Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

New Batman Show GCPD

luther22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By luther22

Now that Smallville is over DC doesn't have any live action shows, and Marvel is coming out with one (Hulk). When I heard that Green Lantern was coming out I wasn't thrilled, and being a huge Batman fan myself I wanted to see a live action Batman show. Of course a Batman show would not only have very large shoes to fill but the show would also require a very large budget. A actual Batman show therefore would be almost out of the question, but what about a show in Batman's world? A show like "Birds of Prey". I got to thinking and a show about the Gotham City Police could be really cool.

The show would be called GCPD (Gotham City Police Department) and it would focus mainly on the Police Detectives. The main characters would be Harvey Bullock and Renée Montoya but Commissioner James Gordon, Mcgonigle, and a few other notable police would also be recurring characters. Batman would only make cameos.

The show would be best if it took place right after Batman the animated series so that the audience would be familiar with what’s going on in the surroundings. The show would be a gritty, action filled, physiological thriller, and the show would have mysteries that the audience could reasonably figure out (not like when the answer is something that the audience has never seen). Also the show would be geared towards a more adult audience so that you can have deeper mysteries and more violence (but no sex ever).

Top 7 reasons why this show would work.

Marvel is currently coming out with a live action show.

There is currently no Batman show.

Everyone who watched Batman the animated series is now an adult or close to it.

The new Batman video game was a huge success.

The new Batman movie is highly anticipated.

Shows like CIA and Hawaii Five-O are successful.

And Batman is in more monthly comic book titles than anyone else.

Well that's my idea I hope you like it be sure to comment on it, and if enough people like it who knows maybe DC will notice.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By xerox_kitty

First, read Gotham Central :)

Second, I don't know how true this is, but according to Wiki:

In 2003, there were rumors that The WB Television Network was interested in producing a television series based on Gotham Central, but then decided against it, not wanting to create another Batman-related TV show so soon after the ratings failure of Birds of Prey. In an August 2006 interview with theAround Comics podcast, Brubaker confirmed these rumors, saying that he was told that many people at Warner Brothers loved the comic, and that if they hadn't had a moratorium on Batman TV shows, they "could have set up Gotham Central at WB in a heartbeat."

Shame. I'd have loved to see a Gotham Central show.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#2  Edited By Joygirl

I'd like to see someone do something with the Gotham High concept....

luther22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By luther22

@xerox_kitty: Yeah that's the kind of show I had wanted to see too.

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By desperado_

I don't understand this. You want a show about Batman's world, but not with the actual Batman? Why don't you guys just watch CSI and Gossip Girl and pretend that the settings are in Gotham. Problem solved.

superbatprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By superbatprime

So basically you want Gotham Central to be a tv series.

Which was pitched officially quite a while ago and got smoke bombed..

Also with the Powers pilot done (and reportedly pretty good) a police procedural show with superhero elements is already on the way, so sit tight for that.

It may not be Gotham but it's pretty much what you're talking about theme-wise (personally I can't wait).

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

@desperado_ said:

I don't understand this. You want a show about Batman's world, but not with the actual Batman? Why don't you guys just watch CSI and Gossip Girl and pretend that the settings are in Gotham. Problem solved.

HAHAHAHAHHA. This is greatness.

They're coming out with a CGI Batman show next year, be happy with that. BoP was out a couple of years ago and I watched two episodes of it and almost threw my laptop across the room.

Edit: from an article I just pulled

We've grown to love Batman: The Brave and the Bold, but its replacement as Cartoon Network's regular Batman show will definitely have a hard time growing on us.Beware the Batman, coming in 2013, features weirdly angular computer-animated artwork, plus a gun-toting Alfred. And instead of Robin, Batman's sidekick will be Katana, the female ninja from the Outsiders. Also, instead of the Joker, the show plans to use less well-known villains like Professor Pyg and the Circus of the Strange. The good news is, it's executive produced by Batman Beyond's Glen Murakami.

