Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

New 52 Comics...?

JmzMc89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey

Are pretty much all of the Villains in the New 52 volumes? I have tried to read lists and been given instructions to which novels to read but I think the New 52 will be the best way forward? I don't want to miss anything or miss the villains coming into them.

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

new 52 is a reboot and in time to time there will be villains who come and villains who get lost in time... dr death was lost and rebooted in vol 5

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm not quite sure what you're asking

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jb681131

The new 52, like @arkhamace said, is a reboot. In a reboot you are not obliged to re-introduce all the previous characters/vilains. They have for some, but not all of them. But they also have introduced new characters/vilains.

And for the answer to "the New 52 will be the best way forward?", it's a way, the best I don't know. I also think that the new 52 have a lot of titles. It's hard to follow every things.

Then to miss nothing : look at every tpb that DC publishes and try to get them as they come out. You should read in order of publication.

If you want to focus only on Batman, the titles/books to read are : The Batman - Batman, the dark knight (it focuses on stories where batman is acting alone) - Detective Comics - Batman crossover titles (like Night of the owl) - Batman min-series (like Batman eternal).

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're asking have we seen all the villains Batman's ever had, or ever a majority of them, within the New 52 so far the answer is a definite no. However, we have seen many of the most well known villains, such as the Joker, Mr. Freeze, Two Face, the Riddler, etc. And it's just been with varying degrees of focus.

The New 52 is a sure way to get involved and understand what's going on without too much issue, but it's still itself fairly new and hasn't gone into much depth for most of the villains shown, so if you're looking for that you'd probably be better off reading the New 52 and picking up some older volumes as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.