Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Off THEIR Mind: Can Batman Really Defeat Everyone?

• 187 results
    Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Hancock89: QFT, it's a load of bull.

On a separate note I want Lobdell's shirt.

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@toekneebeeears: BS with the Hulk it was more of a compromise. and In that crossover it was the usual villain tricks Heroes in to fighting each other and oohhh we're both good guys so lets team up.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By reignmaker

@shackle said:

Batman the character suffers from the rabid fanboyism that elevates him to omnipotence.

True. This is where superheroes get their true power.

AnonymousMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By AnonymousMC

@Hancock89 said:

The most wanked character in comic book history.

Make a thread of Batman versus any given character and the first question you get from his craziest fans is: ''How much prep time does he get?!''. Listening to some of 'em one could even beleive that Batman could probably defeat the entire comicverse if granted enough prep-time. Quite ridiculous, he's the Chuck Norris of comic books. And it doesn't seem like the blind fanboyism among writers and his most loyal fans will change any time soon.

This is accurate assessment. Batman=Chuck Norris. But just like Chuck Norris, Batman could never defeat Bruce Lee. PERIOD!

CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great job you wanking fan boys you ruined a great character.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By iceman228433

In comics sure in real life that fool would get F'ed up.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By RustyRoy

@Icon said:

@Blood1991 said:

This is why I can't love Batman, I like Batman well enough, but honestly I hate this perception that he is unbeatable. His book is good and seeing him struggle against Talon was awesome, but then you have this parallel fanverse where he could take Superman and Wonder Woman on blindfolded and it is totally acceptable. Bat-god in my opinion ruins Batman.

It's the same reason I've never been able to get that into the character. Blind fanboyism ruins him. There is just no fun in liking a supposedly unbeatable character when it would be impossible for him to be so.

Actually batman loses more times than you know and he can barely keep his city safe but the fact that he never gives up is the reason we "fanboys'' keep saying he's unbeatable. people like to believe that nothing is impossible, that if we try hard enough we can achieve anything thats exactly what batman does, he never gives up,he works hard until he gets what he wants and even being just a man he's walking with demigods. and thats why he is one of most popular comic book characters. and please if you don't like him because of his insane fanboys then you're no better than them. read his stories, his character has gone through the most different interpretations than any character ever, you might like some of them. you might actually like Batman Earth One, Batman Year One, and the Venom storyline was pretty good and showed that he was vulnerable too. There are many other amazing storyline and Batman TAS is one of the best incarnations of the character, you can definitely check it out. Just give it a try.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

This is why I can't love Batman, I like Batman well enough, but honestly I hate this perception that he is unbeatable. His book is good and seeing him struggle against Talon was awesome, but then you have this parallel fanverse where he could take Superman and Wonder Woman on blindfolded and it is totally acceptable. Bat-god in my opinion ruins Batman.

All of this.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109  Edited By reignmaker

@RustyRoy: At the risk of making a blanket statement, most of the people who have a problem with Bat God are Marvel readers.

Oops, I guess that was a blanket statement. Oh well...

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By RedOwl_1

By himself, I think he may be able to defeat the 75% of everyone (and separated, not together that would be a mess) and the rest I'm sure he can defeat it with help

Notathug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Notathug78

Much as I love him no. Given prep and planning there are some heroes and villains he could beat in multiple comic universes. However as good as he is he's only human. When you completely dismiss him as a threat that tends to be a fatal flaw that I've seen in both the comics, cartoons and live action movies. 

supersmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By supersmith

My Little Pony will beat Batman. I agree the Doctor and Holmes (Batman ripped him off) can kick his ass. Galactus will just fart and kill him.

FatFriar_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#113  Edited By FatFriar_16

This is why I appreciate the Powers game on this site. If brute force and ability are compared to defeat Batman, he'd lose. But, if Batman had the time/concentration to think about what he's doing and formulate a plan... using something like "outwit" there's at east a heavy chance that he'd win.

Avatar image for goldenboy_prime
    Goldenboy_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Goldenboy_Prime
    No Caption Provided
    SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By SmashBrawler

No. Anyone who thinks Batman can defeat everyone is delusional and should be sent to Arkham.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#116  Edited By kennybaese

I pray to Batman everyday for mercy just like

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#117  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@kennyshat said:

I pray to Batman everyday for mercy just like

It's true. I do that.

