Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Nolan's Trilogy Biggest Issue

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Perhaps my biggest issue with the Nolan series ( which I love a lot by the way like BB and TDK) is nolan just kinda dropping his whole escalation theme that began in the Dark Knight. I mean why did he do that cause to be honest DKR i felt we had the wrong villain has the main villain in that film. Yeah they said joker "changed" it or what Joker said " This city deserves a better class a criminals and I am gonna give it to em." Guys remember when Joker talked about I pictured a world without Batman and it was so boring or whatever. Why the heck didnt Nolan continue with that theme of it cause I feel he just gave up that theme to end the trilogy. Though he is not at complete fault since he didn't want to do the DKR he ended the series in mind with the TDK. That ending with Joker saying they will be doing this forever and that Batman has changed things forever.

I feel that The Dark Knight was the ending of the series or should have been cause you can say Nolan left it open for other directors to continue where he left off from that ending. It does feel that the Dark Knight Rises was to me a forced ending.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

@drudox19: A lot of things in TDKR felt forced.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Because The Joker dont mean they will fight forever and ever in every movie.

He means as long as there is order, there will be chaos, as long there is a Batman there will be a Joker.

That means Affleck will face a new Joker in the next movies.

Batman changed thing forever, but there is no way Bruce Wayne is going to be Batman Forever, he will die and get old, a new guy has to get into the suit.

You remember this happened in the comics and in Batman Beyond, even when Bruce could still be Batman let other people be Batman.

TDK dont follow the line of Begins, so why Rises should go with the same line that TDK?

TVTropes explain this.

They Changed It, Now It Sucks

It's the Same, Now It Sucks

Is a no win situation, the expectations were so high, that dont matter what Nolan did people was going to get mad at him.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@drudox19: A lot of things in TDKR felt forced.

He means as long as there is order, there will be chaos, as long there is a Batman there will be a Joker.

Batman changed thing forever, but there is no way Bruce Wayne is going to be Batman Forever, he will die and get old, a new guy has to get into the suit.

You remember this happened in the comics and in Batman Beyond, even when Bruce could still be Batman let other people be Batman.

TDK dont follow the line of Begins, so why Rises should go with the same line that TDK?

TVTropes explain this.

Is a no win situation, the expectations were so high, that dont matter what Nolan did people was going to get mad at him.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TVTropes explain this.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I am trying to say the escalation theme of the Dark Knight was just thrown away out of the blue to be honest with you. I am i saying it sucked no because to be quite frank I wouldn't care, though I will always say Bane was likely the wrong villain choice for the final film. Maybe the Riddler thing should have stayed ( Must be me but Skyfall after watching that film made me say wow they basically did how the riddler will be like in a real world a Cyber-terrorist but that's something for another time) just feel that theme was just thrown out the window just to allow the series to end cause Nolan wanted TDK to be that anyone can pick up where I left off deal.

Shinjiro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 8 year time gap of batman's inactivity between "films". If they wanted to to skip 8 years ahead, fine, but having batman inactive during it defeates the purpose. It would have added much more depth and lure if DK Trigolgy was snapshots of batman's career (kind of like the frist two movies where you knew there was batman activity and it felt more like episodes) or they could have gone and had a two year gap due to his injury. that 8 years just feels out of the blue.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I felt like the third movie removed a lot of what made Batman interesting in the comic books. People who know me know that I'm ok with movie adaptation being different from the source material, as a principle, so I'm not complaining that he wasn't just like in the comics. Heck, Iron Man and Superman were totally different and I liked them.

But the Nolan version of Batman, especially in Rises, did not resonate with me. He had no drive, no passion and no real intelligence. And the way he got back his drive felt really weird and forced.

So I agree with the fact that the second one was the better ending. It showed a man who sacrificed the last few good things he had (respect and honesty) for the sake of the city. The third one showed us a guy who had a go to being a vigilante but then he retired and then, when they steal his mom's pearls, has a middle life crisis and goes back to being the most determined ever. And heals incurable wounds with no therapy (silly little thing, i know, but it bugged me). At the end he solves one more problem, albeit big, and the show is over.

