New batman cartoon series coming in 2012 "beware the batman"

• 54 results
#1 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Warnerbros has announced there making a new batman cartoon series Called "beware the batman".Theres a title card that shows batman in the cgi animation in which he will appear for the show.It has alfred in the background holding gus and batman's "new" sidekick katana from the outsiders.It will also use lesser known villians from the batman comic series.Do you think this show will fail or become succesfull?

#2 Posted by ghost_runner (277 posts) - - Show Bio

fail, i doubt that they can match the original animated series

#3 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

fail, and here's why:

Batman TAS was dark and gritty

The Batman was different in style

Batman Brave and The Bold had lesser known heroes and villains

This really leaves no room for Beware The Batman, but a Batgirl series would still be cool.

#4 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the idea of CG-animated Batman. He looks so thin.

#5 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

bring back batman the animated series, and batman beyond

#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

So we have to say fail or win before or comment? okay

fail, we've only seen one image and people already compare it to TAS the bar is increadibly high and with the art even if well writtin (doubtful) show will fall flat

#7 Posted by blackwolf0925 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets do an anime version style of batman. I would like to hear people's response to this.

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds very Clone Wars, but still, it's hard to screw up a serious Batman show. 

#10 Posted by blackwolf0925 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

So it has, But I meant as a series see how that would turn out.

#11 Posted by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio

ENOUGH CGI animated shows. Am I the only one who actually likes the look of classic 2D cartooning? Hm? 

#12 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

ENOUGH CGI animated shows. Am I the only one who actually likes the look of classic 2D cartooning? Hm?

Count me in on the preferring 2d to 3d boat.

#13 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Nope i also prefer the 2D cartoons, CGI cartoons aren't usually as good

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33482 posts) - - Show Bio
Horrible  
#15 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Not really feeling the animation style.
#16 Posted by ARMIV2 (8546 posts) - - Show Bio

There must be an invisible set of utters on Batman somewhere that all of these producers keep finding in order to keep on milking him.

I say that this series is going to fail. I could be wrong, but I'm kinda hoping it does so that maybe these guys pushing these ideas will realize the potential in all of the other great characters that DC has at their disposal.

#17 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10883 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Clone Wars sucks since is CGI.

#18 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't we have a Batman show set in the same universe as Young Justice? Please?

#19 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11660 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
Horrible  
If this is what it's going to look like I will turn off my t.v even when I see the commercials for it.
#20 Posted by entropy_aegis (15324 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible animation YUCK.

#21 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

YES, PLEASE! I wish they would do like they did with the original Animated series' like Batman, Superman, Justice League, Static Shock, and Batman Beyond where they were all in the same "universe" and crossed over every once and a while.

I'd love to see a Justice League series that runs alongside Young Justice and focuses more on the League members instead of just cameos in YJ.
#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33482 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
@Gambit1024 said:

YES, PLEASE! I wish they would do like they did with the original Animated series' like Batman, Superman, Justice League, Static Shock, and Batman Beyond where they were all in the same "universe" and crossed over every once and a while. I'd love to see a Justice League series that runs alongside Young Justice and focuses more on the League members instead of just cameos in YJ.
I know right. It really wouldn't be that hard to do.
#23 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
@War Killer said:
@Gambit1024 said:

YES, PLEASE! I wish they would do like they did with the original Animated series' like Batman, Superman, Justice League, Static Shock, and Batman Beyond where they were all in the same "universe" and crossed over every once and a while. I'd love to see a Justice League series that runs alongside Young Justice and focuses more on the League members instead of just cameos in YJ.
I know right. It really wouldn't be that hard to do.
I know right? Plus in a JL show they could focus more on the League members like Batman, Superman, the Flash, ect personal lives like they do in YJ, like that one episode where it focused mainly on Aqualad when he went to visit Atlantis, or that epic scene where Alfred talked Bruce into playing basketball with Dick. Just those little things to show that there's more to these characters then simple dressing up in flashy costumes and punching badguys in the face all day.
#24 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Pass

#25 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

YES, PLEASE! I wish they would do like they did with the original Animated series' like Batman, Superman, Justice League, Static Shock, and Batman Beyond where they were all in the same "universe" and crossed over every once and a while. I'd love to see a Justice League series that runs alongside Young Justice and focuses more on the League members instead of just cameos in YJ.

For the love of God, yes! What DC and Marvel did in the 90's with their cartoons were incredible. Besides even if they did a JLA cartoon they can feature all the lesser-knowns they want. It'd be like Justice League Unlimited for this generation.