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#118  Edited By JSH92

Thank you, Jimmy Palmiotti.

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By telepathic666

if superwoman had been so cocky in Crisis on 2 earths she would have killed him so that pretty much answers it.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Most people have the misconception that Batman always beats Superman with prep, when 75% of the time he fails.

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Amazingoctus

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! BATMAN IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 NO ONE CAN DEFEAT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neiliusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#122  Edited By neiliusprime

too many fanboys in this thread lol

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By TheJokerha
    No Caption Provided
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Blood1991

@Reignmaker said:

@RustyRoy: At the risk of making a blanket statement, most of the people who have a problem with Bat God are Marvel readers.

Oops, I guess that was a blanket statement. Oh well...

God forbid I read from both companies...

@RustyRoy said:

@Icon said:

@Blood1991 said:

It's the same reason I've never been able to get that into the character. Blind fanboyism ruins him. There is just no fun in liking a supposedly unbeatable character when it would be impossible for him to be so.

Actually batman loses more times than you know and he can barely keep his city safe but the fact that he never gives up is the reason we "fanboys'' keep saying he's unbeatable. people like to believe that nothing is impossible, that if we try hard enough we can achieve anything thats exactly what batman does, he never gives up,he works hard until he gets what he wants and even being just a man he's walking with demigods. and thats why he is one of most popular comic book characters. and please if you don't like him because of his insane fanboys then you're no better than them. read his stories, his character has gone through the most different interpretations than any character ever, you might like some of them. you might actually like Batman Earth One, Batman Year One, and the Venom storyline was pretty good and showed that he was vulnerable too. There are many other amazing storyline and Batman TAS is one of the best incarnations of the character, you can definitely check it out. Just give it a try.

This isn't about his fanboys at least not the ones online this is about DC writers being fanboys. I also read ALOT of Batman, and watched every cartoon because I love his villains, but Batman himself has always just been meh with me.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#125  Edited By kagato

So this one time, Marvel vs Capcom and the winner was Batman, then Streetfighter crossed Tekken and Batman won then too! I hear Batman isnt afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of Batman!

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By TheJokerha

@kagato: In my head I heard this being said by Allyson Hannigan's character Michelle from American Pie.

"So, this one time, at band camp, with Batman.."

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#127  Edited By kagato

@TheJokerha said:

@kagato: In my head I heard this being said by Allyson Hannigan's character Michelle from American Pie.

"So, this one time, at band camp, with Batman.."

lol ^_^ I was actually hearing that voice when i wrote that

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By RustyRoy

@Blood1991 said:

@Reignmaker said:

@RustyRoy said:

@Icon said:

@Blood1991 said:

This isn't about his fanboys at least not the ones online this is about DC writers being fanboys. I also read ALOT of Batman, and watched every cartoon because I love his villains, but Batman himself has always just been meh with me.

Ok

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#129  Edited By Stormbox

I think batman is capable of defeating a lot of foes but writers shouldnt go overboard and having him defeat people like galactus for example

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#130  Edited By Queso6p4

I can't believe people are still debating this. He's merely human and obviously has his limitations. That being said, this was obviously done and fun, shouldn't be taken seriously, but I can't believe blind fans are still proposing the impossible. My favorite in video response" I think Galactus would probably eat him."

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#131  Edited By Russcovito

Has anyone read Green Lantern #14 ? (If someone can upload a scan it will be nice).. Baz' kinda say : Justice League ? There's nothing I can do. Maybe I could take Batman.. ... ... .... What the f*$^ ?? Of course Batman can beat anyone ! He is the Goddam Batman !

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#132  Edited By DMC

@Mrfuzzynutz said:

*sigh* Face palm

Batman CANNOT beat everyone. period. What Batman is great at however? Getting his tail kicked the first time, and then developing a counter measure for the next time he encounters them. Batman is like 486-2 in rematches hahaha

Good point, which would make Batman more like Rocky Balboa than Chuck Norris

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Eternal19

@Rumble Man said:

I blame miller

**** that guy

This, All this Batman beats everyone crap started after Miller wrote The Dark Knight Returns

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Russcovito said:

Has anyone read Green Lantern #14 ? (If someone can upload a scan it will be nice).. Baz' kinda say : Justice League ? There's nothing I can do. Maybe I could take Batman.. ... ... .... What the f*$^ ?? Of course Batman can beat anyone ! He is the Goddam Batman !