Just to make it clear: I'm not saying that the movie sucked. I loved Bane, the fight sequences, the soundtrack and a couple of other things. I just didn't like the main character and his arc. Of course everyone is entitled to his own opinion, I just didn't love it.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#9  Edited By Extremis

Dude thank you for also noticing this! I loved the escalation theme. It started to be eluded to in BB and was continued in TDK and then they just kind of never explored it further.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harry S. Plinkett:Star Trek: Generations is the stupidest movie ever made. It ruined everything; and not just Star Trek movies, but everything.

Nolan Haters and Whatculture: Nolan Batman is the stupidests movies ever made. It ruined everything; and not just Batman movies, but everything.

Comicvine: Rises is the stupidests movie ever made. It ruined everything; and not just Batman movies, but everything.

Me: Dexter last two seasons are the stupidests things ever made. It ruined everything; and not just Dexter, but everything.

Star Wars Fan: The prequels are the stupidests movies ever made. It ruined everything; and not just Star Wars movies, but everything.

Rotten Tomatoes Cult Leaders and Followers: Man of Steel is the stupidest movie ever made. It ruined everything; and not just Superman movies, but everything.

Smallville was this to the Superman mythos. No matter what they did, it was inevitable that some faction of the fanbase would be infuriated by the writers' interpretations of the Superman comics. Inevitably, fans would accuse the writers of "not being true to the source material"...never mind the fact that the comics themselves have changed continuities/canon drastically over and over again. In general, the Smallville writers seemed to be going for a sort of mixture of ideas from all eras/versions of the Superman mythos (Lex living in Smallville was from the Silver Age, the Fortress of Solitude design from the Chris Reeve films, Brainiac being from Krypton was borrowed from Superman: The Animated Series, etc.). The thing is, fans of one era/version of the mythos would always be angered when another era/version was used as inspiration.

I liked Smallville and Nolan, for that idea.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: I actually liked the Nolan trilogy a lot. The thread was about what he thought was the biggest issue and I said my opionion, but I am far from one of those haters who just like to despise something popular.

I loved that they linked it to Begins and what Bane was portraying in this movie. I liked this version a lot, even though they changed him quite a bit. Some people also don't seem to pick up on the fact that Rises as a lot of the same themes as the first one, which is a great way of closing the trilogy..

Did you like Rises as much as the others? Because I think that Rises is still better than most comic book movies out there. I just thought it didn't live to the expectations set up by the others, but that's not saying much because a combination of elements made the other two movies really really great.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg said:

@deathpoolthet1000: I actually liked the Nolan trilogy a lot. The thread was about what he thought was the biggest issue and I said my opionion, but I am far from one of those haters who just like to despise something popular.

I loved that they linked it to Begins and what Bane was portraying in this movie. I liked this version a lot, even though they changed him quite a bit. Some people also don't seem to pick up on the fact that Rises as a lot of the same themes as the first one, which is a great way of closing the trilogy..

Did you like Rises as much as the others? Because I think that Rises is still better than most comic book movies out there. I just thought it didn't live to the expectations set up by the others, but that's not saying much because a combination of elements made the other two movies really really great.

Is called unrealistic expectations, i made a thread about this in off topic some time ago.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MatteoPG

@deathpoolthet1000: yes, I guess they are kind of unrealistic. But also, the character arc wasn't exactly my kind of thing. It's just personal, basically.

The plot was a little choppier than the previous ones but the movies was still loads of fun.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDKR is Godfather part III. and i like TDKR and GF3 as a movie but don't be silly and say its your favorite one as i see few contrarian's say on here. Its a well made movie but batman doesn't retire because his sorta girlfriend dies... and people get mad at kevin smith, thats some blasphemy nolan. great filmaker though. I'd like to think it would have beat the trilogy curse and feel forced if heath was around I'm sure it would have ahhh one can dream

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear said:

TDKR is Godfather part III. and i like TDKR and GF3 as a movie but don't be silly and say its your favorite one as i see few contrarian's say on here. Its a well made movie but batman doesn't retire because his sorta girlfriend dies... and people get mad at kevin smith, thats some blasphemy nolan. great filmaker though. I'd like to think it would have beat the trilogy curse and feel forced if heath was around I'm sure it would have ahhh one can dream

Actually he retires because The Joker breack him, breack Rachel, breack Harvey and the police and rich take total control of Gotham, in other words The Joker even breacks Gotham.

