

#48 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Fate should have it, he is the only one that can keep it safe from people that would actually need it to do evil against superman.

#49 Posted by havoc1201 (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy1591 said:

Batman has kicked Supermans butt many times with the ring and has out smarted him without the ring also

#50 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody who can actually get close to him and Batman can trust.

-Flash

-Green Lanturn

-Wonder Woman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.