Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Off My Mind: Why the New Batman Villain, Nobody, Will Become a Great Adversary

• 64 results
    LittleSocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By LittleSocrates

I've just come up with a great idea for a Batman villain. I'm tempted to write this story myself, actually.

Quntumking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Quntumking

@Volpe: At one point BANE thought he and Bruce wayne were brothers. Can't remember the issue though.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By goldenkey

2 new great villains. Not really sold on Dollmaker yet. He is creepy but........................ As for Nodody and The Talon, both are great.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#54  Edited By Queso6p4

Very good breakdown. This series, thankfully, really grabbed my interest with his introduction and his influence on Damian. I look forward to seeing how he further interacts with Bruce Wayne and Damian. I also like how this series is really incorporating Alfred as well. He had a fantastic moment in the last issue.

Iceman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Iceman94

Is it me or is it that most of the bat family's secret identities are now known? Nobody knows Bruce and Damian's. Saiko knows Dick is Nightwing. N.O.W.H.E.R.E. knows Tim is Red Robin. Only Barbara left now for someone to find out her identity isn't it?

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By feargalr

@InnerVenom123: I really enjoyed it..

I wonder if theres a connection between Nobody and N.O.W.H.E.R.E.....

MakoaWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MakoaWolf

@Fantasgasmic:

I have to agree. I am not a Red Hood/Jason Todd fan. In fact, I'm not a Jason Todd fan at all. He died. I kind of preferred him that way. In fact, when I was a kid, I voted for his ultimate fate, because at the time, he was just a cut rate Dick Grayson with a carbon-copy story. Sure, he was retconned later into being a tire-thief, but how that improves him as a "Robin candidate" I'll never know.

The idea that Morgan/Nobody knows that he's Bruce Wayne, and thus knows something about Batman's roots isn't a new one. The angle with Robin now being Batman's soon isn't even new, not really, if we consider that he adopted the others and has stated elsewhere, that in Dick's case, he always saw him as a son. But I guess that's all jettisoned with the new 52, and we should all have situational memory wipes. My first thought upon reading the issue and this article is that its just another Red Hood (Todd) situation. Someone that knows how to push Batman's buttons. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the issue, or the writing, but I don't see this Morgan/Nobody as being a terribly original type of adversary. It'll all be in how it's written.

In truth, as long as Batman's been kicking around, it's going to be awful hard to hit him with a new villain, that he can handle, that doesn't recall some bit of his past. If I didn't already know about Ra's Al Ghul and Jason Todd's unfortunate return, Morgan would seem a bit slicker. I think that is a weakness in this 'soft boot', as I've said before, we don't know what's what, and they're making it up as they go along. And agreed, Henri Ducard had no real agenda, he questioned Batman's idealistic morality as compared to the amoral realities of the world. Also, if this issue implies his mission, then he swings closer to Ra's Al Ghul, making the storyline, with the exception of manipulating Damien, a bit unoriginal.

Damien, as Batman's real son, 10 years old, and trained to be a killer is the difference here. Damien and the Father/Son dynamic is what will make this interesting, in my opinion. The villain is just a device to explore their relationship. For me, the mos interesting part is what Alfred says to Bruce about Damien after he uses the RC Batwing to save the day. That's the story. Nobody is just window dressing.

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By fivestarga

Nobody has blinded me!

SigersonLTD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By SigersonLTD

What secret, exactly?

For those that were in The Batman panel at a recent Comic Con, Grant Morrison stated that everyone knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman, however, they're not taking advantage of that information, simply because, he's Batman.

If we are to extrapolate this info, we can come to three conclusions:

1. Not everyone believes what they know to be true.
    2. Those that know, don't care, and finally
    3. Bruce Wayne is NOT Batman. Despite all the evidence to the contrary.

We as readers know #3 is not true, however, who in Gotham feels this way? My guess is that there are about a hundred people, give or take, in the DCnU that know. I wouldn't want to be the one that has to make that list. I'll leave that for someone that gets paid to post at this site ;)

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
    The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

So much for this then, since he died.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#61  Edited By entropy_aegis

@The Mighty Monarch said:

So much for this then, since he died.

Yeah.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#62  Edited By jrock85

I thought he could have been a great recurring villain.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By gumflabica

@entropy_aegis: yeah. it is amazing how one strike to the forehead that pierces your brain in an area that is instantly leathal used by an assassin's son can kill you so suddenly. i have a strange feeling that we might be seeing nobody some time again... just a hunch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@gumflabica: I hope for that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.