Actually, if Baz took Batman by surprise he could (temporarily, of course) take him out of the battle. All he needs is a big green hand to grab Bruce with and throw him away.

Then again, he could also use that big green hand and just squash Batman with it. The non-lethal way has less hazardous consequences, though.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Eternal19

True batman fans know that he cant beat everyone, those rabid fanboys who cite non canon feats and say how batman can defeat everyone with prep arent true batman fans. The reason the charecter is so popular is because he is human and we know that he has limits, saying he can beat everyone ruins what made the charecter cool in the first place.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Hh should have asked Miller's opinion.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By jorgeareizaga
    YES HE CAN, BATMAN IS THE TOTAL MASTER

BATMAN ALWAYS WINS!!!
    Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Destinyhero20

So what happen if Batman face Batman?

dmkicksballs13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#139  Edited By dmkicksballs13

Let me answer the question as complicated and over-analyzed as I possibly can.

Yes.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#140  Edited By Rumble Man

@Eternal19 said:

@Rumble Man said:

I blame miller

**** that guy

This, All this Batman beats everyone crap started after Miller wrote The Dark Knight Returns

He monopolizes on the good writer and 75% of the stories will link wit Bman

CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Eternal19: My gosh you hit it right on the head man!

pewsplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By pewsplosions

I loved it when the black suit Supergirl encountered Batman and said something along the lines of "Why doesn't somebody just kill you already?" It is a good question. The answer is obviously that Batman does have a super power. It's called fanboyism. Batman always wins simply because he is Batman(written by fanboys for fanboys) with the assist from the fact that he is the good guy and you can't exactly go having the good guy get stepped on by a monster immensely more powerful than him.

On a side note, I am really surprised Batman hasn't taken over Chuck Norris jokes yet. I.E Batman doesn't call the wrong number. You answer the wrong phone. Ghosts sit around the campfire and tell Batman stories. Death once had a Near-Batman experience. Etc...

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By SandMan_
    @Rumble Man said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Rumble Man said:

I blame miller

**** that guy

That's where it all started...thanks to him...
    geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By geoff2005

because this is what fiction and comics is all about the impossible to be possible. a mere human beating people 1000000x stronger.

I

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Esquire

@sinestro_GL said:

Without the convenient plot devices...then no.

E.g.

Hush: Supposing that Lois managed to escape Catwoman's escape and went somewhere she couldn't be found, and if Bruce didn't happen to be in the same building as the Kryptonite ring, Batman would have probably been turned inside out.

e.g. 2:

TDKR: Suppose Oliver Queen dropped his arrow, or was apprehended before he had a chance to fire his arrow, the ending of the Superman/Batman fight would have come a lot sooner.

I would find it far less believable for Green Arrow, one of Comicdom's greatest archers, to just "drop his arrow" than for him to fire it accurately. And if you recall, he almost did get apprehended. He was fighting government troops instead of staying in position like he was supposed to. So really, the plot device was skewed against Batman in this instance.

And regarding Hush, the ring was in his belt. Clark gave it to him, in case he ever needed to be stopped. So he was carrying it, he didn't conveniently find it.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#146  Edited By Rumble Man

@SandMan_ said:

@Rumble Man said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Rumble Man said:

I blame miller

**** that guy

That's where it all started...thanks to him...

D-Bag

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By soccersss

@Destinyhero20 said:

So what happen if Batman face Batman?

O_O *Mind explodes*

On a more serious note obviously Batman can't beat everyone and about 99% of the people on this thread "hopefully" knows that. Batman is just a fun and easy character to make seemingly unstoppable.

marvelftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By marvelftw

Batman is my favorite hero, but the fanboyism can get annoying sometimes. Batman can't beat everyone. The only reason he beat Supes in TDKR is because of A LOT of prep and luck on his side. And no matter how much prep he got, I don't think he could defeat Galactus lol

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#149  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

No. He can't. But all the fanboys 'Batman can beat everyone' crap is cute.

THEBATFoE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By THEBATFoE

BATMAN doesn't beat you he outsmarts you. Thats what I love about my favorite character. EVER.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.