Not sure whether to laugh or cry....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone seen Batman's page lately?

After witnessing the murder of his parents, Bruce Wayne dedicated his life to ridding Gotham City of crime. With years of intense physical and financial training and a vast family fortune, he has became a symbol that strikes fear into the hearts of criminals. He is Iron Man, the Playboy.

BEWARE THE DOCTOR

Current Events

After the events of Flashpoint, New 52 has completely re-created the DC Universe and the 52 Earths. Heroes are at odds with The Easter Bunny, and Batman is a wanted playboy during the early years of stone age. Batman has his own standalone Butlers, as well as Batman & Damian, Batman: The Dark Knight, and Detective Comics. He will also frequently appears in the Justice League book which will have him team-up with other heroes (i.e. Spider-Man, Iron Man, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates) to stop the greatest threat to mankind: Mary Jane! He also makes guest appearances in Captain America's book as they still have an on and off relationship. At this time, Batman is facing the greatest challenge of his entire career, facing off against the court of owls in A Court Of Owls story arc. Though he was hesitant to join, he also is a member of Avengers which saved the Earth from the threat of Magneto.

Origin

The Beginning

A wealthy philanthropist, Thomas Wayne, his wife Martha and their 8 year-old son, Bruce Wayne, were coming out of a Hospital. The time was 4am And they were sleepy. As they stepped onto Stark Tower (now called Crime Alley), a masked gunman named Sandman came out of the shadows wanting Martha's pearl necklace she was wearing. Before young Bruce's eyes, Chill shot and killed Tony Stark in cold blood and then Martha as she was screaming for help. Bruce, traumatized at the sight of his parents' death, would never be the same. After his parents' death, Bruce was raised by his the wise and loyal butlerPepper Potts, and inherited his family's vast fortune as well as his father's company Stark Industries.

\by night, vigilante crime-fighter Batman.

Creation

Creation

Batman, one of the most influential comic book characters ever, was created by artist Bob Kane and writerBill Finger, though Kane, who designed the character, often receives credit as the sole creator. After the success of Superman in early 1939, Giovanni comics started requesting more powers for its titles. Bob Kane had an idea for a characteBEWARE THE DOC

Personal Information

Physical Attributes

• Height: 4'2"
  • Weight: 140 lbs.
  • Eye Color: Red
  • Hair Color: White

Status

Gadgets

Weapons and Equipment

Batman is most notable for his use of gadgetry. Due to his wealth, money is a obstacle for the development of various gadgets and paraphernalia he uses in fighting crime. The most recognizable of these is the Proppelchute, a razor throwing weapon that has a returning ability, similar to a boomerang. This was slowly replaced by his grappling hook as a favored gadget over time. Other items include smoke or flash grenades, caltrops, a re-breather, and various types of anti-venom. His heels have a sonic device which can summon a swarm of bats. This allows for dramatic escapes or diversions to keep his enemies busy. A Kryptonite ring was entrusted to Batman by Superman himself, to ensure a defense in case he were to ever go rogue.

Proppelchute

A Parachute that makes you propel up when pulled

Flying Machine

Self Explanator

Utility Belt

Batman’s utility belt is one of his.... Deleted

Vehicles

While he is in physical peak and has many gadgets, Batman has had numerous vehicles to help him get the jump on villains. Bat-cars...

Powers and Abilities

He Mimicked 409 Powers

#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

I share the sentiment as reflected by your chosen thread title.

#3 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I share the sentiment as reflected by your chosen thread title.

Agreed.

EDIT: This was here too:

Character Type:Radiation

#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

At any case, I have already brought the issue to the attention of the wiki moderators, and hopefully the situation will be rectified as soon as possible. Even though this is simply very sad for all the people who have genuinely contributed to this page.

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (58358 posts) - - Show Bio

omg
BB

#6 Edited by God_Spawn (38380 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like someone just batkicked the page.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by Nick-SV(ril) (562 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147055 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it a few minutes ago. I am leaning more towards laughing.

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (58358 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nick-SV(ril) said:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/nightshade50/

Based on his recent activities, I guess it's safe to say that he messed up with the pages. And those are a lot from the looks of it..

Swamp Thing, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Superman...
FFFFUUUU!
BB

#10 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nick-SV(ril) said:

Based on his recent activities, I guess it's safe to say that he messed up with the pages. And those are a lot from the looks of it..

How did you find him so soon? :/
#11 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

Who has that much time. Seriously. Who.

#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
Other pages have been hit too.
#13 Posted by ComicMan24 (147055 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Superman...

FFFFUUUU!
BB

WTH? This mean war!!!

#14 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19759 posts) - - Show Bio

O__O

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

What the troll?