Everything he belives is wortless and dont matter anymore, he cant keep going since his body is giving up on him, The Joker destroy everything Batman stands for, The Joker breacks the spirit of Batman.

The Joker made him go against his moral and ethic, destroy every single idea he had about law and order, besides the point it force Batman to live in a world where the police pretty much can do anything they want, so does rich people like Dagget, even whe he wins everybody loses.

Thats Why John Blake tell him everything is worst that ever, even without criminals on the street, the goverment and rich people decide everything on Gotham, it looks things are better because there is no street crime and mobsters, but the goverment and rich people were the new criminals.

The goverment could send any person to jail, pretty much because they want and dont have to tell you way, that was what the Dent act means.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 The Dent Act did not eliminate crime. It made people charged with crimes tied to organize crime no right to bail. Bruce Waynes parents were not killed by mob releated crime. They were killed by a desperate loner criminal trying to rob them. That crime still exists in Gotham. Even if Harvey Dents death was "what had Gotham City ready to believe in good." Batman would not stop fighting crime even if the cops were hunting them. This is Nolans version of batman and I don't think anyone could say that it is a good interpretation of batman. I think Nolan is trying to draw from the transportation New York City took. Batman would not limp around in his house crying about rachel and harvery while innocent people suffered the way he suffered as a child.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: Besides the point in Batman Beyond he retired because he take a gun and notice everything he belives in that point means nothing, letting Gotham fall into hte ground and live for the rest of his life in his mansion.

Nolan Batman is likes Smallville Superman, it take things from several places of the Batman mythos, Batman did retired when he notice he could be Batman anymore, he did it in Batman Beyond.

This whole not being like the source material is a terrible argument, since the source material had being on going for 75 years and had several interpretations, there is not just one Batman, there is several of them, based on the intepretation of the writer, Frank Miller Batman retired and he was in terrible shape, beside the point in year one he gets his ass kicked, he gets his ass kicked here again, Miller version of Batman is obviously a normal human that push himself to the limit to face the extraordinary, that dont change it was a normal human and that Miller explain he hated that Batman was so godalike in the comics, to the point he had to go into his first year and his last year to make him human.

Grant Morrison,Bruce Timm and Frank Miller loved Nolan interpretation of Batman, Bruce Timm as the matter of fact said he loved what Nolan did to Batman.

Rises is Returns and Begins is Year One, so Nolan decide to take Miller concept of Batman being a normal human, is pretty much Millerverse without Crazy Steve, Holly Robinson is in the movie, using other name for some reason but is still pert of the third movie, Flass was in the first movie, Batman saves Gordon Jr. froma fall like he did in Year One.

TDK Trilogy pretty much does the same that Morrison, it takes several thing from the Batman Mythos and put them in there, The Joker is using the same mask Tha Romero Joker used in his first episode.

Tim Burton

The Christopher Nolan movie I thought was actually really good. He really captured the ‘real’ spirit that these kind of movies are supposed to have nowadays. When I did BATMAN 20 years ago, in 1988 or something, it was a different time in comic book movies. You couldn't go into that ‘dark side’ of comics yet. The last couple of years that has become acceptable and Nolan certainly got more to the root of what the Batman comics are about.”

Adam West

To me, it's an interesting idea because Batman – the character, the legend, the extension of it over all these years – it lends itself to different machinations, layers, different time zones – anything. You could really pretty much mold Batman. He's malleable, welcome and always interesting. They [Christopher Nolan] do The Dark Knight, and I did The Bright Knight. Ours was fun for the whole family.

Micheal Keaton.

