Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

[No Spoil] Batman Arkham Origins Review

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I've only been playing for a few hours now but I thought it might be interesting for you to know a little bit more about this game and decide (if you aren't sure already) rather you want to buy it or not (but you should). The thing is : there are a few "buts". This is totally spoiler free.

For the ones of you who played the two previous games, you'll only need a few minutes to see that Rocksteady isn't in charge. The controls are steel the same (and it feels good :D), the menu on the opposite is quite different. I'm not talking about the main one, only about the "select button" with the maps, riddles and so on (like in Arkham Asylum/City), and I do find it quite disturbing, as an example, you can't just upgrade anything you want, there'll be a "chain" (don't know if it's the right term) meaning : to upgrade B you will first have to upgrade A. But sometimes you won't be able to upgrade A because you will have to achieve a few challenges. This challenges are in a big list called the Dark Knight System, it regroups many many many challenges (and i'm still not done with the many but they are actually pretty easy, the "Make a Double Elimination" type.

What else... Oh yes, I play in Hard Difficulty, I've done so with Arkham Asylum and City and I don't remember it being so hard. Just a few punches and you're done. That's why the first thing to do will be to upgrade the armor. Until now I haven't seen the existence of true riddles. There are Nigma's challenges of course but there isn't any where you have to scan something. I think it's quite sad because I enjoyed these a lot.

Now, I hope I'm very wrong on this one but I thought ALL of Gotham will be available, sadly.. no it won't. Second bad thing is that there are still no citizens in the city, only thugs and SWAT/GCPD which doesn't make a huge difference because they act the same. So you still feel a bit alone in this huge map (yes it's still big). All the main gadgets are available right from the beginning (Batarang, Explosive Gel, Bat-Claw...) so I don't really know what I will find next.

Don't get me wrong, for all I've played I love this game, the gameplay is fluid, flying in the city is still pretty enjoyable and by the way, I don't want to make it a big deal but remember in Arkham City when you call Alfred so he can send you "fast grapple gun" to fly even after you've reached a surface. Well Alfred says in AC that it is JUST a prototype, so why the hell is it present now ? On the other hand I prefer it that way than "totally rational policy and it would take hours to go from on end to the other end of the map".

The game isn't out yet so I've tried the Online mode but didn't have the chance to find anybody :p

The few friends who I've been playing with enjoyed that a lot : the cinematic are very cool but also too much present, I feel like Call Of Duty Story mode (big exaggeration here) where each three feet you walk something really cool happens but you don't really feel like you're responsible for it. I found the same problem in the last few Assassin's Creed. The game feels too much like a movie. I'll say it again, my friends found that really cool. And it's a minor problem compared to all the good things in this game. Because it is a great game, and WB managed to make you feel like you're the Dark Knight.

This isn't really a review it's more like a small preview. If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You'll definitely be getting new toys, but given this is spoiler free, I won't discuss them. As for the citizens, that's why they chose Christmas Eve: Everybody's home with their families, and specifically in the neighborhoods you're in, the streets aren't safe for anyone other than criminals, Batman, and cops, what with everyone gunning for him or taking advantage of the situation to commit other crimes.

This is Gotham, remember. There's no curfew, but you always want to be home before the night shift.

As for the fast grapple gun, I explain it like this: At this point in Batman's career, he's jury rigging stuff together however he can. Look at his armor: it's a bunch of plates and mesh, not the cohesive design we see in Asylum and City. He doesn't have the pull yet to get stuff custom made, so he's throwing together whatever he can to make something that works. This career's over to the fast grapple gun: He needs to get around quickly, especially tonight, so he makes a fairly rudimentary upgrade for his grapnel.

The Fast Grapnel in AO works by punching through the target, then dragging the line like a saw through the object to pull Batman up. Obviously, this is fairly damaging to the structures he's punching through, like the many gargoyles around Gotham, potentially resulting in them breaking later on and hitting passersby, hence why he stops using it after AO. By the time of AC, he's finally got a safer, more workable version of the same thing due to technological advancement: It latches onto something normally, and then simply pulls in the cable, which it can do due to the tech for such a device getting smaller with time.

Thus, you've got the Fast Grapnel in AO, and yet it's still a working prototype in AC.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's actually a good explanation even if I don't think the Devs thought about it.

Kangaxx_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the review. I've seen some other favorable reviews, so it looks pretty good. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking, and there may be some rough edges here and there, but I really love AA and AC, so this'll tide me over while we wait for the next game from Rocksteady.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Russcovito

@kangaxx_54

Yes exactly !

@toplel

While it isn't as good as in AC, the soundtrack is still awesome, feels a lot like a mix between Nolan's Hanz Zimmer and AC's soundtrack if I might say so.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FatihBATMAN

nice

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cant wait.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My fellow gamers, I've just been the victim of a huge nasty glitch. I think you must know so it doesn't happens to you. When you'll be in the Sewer.. come on this isn't spoil there always is a sewer in theses games. So, as I was saying, in the sewer. You''ll fly down to a platform and once you've kicked all the bad guys' buts you'll activate the elevator, the platform will go up. And then.. KABAM, I am in a world beneath the map, where I can fly indefinitely. First few seconds it's cool, then it becomes very creepy. So I think, let's reload the last checkpoint, but the game save itself a this moment. So I was blocked, I did quit the game, just so you know try again. And when I push History, there is only "New Game". Saying "Are you sure you want to erase the existing data ? But I have no choice because there is no "Continue". So I was totally screwed had to start the game all over again. But I had all my gadgets. I had the medals in the Training mod but I what I didn't have was the Riddlers camera destroyed. So be very careful, maybe I made the wrong move or something.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Man this is gonna be awesome.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Interesting to hear a user opinion of it.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just please tell me

Is Killer croc in it?

The answer is YES

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Ninjablade09

@russcovito said:
    @theacidskull said:

Just please tell me

Is Killer croc in it?

The answer is YES

BIG OLD BATS IS FALLING DOWN! I'M SO HAPPYYY!Is is just a cameo or an actual boss fight? :DDD!

Boss fight first one in the game.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russcovito said:
    @theacidskull said:

Just please tell me

Is Killer croc in it?

The answer is YES

BIG OLD BATS IS FALLING DOWN! I'M SO HAPPYYY!Is is just a cameo or an actual boss fight? :DDD!

Boss fight. He's a lot smaller and has a new design though.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Russcovito

What's written above is right, just finished the game and oh boy it's great, the game is not as good as the last one but the Story might be. Really if you own an Xbox or a Playstaton, if you are on this site (and you are cuz' you're reading this). You should really buy it. It's awesooooome.

Guess whose name I read on the credits ? Check out the Chief Creative Officer and the Co-Publisher,

No Caption Provided

That's right !!! Geoff Johns and Jim Lee ! No wonder the game is so good :)

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh... ok, still, feels good to read those names after a great game like this one :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

It's awesome so far.. I just started though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.