#16 Posted by Billy Batson (58358 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

Who has that much time. Seriously. Who.

Eh, it wouldn't take much time to erase the stuff.
BB

#17 Posted by Saren (25123 posts) - - Show Bio

I laughed, then I panicked about whether he did that one of the pages I edited, then I saw that he didn't, so I laughed. True story.

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (58358 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

I laughed, then I panicked about whether he did that one of the pages I edited, then I saw that he didn't, so I laughed. True story.

Swamp Thing.
BB

#19 Posted by Saren (25123 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@CitizenBane said:

Swamp Thing.
BB

That's ok, I only added some of Swampy's powers back in the day when I was trying to reach 1000 points.

#20 Posted by SC (13401 posts) - - Show Bio

That's really messed up. Characters like Aquaman as well totally erased. I hope the staff can backtrack those pages - really feel bad, lots of hard working wiki editors do good work with these pages. 

#21 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30078 posts) - - Show Bio

I say we lynch whoever did it...

#22 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still laughing at the financial training.

#23 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this mean that each of those characters pages have to rewritten? Is there any way to recover previous entries? The guy hit like half of Comic Vine if you look at the link that was provided earlier in the thread. He literally went around and deleted EVERYTHING...perhaps CV needs to revise the editing rules to prevent this from happening again? Also, they should trace this guys IP back and ban it from CV so he can never make another account on here again MWAHAHAHA

#24 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30078 posts) - - Show Bio

I just looked at the Doctors page.... I'm totally disheartened.

#25 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kiara_Sullivan: *hugs*
#26 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30078 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne: Hugs back

#27 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why we can't backtrack like a normal wiki when something like this happens.

#28 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30078 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure the culprit is the one stated on the other page.

#29 Posted by _Zombie_ (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

Why hasn't this guy been banned yet?

#30 Edited by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MEIN GOTT !!!

Seriously, this is messed up, somebody should track this f-ing troll and tell everyone who he really is, where he lives, where is family lives, hack is bank account... HE SHALL PAY!!!

#31 Posted by nickzambuto (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm completely ok with this.

#32 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

That could have been fun.. but its kinda too obvious. I lold at the first two sentences though..

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had took the time to make that page before this...I would be effin pissed.

#34 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Does this mean that each of those characters pages have to rewritten? Is there any way to recover previous entries? The guy hit like half of Comic Vine if you look at the link that was provided earlier in the thread. He literally went around and deleted EVERYTHING...perhaps CV needs to revise the editing rules to prevent this from happening again? Also, they should trace this guys IP back and ban it from CV so he can never make another account on here again MWAHAHAHA

they CAN bring the information back, it's a question of will they

this sort of thing has happened before (and will happen again I'm sure) and sometimes the staff don't do anything about fixing the pages so it's hard to know if they'll fix them or not

that said, I don't think anyone should have live edit (or the ability could be handed out to specific users rather then by points) but as someone who can approve their own submissions, maybe my vote isn't fair

#35 Posted by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio

Points for creativity?

Moderator Online
#36 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, this is for real?!?? XD

#37 Posted by Billy Batson (58358 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Wouldn't it have been funny if the guy had done the same thing to the Daredevil page? :D
BB

#38 Posted by Lvenger (21241 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I don't contribute much to the site's wiki, I find it outrageous and shameful that someone would muck up the hard spent time work all the Viners have spent in making Comicvine's database one of the best on the web. Surely the mods can find who's behind this and then ban them?

#39 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@Vance Astro said:

Wouldn't it have been funny if the guy had done the same thing to the Daredevil page? :D
BB

lol I was thinking the same thing when i read Vance's post.
#40 Posted by Renchamp (3018 posts) - - Show Bio

My pet pages are all okay but this still makes me sick in my wiki-heart. I've got a couple non-Vine-worthy words for whomever has started this.

@aztek_the_lost said:

that said, I don't think anyone should have live edit (or the ability could be handed out to specific users rather then by points) but as someone who can approve their own submissions, maybe my vote isn't fair

I'll be honest, I wasn't making consistently good edits until about 15k points, maybe 20k.

Moderator Online
#41 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by GamerGeek360 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too hard to not find this funny. And that's coming from a Batman fan.

#43 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

@Billy Batson said:

Superman...

FFFFUUUU!
BB

WTH? This mean war!!!

GRRR
#44 Posted by The_Tree (7984 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts:

#45 Posted by Billy Batson (58358 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64:

check the mini bio, current events section and some of the captions, lol.
BB

#46 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nick-SV(ril) said:

strange though how he was able to do all that with not enough points for his edits to be made without approval.

#47 Posted by inferiorego (28313 posts) - - Show Bio

It's under investigation.

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.