I've only seen a little piece [of the sequels] here and there since I finished mine, not for any reason except that I didn't have any real interest. The reason they weren't interesting was the reason I didn't want to do them anymore. I read the script [for "Batman Forever"]. I wasn't into it. But how I wanted to do the third one is what they did in ["Batman Begins"]. I read an article about how they were going about it and I said, "That's exactly what I thought should be done." [Christopher Nolan] is so good and [Christian Bale] is so good. I really would like to see ["Batman Begins"]. I'm sure it's good and I'm sure ["The Dark Knight"] is going to be better.

It was awesome. It was so cool. It was so much work. Now it would be done so much more efficiently; that guy [Christopher Nolan, the director of the new Batman trilogy] is great, he’s really, really talented.

Joel Schumacher.

"I think what's very interesting about Batman and how brilliant Chris Nolan is is, if you look at the last Batman, ours were at a much simpler time,"Schumacher says. "Our job was to entertain the whole family. To make it fun and sell a lot of toys. It was a franchise. The last one is really about what we're going through, the extraordinary gap between the haves and the have-nots... I think right now the last Batman is very reflective of the times we're living in, which are scary times. I'm not a predictor of revolutions and I don't think there will be one in the United States, but there are the seeds of it. When you have too many poor and too many rich, those are the seeds of revolution."

“I think Chris Nolan is brilliant and I think Heath [Ledger] was extraordinary [in 'The Dark Knight.'],” he added. “Chris is a master and he’s so young, and god knows what’s coming from him now.”

Val Kilmer.

“They are doing what I hoped we would do, but didn’t do,”

“In the original film the Joker gets the hell kicked out of him and thrown off the bell tower. He suffers, and that sort of went away. Things became cute. It’s entertaining, but I think what they’re doing with the Batman films now is more in the original spirit of the character.”

Chris ODonell

"Its pretty good, a lot better that Batman and Robin HAHAHAHA...

Kevin Feinge you know from Marvel

“[T]he truth is I root for every single [superhero movie], whether it’s our movies or not, because while you and I know the difference between who publishes what, I’ve been in supermarket checkout lines where one of our characters is on the cover of a magazine, somebody says, ‘Is Green Lantern in the Avengers? Is Aquaman in that one too?’ People don’t know. So I want them all to be great. […] Chris Nolan’s Batman is the greatest thing that happened because it bolstered everything. Imagine the one-two punch in 2008 of ’Iron Man’ and ‘Dark Knight’? It was great. Six years earlier I was having conversations with studio execs where they’d say, ‘Why don’t you come work for us? These comic book movies can’t last forever. It’s probably towards the tail end.’ And I, being with big bright-eyed naiveté would go, ‘I don’t know, I think we can do more. I think there’s more fun to be had.’”

James Cameron:

"The last two Batman pictures — actually, they're the only two I can watch. i couldn't stand the other ones.

I don't want to throw anyone under the bus by name, I didn't like them. I didn't get them. But the last two films were spectacular."

Paul Thomas Anderson:

"I’ve never really been asked to do [big tentpole blockbusters]. You look at what Christopher Nolan did with Batman, that’s like the meeting of the highest level of artistic skill & a kind of commerciality and appeal to a wide range of people which is what anybody would want. It’s kind of unparalleled actually, and they don’t come to me with those. And that’s alright."_

Guillermo del Toro :

That ties into something else I was going to ask: do you think that blockbusters are perhaps a bit too cynical now? There's a bit too much soul-searching and darkness, perhaps?

Not at all. I think there's a certain examination of the superhero myth that is really, really beautiful when it's created by a genuinely creative filmmaker like Chris Nolan. Then it's really genuine. It's a little harder when you don't feel the cohesiveness within somebody's work.

To me, Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy is of a piece with Memento, or The Following, or Insomnia, or even The Prestige - you can feel the same hand. Sometimes I feel that some of the conventions of other summer entertainment, the darkness, is an affectation that is not of a piece with the rest of the work of the person who made it.

