Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23637 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

NIGHT OF OWLS... What issues have owls BEFORE crossover??

ethanrjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ethanrjc

Let me first explain that I jumped on the normal Batman title at issue 5, and have since become very interested in the whole OWL thing. Since my LCS doesnt have the first few issues, I've been waiting to get my hands on Batman Vol 1: Court of Owls... and I cant wait!! The hardcover comes out just in time for me to read before I pick up the whole Night of Owls crossover.

Before the crossover even starts, I just have a few questions...

I understand Batman 1-7 has owl stuff leading up to the crossover, so would Nightwing issues 1-7 also have important stuff regarding Owls??

And since the majority of the announced titles that have to do with the crossover are issue 9's, would it also be worth it for me to pick up all of the issue 8's? Would the issue 8's contain prequel-like info leading up to the Owls?

I am just really interested in getting the whole Night of Owls shebang, and want to collect any prequel like issues to the actual crossover... I dont wanna skip a beat.

The announced 12 main titles are Batman 8, Nightwing 8, Batman 9, Nightwing 9, Batgirl 9, Birds of Prey 9, Batwing 9, Redhood and the Outlaws 9, All-star Western 9, Batman and Robin 9, Batman Dark Knight 9.... and I think Im missing one of them lol... Does anyone have a compiled list of everything with the crossover??

thanks!

EDIT: Okay the title missing was Catwoman, and then theres the Batman Annual #1. So... anyone know about all the issue 8's?

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By Fhiz

Batman and Nightwing 8 are the only issues that will probably have them prior.

I do know that based on the preview, Catwoman 8 will have Selina and Spark ripping off the Penguin, who is also the character they defend in issue 9 from one of the Talons, so there MIGHT be a transition there if I had to guess, but as of right now, in the other books, arcs have just been ending with a "Night of the Owls next issue" text line.

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By TheOptimist

In addition, your hunch is right that there are owl bits floating up in some of the others... refraining from heavy spoilers, Nightwing #1 to #7 have secretly been building another aspect of the Owls development... although glancing at #1 and #7 will give you all of the bullet point need to know pieces of info, I'd actually recommend reading 1 to 7 because they end up making a great to story. All-Star Western has also had hints of Owl related content. Batman and Nightwing are the only #8s that are directly linked to the event, a few of the others have been setting the scene for what was going to come in #9, but so far have mostly just allowed for some kind of context building. I'd encourage checking out the prior issue on one or two, purely for the enjoyability of the titles.

Also, the mythology of the Court has been built in secret for some time in many prior titles, including Gates of Gotham and Snyder's Detective run. They're both awesome, and I'd recommend them, but with the caveat that they aren't going to be essential to understanding the Night of the Owls.

Again, many mythology building pieces... but if you pick up the #8s for Nightwing and Batman, as well as the #9s for the rest (plus the annual) you should be more than set.

Batman will run from #8 to #11, in case you're wondering. Nightwing will be only #8 and #9, launching directly into a new storyline... as far as I know, everything else is just single issue (aside from All-Star Western, which appears to be comfortably maintaining the story somewhat longer...)

GuasonTF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By GuasonTF

i have read batman #1-4 and i like it so far the court of owls is awesome. i cant wait to read the crossovers and all western. Talons are kickass.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RyuHayabusa

@ethanrjc said:

Let me first explain that I jumped on the normal Batman title at issue 5, and have since become very interested in the whole OWL thing. Since my LCS doesnt have the first few issues, I've been waiting to get my hands on Batman Vol 1: Court of Owls... and I cant wait!! The hardcover comes out just in time for me to read before I pick up the whole Night of Owls crossover.

Before the crossover even starts, I just have a few questions...

I understand Batman 1-7 has owl stuff leading up to the crossover, so would Nightwing issues 1-7 also have important stuff regarding Owls??

The main Villain in Nightwing is also Talon. Pick up all issues of Nightwing.

And since the majority of the announced titles that have to do with the crossover are issue 9's, would it also be worth it for me to pick up all of the issue 8's? Would the issue 8's contain prequel-like info leading up to the Owls?

I am just really interested in getting the whole Night of Owls shebang, and want to collect any prequel like issues to the actual crossover... I dont wanna skip a beat.

First 8 issues of other titles have nothing to do with crossover. Talons will only appear in issue #9 of Batgirl, BOP, Batwing and other bat related titles.

The announced 12 main titles are Batman 8, Nightwing 8, Batman 9, Nightwing 9, Batgirl 9, Birds of Prey 9, Batwing 9, Redhood and the Outlaws 9, All-star Western 9, Batman and Robin 9, Batman Dark Knight 9.... and I think Im missing one of them lol... Does anyone have a compiled list of everything with the crossover??

Catwoman #9

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Funrush

Although I do not have it yet, and it does not have the logo at the top, I hear Red Hood #8 has Tim Drake warning Jason about the attack.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By htb106

i'd buy the eights anyway just incase

and i'm sure i saw a talon on the cover for all star western 11

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By kingjoeg

They also make a quick appearance in justice league 8.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.