Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Off My Mind: Why DETECTIVE COMICS Needs to be More Like ACTION COMICS in The New 52

• 56 results
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By ReVamp

@Rixec said:

I thought Detective Comics was focusing on the past.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By dernman
    @ReVamp said:

@Rixec said:

Me too but later they changed and said it wasn't
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By ReVamp

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

@Rixec said:

Me too but later they changed and said it wasn't

Aaaah. Aight, that explains the reference that was mentioned in Suicide Squad. I either thought that they had been in prison for a long time, or something like this was up.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By TheMess1428

I wish it would go back to the where the stories crossed the span of all the Batman titles otherwise it just doesn't make sense anymore. There really is no possible way that Bruce can be dealing with the Court of Owls, the Dollmaker, Nobody, and whoever is in BTDK at the same exact time. Its ridiculous.

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By YMCMB

I agree, when Daniel's run is over they need to give Detective to someone else and have it focus on Batman's first few years, it can skip over periods of time and just show how important events have changed or stayed the same from Batman's history. Ex: Year One, Long Halloween, Knightfall, The Robins, etc

papo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By papo

I think one of the 4 books should be the back bone of batman story just to keep a continuity and track of what is happening like a book to look for answer and relay on. that book should be detective comics but this book is not even holding his name in the right direction also I though Detective Comics was focusing on the past but is being forced to be interesting while batman's character itself is interesting already

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.