Nicholas Winding Refn:

'With Nolan you got a guy who came from a background like me and the studios gave him a possibility to make the dark knight movies, or batman movies, the bat movies ? ....... And A: made really good films, but also made movies that had a lot of substance, and the audience wants that, of course everybody wants that, and they should get it'

Wes Anderson:

"I enjoy Chris Nolan's work in general, but I watched the Blu-Ray and it has a thing where you can go to any scene in the movie and go to the making of that. There's nothing that has ever made me feel less like a professional than watching Chris Nolan's group at work. The remote-control miniature cars. Just every technique. The rehearsal of flipping the semi-trailer end over end in the middle of the desert before they blow it up in Chicago... There's one scene where a guy jumps off the top of a skyscraper — they rehearse the jump but for the actual thing they did it CG. 'But for the rehearsal you did jump off the building?' 'We have it as a reference.' Wow. Chris Nolan is quite great. My favourite is Memento, but I'd like to learn how to do these things."

Werner Herzog:

In a way, I was totally astonished by The Dark Knight because, on the one hand, it’s a huge, mainstream movie. But it also astonished me at how dark it was, as though it was a premonition of something coming at us. I went to see the film, and ran into Christian Bale, which was the only reason I saw the film: I wanted to see how Christian was doing, because I so love that man, as an actor. I ran into Christian and (director) Christopher Nolan, and said to Nolan ‘Congratulations, this is the most significant film of the whole year.’ He thought I was kind of making it up, or joking. And I said ‘No, no, no! This is a film of real substance. It doesn’t matter if it’s mainstream or not.’ And it’s wonderful that he made the film the way he did.

Paul Greengrass:

"There have been a round of movies that haven't worked lately, but it's not so long ago that we were feasting on Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises," he said. "You can't expect that every one of these films will be a Dark Knight Rises or an Inception or a Bourne."

Steven Spielberg:

"The Chris Nolan Batman film are arts films very succesful well told stories, but also with beautiful visual art."

Bruce Timm:

I really like The Dark Knight, and even Tim Burton’s Batman films as well, maybe the first more so than the second. I love what Nolan did but I also still enjoy what Burton did.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In batman beyond, i've never seen the show i prefer batman: the animated series maybe a generational thing, but in batman beyond he is like 90 when he retired. in frank millers dark knight returns he retires at like 60 or 70. in christopher nolans "batman" he is a batman for a couple years and then retires? I don't mind interpretations but i don't know who that character. where is the drive to fight crime?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear said:

In batman beyond, i've never seen the show i prefer batman: the animated series maybe a generational thing, but in batman beyond he is like 90 when he retired. in frank millers dark knight returns he retires at like 60 or 70. in christopher nolans "batman" he is a batman for a couple years and then retires? I don't mind interpretations but i don't know who that character. where is the drive to fight crime?

In Returns he is in his 50s actually, the idea is that being Batman destroy his body and he looks indredibly old, his body is so destroyed for being Batman he has to use cyborg arms to help himself to keep going.

Also that beyond Batman is based on Clint Eastwood, dont mean they have the same age.

Dude being full time Batman like Gordon explains when say he didnt go, would destroy the body of any person in years, no one would be Batman for a decade, worst the whole idea that you could be Batman for decades is ridiculous, it works in the comics, but in movies without magic or sci fi medical attention, dont work.

Once a person put here his theory that the Batcave used to be a Lazarus Pit, to explain how he is still alive, because even for the comics he has taken more damage that other characters.

The new 52 is playing with it all hapened in 5 years after they notice Green Arrow and Batman cant last as much as the rest of heroes, beside the point in TDK he is not getting medical attention after facing the Scarecrow and he is investigating The Joker and Harvey Dent, then he gets stab by The Joker, falls from a building, then not long after that he get to face The Joker and crash in the Batpod, he keep going without getting any medical help, fight the swat, The Joker beat the crap out of him with a crowbar, gets shot and falls from another bulding so he can save Gordon Jr.

Are you telling me he has no drive?

Batman has retired hismelf in the comics, i dont get why people get such a big deal for the fact the movies decide to take a direction the comics did.