#26 Posted by War Killer (20213 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

@War Killer said:

@Gambit1024 said:

YES, PLEASE! I wish they would do like they did with the original Animated series' like Batman, Superman, Justice League, Static Shock, and Batman Beyond where they were all in the same "universe" and crossed over every once and a while. I'd love to see a Justice League series that runs alongside Young Justice and focuses more on the League members instead of just cameos in YJ.

For the love of God, yes! What DC and Marvel did in the 90's with their cartoons were incredible. Besides even if they did a JLA cartoon they can feature all the lesser-knowns they want. It'd be like Justice League Unlimited for this generation.

Exactly, like they did before in Justice League Unlimited with those episodes that focused on Booster Gold or the Atom! :D
#27 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Since YG takes place when Dick and Wally were Robin and KF, the JLA could have Booster and Ted Kord! :D

#28 Posted by victoriancuckoo (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I know anything with batman in it is more likely to generate a big success but I wish they would invest a little in some of their other characters.... Would love to see something around Wonder Woman or Hawkman.

#29 Posted by victoriancuckoo (228 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 too square or something
#30 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

The animation looks awful.

#31 Posted by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@JediXMan said:

Agreed. The original series was better than the current one.
#32 Posted by Billy Batson (58030 posts) - - Show Bio

meh
BB

#33 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I still could care less about this new Batman show, I mean seriously, how long is DC going to continue milking this character, I've been getting tired of seeing frickin Batman EVERYWHERE nowadays, seriously DC, howabout giving us a new Superman cartoon or Flash: The Animated Series?!?!???!? Instead of boring BATMAN all the time...

...and PLEASE, NO MORE CGI, that blasted animation's already ruining that new GL series, seriously i dunno WHAT THE HELL is going on in the minds of those DC execs nowadays...

-_-

#34 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@blackwolf0925 said:

Lets do an anime version style of batman. I would like to hear people's response to this.

Been done. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1117563/

Oh that "movie" is awesome and animated series in manga will be total AWESOMENESS

@JediXMan said:

No, you aren't , I don't like it neither ):P and with superheroes.... Not a good idea O_o (for my like)

@spiderbat87 said:

Horrible

Oh crap! now I'm not going to eat of the nausea that it gave me. This is one proof that with more time pass more horrible are the Batman's cartoons, I don't like too much the style of The Brave and The Bold, and dude this is even WORST when I say it really means VERY MUCH WORSE (I don't like it because is too much sixties for me :P and sixties weren't good times for Batman, in my opinion)

#35 Posted by PlaystationFanboy (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: I want an anime Batman series, not just an OVA.

#36 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10883 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@JediXMan said:

The show pass from having character development and being mature, to childish and senseless.

I mean Anakin was an amzing characters in the 2d seasons.

#37 Posted by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@JediXMan said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@JediXMan said:

The show pass from having character development and being mature, to childish and senseless.

And the fights were epic. Who didn't love the introduction to the ARCs in the second and third episodes?
#39 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: thats what its gonna look like what is dc to poor to afford good animation first green lantern gets bad animation now this

#40 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

bad idea

#41 Posted by moviegeek17 (1482 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it fails, i feel bad saying it but this doesn't seem like my kind of batman cartoon

#42 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10883 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@JediXMan said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@JediXMan said:

And the fights were epic. Who didn't love the introduction to the ARCs in the second and third episodes?

The Whole Anakin vs Ventress in Yavin 4 i think, the Episodes about Mace Windu.

I mean CGI Clone Wars is not even as good as Lego Star Wars, at least Lego Star Wars is funny.

#43 Posted by JediXMan (30647 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000

And let's not forget the one and only time General Grievous was actually epic:

#44 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwolf0925: Batman looks rad in 3 frames per second animation.

#45 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024:

What Marvel did in the nineties...No. DC in the other hand yes.

#46 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I am excited! It something new and a different take. I am all for different interpretations. And honestly with the whole CGI thing, I'm ok with that too. The technology is constantly improving so Im pretty sure we will get some smooth animation out of it. And if anyone's arguement that it is too childish, well guess what. It's a kids cartoon! I can't wait for it, and really judge it when it actually comes out.

#48 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: An optimist yay!

#49 Posted by batshrine (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Just being honest! I mean they have yet to fail when it comes to Batman. Why should they start now :-P

#50 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll watch the first few episodes, see what it's like. I've liked every Batman show since the Animated Series, and this show probably won't be nearly as bad as all the people on the internet claim it will be.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.