The other good news is, Cartoon Network's new "DC Nation" bloc also will include some stuff we're pretty sure we'll love, according to a presentation in Cannes, France by Warner Bros. Animation's Steve Register.

In addition to the Young Justice and Green Lantern cartoons, there'll be some claymation Batman shorts, created by the Aardman Animations folks (creators of Wallace and Gromit.) And there'll be Plastic Man shorts and Doom Patrol shorts. Plus a new series of shorts calledSuper Best Friends Forever, featuring Wonder Girl, Supergirl and Batgirl teaming up. Yes please! [Comics Beat and Comic Book Resources]

luther22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By luther22

@superbatprime: Sounds interesting. Can't wait.

luther22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By luther22

@ArturoCalaKayVee: That show sounds very weird, but I hope it turns out ok.

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By desperado_

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@desperado_ said:

HAHAHAHAHHA. This is greatness.

They're coming out with a CGI Batman show next year, be happy with that. BoP was out a couple of years ago and I watched two episodes of it and almost threw my laptop across the room.

Edit: from an article I just pulled

We've grown to love Batman: The Brave and the Bold, but its replacement as Cartoon Network's regular Batman show will definitely have a hard time growing on us.Beware the Batman, coming in 2013, features weirdly angular computer-animated artwork, plus a gun-toting Alfred. And instead of Robin, Batman's sidekick will be Katana, the female ninja from the Outsiders. Also, instead of the Joker, the show plans to use less well-known villains like Professor Pyg and the Circus of the Strange. The good news is, it's executive produced by Batman Beyond's Glen Murakami.

The other good news is, Cartoon Network's new "DC Nation" bloc also will include some stuff we're pretty sure we'll love, according to a presentation in Cannes, France by Warner Bros. Animation's Steve Register.

In addition to the Young Justice and Green Lantern cartoons, there'll be some claymation Batman shorts, created by the Aardman Animations folks (creators of Wallace and Gromit.) And there'll be Plastic Man shorts and Doom Patrol shorts. Plus a new series of shorts calledSuper Best Friends Forever, featuring Wonder Girl, Supergirl and Batgirl teaming up. Yes please! [Comics Beat and Comic Book Resources]

They are? Like a cartoon show or live action? What's BoP?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kidchipotle

@desperado_: The new Batman show coming out will be a CGI show, much like how Green Lantern is, except its going to be "dark" and "gritty."

Birds of Prey came out on WB11 about 10 years ago that featured Black Canary, Huntress, and Oracle in a run down Neo-Gotham post exile of Batman and Joker. It's absolutely horrible and only ran, surprisingly, for one season

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By desperado_

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@desperado_: The new Batman show coming out will be a CGI show, much like how Green Lantern is, except its going to be "dark" and "gritty."

Birds of Prey came out on WB11 about 10 years ago that featured Black Canary, Huntress, and Oracle in a run down Neo-Gotham post exile of Batman and Joker. It's absolutely horrible and only ran, surprisingly, for one season

So is it animated!?!!! haha Live action can have CGI.. I don't understand..

They made BOP? Good god...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ArturoCalaKayVee: CGI? Really? It works much better when just plain animation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

meh. I might watch it once in a while...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kidchipotle

@desperado_: @Deranged Midget: Apologies for the confusion. It's animated cgi ......like GL (the TV show). Haha. That's the best way I could describe it.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Lol I know what you meant, but I'm not a fan of that type of animation/art style ( call it what you will).

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kidchipotle

@Deranged Midget: The characters are designed REALLY strangely. It's a little freaky.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Yeah they're all extremely blocky looking with barely any detail. I'd rather have the team who work on Young Justice or the Under the Red Hood work on the new Batman show.

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By UrbanChill

Was the CGI animation confirmed ? if so i dont want to sound like a downer but that sounds horrible

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gravitypress

I want to see more Batman Beyond. Give Bruce a break for a bit.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Gambit1024

If they ever did make a GCPD show, Gordon should be the main character. I couldn't watch it otherwise.

luther22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By luther22

@UrbanChill: Agreed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.