Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

New 52 lame batman

• 64 results
    HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

So........Johns ruined Batman for yet another person.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The banter between people on here is hilarious. Keyboard warriors master race.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By Bezza

..Is New 52 Batman really so lame? He's held his own in the Justice League stories...sure he isn't the invincible Batgod of previous stories, but this isn't a bad thing from where I am standing...

FireThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111: Well, it is the same reason why flash doesn't use his speed to beat his opponents as soon as he sees with his ridiculously awesome speed. If batman uses his brain to solve every issue of his allies, other heroes would look like nothing but henchman of Batman which will upset the reader. But I hate to see Batman as a punchbag. I mean, batman trained to become one of the best martial artist in the world and he couldn't block or hit hal jordan because Jordan is what??? an ex-boxer?? Come on!!!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

sure he isn't the invincible Batgod of previous stories, but this isn't a bad thing from where I am standing...

This is what upsets people.

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheBhramaBull

@punyparker said:

@bezza said:

sure he isn't the invincible Batgod of previous stories, but this isn't a bad thing from where I am standing...

Actually it's more upsetting to see things like:

He gets pick pocketed by Lex Luthor (seriously? no way that ever happens)

Lex can think to stop Dick's heart and then re-start it, but Bruce can't, even though that is a solution he should immediately think of (I'm pretty sure most people reading instantly thought of it, it was so obvious)

He has the most lazy, incompetent, half-arsed contingencies for the JL (this might work, maybe I could do something with this, you'll have to stop her Clark. This is one of the most paranoid and obsessive men on the planet, no way he would leave plans as important as these up to chance, if anything just don't have them, that would be better than him having what is basically guess work)

He acts like a child and demands that he be in charge to Lex's group of villains when a proper version of Batman would never be dumb enough to suggest that. (He would actually just go along with them while at the same time try to pull the strings without them realising it.)

etc

He doesn't have to be Batgod, Johns just writes him like trash, doesn't understand the character at all. Snyder makes him very human, but still does an incredible job with him.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

agreed. I mean I think it's stupid he isn't as awesome as pre-52, but I think we have to put into the scenerio that the new 52 is the new timeline so Batman has only been around a few years, not nearly as long as Batman was pre-52 which means he hasn't gotten his rep up to the way it was pre 52.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@elmohump said:

Geoff hates Batman.

Haters gonna hate the best. damn a hole geoff iss

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@bezza said:

agreed. I mean I think it's stupid he isn't as awesome as pre-52, but I think we have to put into the scenerio that the new 52 is the new timeline so Batman has only been around a few years, not nearly as long as Batman was pre-52 which means he hasn't gotten his rep up to the way it was pre 52.

Yep.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't have to be Batgod, Johns just writes him like trash, doesn't understand the character at all. Snyder makes him very human, but still does an incredible job with him.

I never defended Johns,i dont read JL or anything he writes that involve Batman.
    Snyder does a wonderful job.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Geoff Johns always ruins Batman. I can't wait until he stops writing justice league but that probably will never happen seeing as how he likes to control everything. Let an unbiased, decent writer control the big events from now on, instead of Johns who just does whatever he wants to which no one agrees with.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Yeah Geoff Johns always ruins Batman. I can't wait until he stops writing justice league but that probably will never happen seeing as how he likes to control everything. Let an unbiased, decent writer control the big events from now on, instead of Johns who just does whatever he wants to which no one agrees with.

I feel like Johns is the equivalent to Dan Slott. they both do terrible jobs at writing, love control, and will probably never give up their comic title.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw a scan here in the vine where he loses his hand, have a comic he meets his older self and he's minus a hand, so is this true or permanent?

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By algorhythm511

I really fail to see why it is so hard to write Batman in the JL. Pre-52, even before Morrison's run, he was on the team because of his ability to be a great tactical planner and his abductive/detective thinking skill. I always thought of him in more of a support role who was also out on the battle field (like a field commander). A well written Batman in JL:

1. Uses his ability to deduce enemies and artifacts and utilizes his resources (including the rest of the team) are his biggest contributions.
    2. Works with other people well and doesn't overshadow them. (i.e. Cyborg when building tech, or the Question when doing detective work.) The rest of the JL has contributed in planning along with Batman before. There is no real reason to dumb anyone down to make Batman "relevant" if you understand what Batman brings to the team.

IMHO, Tech skills, money and fighting abilities are secondary in a descending order.

This formula has worked extremely well long before Morrison, btw.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.