New Dark Knight Rises Images Surface

• 143 results
Posted by G-Man (34459 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been a little quiet on the Dark Knight Rises news front. Most of the news has been about a certain other movie featuring a team of heroes. Some new images have been released. The Summer Movie Preview issue of Entertainment Weekly is on sale and there are some nice images inside.

Often, the problem with images like the one on the cover is because they are posed pictures, they don't manage to capture the feel you'll get when actually viewing the film. Thankfully the images from inside are better and do the characters and film justice.

Batman-News.com has posted those images but of course you'll want to run out and get the issue for yourself. Besides the obvious collectibility of the issue, any write up about it should also be worth checking out.

Here's the other pics:

== TEASER ==
Staff
#1 Edited by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome and first.

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh and second

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good to me. Can't wait!

#4 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane looks decent, hope he smashes everyone else to bits

#5 Posted by mattwing87 (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Bane is attacking the Stock Market. That would be awesome if he was a national terrorist in this film!

#6 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

can't stand the way the batsuit looks but catwoman is starting to grow on me even though they should have covered her face more because people would know who she was.

can't wait to see film though

#7 Posted by feargalr (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm my expectations for this movie continue to drop. Hopefully they'll be so low by the time the film comes around I'll be blown away :/

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Batsuit, but still not on board with the Catwoman look.  

Still thinking that Joseph Gordon Levitt's character's name is Dick Grayson.

#9 Posted by TheGeekCritique (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Shawn writes:

I don't... know. Even with the inside pic it looks like Catwoman's costume is a practical interpretation of a fictional reality. By crossing the line and making fantasy into reality, Catwoman suddenly looks out of place. Unlike the comic book world, wouldn't a female thief wear a mask, conceal her hair and try to hide her gender in case of detection? With this costume, Catwoman looks caught somewhere between fantasy and reality and satisfies neither extreme.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (20003 posts) - - Show Bio

@feargalr My sentiments exactly. Bane looks horrible, Catwoman looks horrible, Batman looks meh, and JGL seems to be in derp-mode. Are we sure he isn't playing a skinny Harvey Bullock?

#11 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Batman with an ipad up there? "Gotham can wait, I just got Angry Birds!"

#12 Posted by RatNose (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the look of Catwoman... The costume and the mask, espacially the mask, looks horrible cheap... I don't like Batman's cowl, either. Anyhow I'm looking forward to the movie. It's a bit hard for the real comic fan, but you can't have everything, right? At least Mr. Bale's hot xD

#13 Posted by TheGodofThunder (598 posts) - - Show Bio

@RatNose: I never liked his cowl. It closes around his mouth way too much.

#14 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

The catsuit that Catwoman is wearing is looking much better than what we first saw. That being said, the mask and weird headgear kind of ruins it.

#15 Posted by TheGodofThunder (598 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked the other movies, but something about this one just is off with this one. It is't getting me excited like the other ones.

#16 Posted by Billy Batson (58031 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane walking like a boss.
BB

#17 Posted by Inverno (13230 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that is more like it. Anne is really looking like Catwoman this time.

#18 Posted by Dernman (15128 posts) - - Show Bio

He's starting to show his age. Still don't like her as Catwoman.

#19 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

she is going to be the worst catwoman. not happy

#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (44428 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like from now on people will be saying "Bane broke the stock market!"

Staff
#21 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Why dont I like Anne as Catwoman?

#22 Posted by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane looks awesome. Great adaptation.

Staff
#23 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

That Batsuit looks further from Batman every time I see it. I'll continue to say that the Batman Begins costume should have stayed. I just can't see how this will be better than the first one or the second for that matter. And because it's the end I have a feeling something's going to happen that I'm not going to agree with.

#24 Posted by fables87 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with some that Catwoman and Bane look horrible!

#25 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

...is Batman using a ipad?

#26 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got a question. If Selena's hair is down wouldn't a strand left behind? All Batman has to do is find a strand of her, run a DNA match & bam take her down. Her costume is tacky. If you're a cat-burglar the last thing you want to do is have that much skin showing especially on your face. She'll wind up on World's Dumbest on Trutv.

#27 Posted by fables87 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

she is going to be the worst catwoman. not happy

I agree with you. All the movies I've seen her in don't make her a good fit.

#28 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

get that girl some goggles.

#29 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

smh. I don't get it.

#30 Posted by Wolverine0628 (398 posts) - - Show Bio

Who picked Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? Ugh. The rest of it looks awesome, though.

#31 Posted by NightFang (10070 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

It looks like from now on people will be saying "Bane broke the stock market!"