Also Rises = TDKR, Returns = TDKR is obvious you need to retire The Joker and change things, since Heath died, not only that Bane look like a mix of Hush, Bane and the Mutant Leader, also Catwoman was part of Year One and Returns, beside the point the Robin from Returns wasnt Dick Grayson and not many people know there used to be female Robins.

I think the biggest mistake this movie did, was to put Talia in it.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: those are a lot of nice interpretations about the motives. But it's not like all that goes away when you lose your mother's pearls. I mean, if the real reasons to retire are the ones you said, wouldn't it be a little childish to dress again as a giant bat just because you want to find a personal belonging?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: He didnt, he did that for Bane, if you see he talks with Selina as Bruce Wayne most of the time.

Not only that, i think he is only Batman with her, when she is Catwoman.

He ask her for the pearl as Bruce Wayne, not as Batman, he see her again when he was back at Gotham as Bruce Wayne.

Besides he never hides himself of who he is around her, even he is palying with her about Batman.

This movies point Bruce Wayne being the real person and that Selina Kyle is the real person, to me that is the thing that really pisses people off, since it make Batman looks less psychotic and for the same less obsessed, that is what people belive is being driven into their mission.

I mean the idea is that Batman is a hero and Catwoman an antiheroine, still heroes, heroes have to be more that us, be better that us, besides during a point of Batman mythos where Batman was totally insane and pretty much an antihero in the line to be a villain, even when Kingdome Come get in here to stop this, this is still the most popular intepretation of Batman.

I mean Sergio Aragonez made a joke about this a long time ago.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MatteoPG
    CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CuddleBear

@deathpoolthet1000 Ray Lewis played 17 years in the NFL you telling me the peak human bruce wayne can only hack 2 or 3 years as batman? he doesn't retire in the comics after a couple years and i do have problems with frank miller's TDKR but its still a cool story just like nolans TDKRises. just not what i think batman is especially nolan. i did not question the nolan batman drive until TDKR when he put on a magical knee brace and was batman all of sudden. really? there was 8 years of criminals going unpunished.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: The Knee brace is a reference to the body armour he uses in Batman Beyond, Returns and Kingdome Come.

Ray Lewis played game by seasons and he didnt decide to go there and being attack with guns, dogs, crowbars, cars and other things, if Bruce Wayne was Batman full time for 2 years, he was Batman around 400 to 600 days, since you have to belive he take some time off.

16 Season games.

4 Pre Seasons game.

3 Game Pre Super Bowl

The Super Bowl

24 games by year.

24+17 = 408 games.

But you have to face the take longer vacations that Batman and was for a longer time span.

Besides the fact he get medical attention right away every time something bad happened to him.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 You didn't count all the full contact practices. he also played and had full contact practices before the NFL. and football players play through injuries. ray lewis also is not wearing 300 million dollar body armor. Batman doesn't take a night off he is patrolling every night. TDKR is ruining batman. batman is not a hobby for bruce wayne. it is a psychotic obession. he would not sit around for 8 years. i disagree with batman beyond and frank miller on that... but at least they made him old

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: He say to Jason it wasnt a crime to take one night off and take the night ot be his father.

Also, this whole Batman is insane, made him a terrible character, why i should care aything he does or why he does it, if he is pyshotic that is all the explanation i need.

Yeah, but i dont belive he got poison, put on fire and fall from a building, like Batman did in Begins, besides the fact every time he got hurt he had medical attention, Batman dont.

Also like i had said, several times, Bruce Wayne has retired from being Batman, Golden Age Batman retired and let Dick to be Batman.

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DRUDOX19

Well the thing is would it be weird if Superman after being superman the same period has nolan's batman just said screw it I am done being superman cause Brainaic killed Lana Lang. Now how off would that be matter a fact that would be way off cause we know Superman is a character that always want's to help. So for example Superman appears that creates esculation cause now the US goverment lets say create monsters and freak accidents to kill superman like Cadmus Labs and such. Here's the difference between Batman and Superman, with superman a villain like Brainaic would have found earth regardless even if superman wasnt there ( this is why I laugh when people say Superman caused too much damage he shouldnt be on earth after MOS argument when they forget his alien villains would have found earth eventuall thats another rant) Batman its different in many ways batman appearance inspired a lot of his villains and I thought wow Nolan out of any director of batman finally figured out that connection.

After the DK to have that theme of esculation which is important to batman thrown out just seems kinda what, plus Nolan originally wanting to end the series with TDK leaves me to suspect he didn't want to do the Dark Knight Rises. I guess he changed his mind cause he didn't want anyone to change his universe.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 you lost me about not caring about psychopaths and being psychopathic making you an unintersting character. he doesn't retire in that short period of time. especially since apparently nothing was keeping him from the fight, the crusade when magic knee brace comes along. you may be able to cherry pick but overall this is not what the character of batman is. nolan wanted out of these movie so he did this for the check this should have never been done to batman.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

MY biggest gripe with Nolans' series was the atmosphere or more specifically, Gotham City didn't 'feel' like Gotham at all. I get the direction he was going with (realism), but how can you expect to expand the greater DC universe if you wanted it to be grounded in reality? All it'll do is create constrictions for expanding the universe as reality is bound to collide with the fantastical element of the comics universe... I actually didn't mind Batman Begins' setting and the overall tone of that movie (that fear gas making Batman look freaky as hell was awesome)... but since the Dark Knight... it felt like another action movie with the protagonist wearing a bat-suit...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan problem is going against the traditions of comic book movies, he was going in another direction from what people did before him and he was still going in another direction when Marvel Cinematic Universe came out.

Nolan is not kissing your butt and doing what ever you want him to do, so he must be evil because of this.
    Nolan is not kissing your butt and doing what ever you want him to do, so he must be evil because of this.

So his movies dont fit the old same ideas and some people belive that anything new, means go against the spirit of the character, amazingly this people also belive that if things stay the same is going against the spirit of the character.

In other words Nolan movies arent Marvel Movie... SO THEY SUCKS!!!

This is what happens when DC goes Marvel, if you want Batman movies like this one, after they totally fail dont cry because it sucked!!!
    This is what happens when DC goes Marvel, if you want Batman movies like this one, after they totally fail dont cry because it sucked!!!

Since the Marvel Cinematic Universe came out, people blame Nolan for the fact we dont have a JL movie, because his Batman lived in a universe without superheroes, amazingly they never decide to blame Smallville (Who i blame, seriously they build it in the show and did nothing with it),Tim Burton, Joel Schumacher, Bryan Synger and Richard Donner, i mean the only live action Batman that lived in a world with other heroes was Adam West Batman, but no one would belive in JL since Bruce Lee dont need Superman, Batman and the others at his side to save the world, because he is Bruce Lee, all of them did the same that Nolan, but lets go an hate Nolan, because he is popular, so it mean he sucks, you hipsters!!!

For the last time, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is not the Star Wars of this generation, maybe is the Back To The Future of this generation.
    For the last time, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is not the Star Wars of this generation, maybe is the Back To The Future of this generation.

X Men were loved until Marvel Cinematic Universe came out, then people hate them so hard it makes no sense at all, First Class being one of the best movies i have seen and really smart into making several aspects of the comic book fit the cinematic universe, Magento original costume and helmet, the orginal colors of the X Men and thing that would look out of place during Synger watch, even when the X Men comcis have to be one of the most bizarre ones ever, X Men is so confusing and self contradictory that any change you make it makes sense, since they are the X Men.

I am sick and tired of the Cinematic Universe makes thing better, because its bullcrap, a bad movie its a bad movie, dont matter what!!!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I would have preferred it if Batman had remained active between TDK and TDKR, basically the movie implied that Batman was only really around for about 2 years then retired, at the time of TDKR Batman had been gone for 5 years, so he only solved 2 big cases in 7 years, how is that enough to get a statue? I know Gotham cops aside from Gordon suck but even a rookie detective probably has a better record than Nolan's Batman.

JonnoMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.