@mattwing87 said:

Looks like Bane is attacking the Stock Market. That would be awesome if he was a national terrorist in this film!

#32 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

hip on, hipsters

#33 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

Why dont I like Anne as Catwoman?

Join the club.

As for the costume, take away the silly-looking cat ears and I am ok with it.

#34 Posted by MrMazz (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane continues to look awesome. At first I was like he looks kinda dumb and cartoonish even for the Nolanverse but more I see on it the more I like it.

Did people not see Get Smart? Her once again in a tight super quasi spy mode again could be good.

#35 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

So that's Bane's plan in the film, to ruin the American economy. That fiend! As for Anne Hathaway, her lipstick is too red and she doesn't have the feline grace of other actresses to successfully portray Catwoman. And does Batman have an Ipad now? Perhaps it's a portable Batcomputer or something like that. As for my expectations for this film it looks OK but I'm not getting all hyped up about it.

#36 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego:

I like the look he's sporting in these images over his giant fur coat/bulletproof vest w/a baggy shirt look that he's had in most of the media leading up to this point. I mean, I think that Tom Hardy's gonna do a fantastic job regardless, but I've always thought Bane looked a bit goofy.

It's got nothing to do with the mask, it's just I feel like Bane in Nolan's universe would have to look a bit more authoritative to command the type power he does.

#37 Posted by Cooke76 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Her costume may be mildly ridiculous, but I think Hathaway's a decent choice for Catwoman. I mean, I wasn't on board with Bale as Batman, but he sure as hell surprised the heck out of me.

As for Bane, I'm sorry, but that outfit is even more stupid than Hathaway's, but in the completely opposite direction. It seems as if he's some sort of mercenary/terrorist in this movie, which is an idea that I like, but I just don't find any of his looks the least bit menacing at all. If anything, if I were a Gotham City citizen, I'd be concerned about the guy who needs his inhaler so bad he needs it strapped to his face. I would've preferred the second look they gave him for the Animated Series, personally, with all the black leather and metal studs. Now that was a truly disturbing outfit, especially for a show aimed at kids.

#38 Posted by BigPromise (35 posts) - - Show Bio

i am trying to be optimistic but ann shows the casting director should be shot and bane ugh idk in a perfect world Heath Ledger would be alive and would reprise the joker role for the sequel. Hey a man can dream how about a Worlds Finest movie 2015

#39 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!

I can't wait!:)

#40 Posted by BoyWander (318 posts) - - Show Bio

Originally I thought this'd be a great film, but then they cast Anne Hathaway... I don't like her because she isn't the type to play Catwoman. She's attractive, but not in the way Selena is in the comics. She's just kinda plain to be playing the role. I also think that Bane doesn't look menacing. I like him better as a masked wrestling drugged out monstrosity. He looks like a security guard to me.

#41 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Anne, just not for Catwoman, and the outfit looks terrible.

#42 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

So that last pic could definitely be Mark Walberg from Max Payne or even Jason Borne if you squint

I cant wait for this, Tom Hardy as Bane will be epic!!!

#43 Posted by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGeekCritique: Agreed. With Nolan's trilogy being embedded so much so into a real world, Hathaway looks ridiculously out of place. Her hair is loose, her costume doesn't look realistic for her profession and she's wearing thigh high, high heeled boots. That would be fine in any other superhero flick, but this is Nolan's 'verse, and it ain't cutting it.

#44 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

I still can't get past Catwoman's look. everything else LOOKS AWESOME!

#45 Posted by tis_blackwater (19 posts) - - Show Bio
@LordRequiem: well no movie is pefect i mean The Dark Knight was a great movie but it wasn't without it's flaws. 
#46 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

hip on, hipsters

#47 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGeekCritique said:

Shawn writes:

I don't... know. Even with the inside pic it looks like Catwoman's costume is a practical interpretation of a fictional reality. By crossing the line and making fantasy into reality, Catwoman suddenly looks out of place. Unlike the comic book world, wouldn't a female thief wear a mask, conceal her hair and try to hide her gender in case of detection? With this costume, Catwoman looks caught somewhere between fantasy and reality and satisfies neither extreme.

Well Said

#48 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce's robe says "TW" on it. He's wearing his father's robe instead of having one made for himself.

#49 Posted by sentryman555 (771 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm optimistic about catwoman. Never though heath ledger could pull off the joker but he ended up re-inventing the character! Not saying ann will do the same for catwoman but I think she will at least do a good portrayal.

#50 Posted by Darth Coleslaw (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Batman got early access to the Wii U.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.