New 52 Batman Respect Thread (redone)

#451 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio
#452 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#453 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting what I saw in Catwoman #18. No one man in the real life, can ever break a skidlid with one punch. It's just humanly impossibile.

#454 Posted by HushoftheWind (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS PAGE IS HUGE

#455 Posted by consolemaster001 (5670 posts) - - Show Bio
#456 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@alexander505: @hushofthewind: @consolemaster001: @stronger: more scans

Batman and Robin 19

Hacking S.H.A.D.E computers to find Frankenstein and the castle,where he was created.
Having a quick (not holding back) battle with Frankenstein and then defeat him with the electricity of the castle. Later dissect him to discover how he can resurrect his son.

#457 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#458 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks

#459 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@btmt @ccraft@drgnx @cameron83@lvenger@nefarious @fatihbatman @imthedamnbatman:more scans

Batman 19

Batman and Robin defeat the Reaper
Suspicious,Batman goes to Brian's house to investigate his strange suicide and face someone that looks just like him. Without seeing him,hit a batarang on his forehead and using the DNA that was in it to discover the real identity of the impostor: Basil Karlo,which can now became a perfect copy of any person (Batman installed facial recognition program in the lenses and his computers can analyze a DNA even it's deteriorated.
Suspicious,Bruce use some baits so Clayface would reveal himself

Batman Inc 8

Taking fatal hits in the Heretic and broke a sword his foot,despite being severely injured Bruce insist to be standing.

#460 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#461 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: you're welcome

Justice League 19

Batman already has contigency plans against his teammates
The Batcave has a similar security system of the White House (see JLA 2,Martian Manhunter back-up)
Putting some reason on his Superman and Wonder Woman,about their recent actions

#462 Edited by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman always the rational one and people call him insane.

@matchesmalone21: Thanks for uploading this. I'm no longer reading Justice League but its always nice to see Batman's feats outside the Batbooks.

#463 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

True. Why you stop read JL? Now it's getting better,

the characters are better characterized (except Superman), although some are self-contained stories have impact on other issues and moreover Geoff Johns is learning to write Batman. More scans outside the Batbooks...enjoy

Batman Inc 10

Sneak up on group of cops and dodging bullets,while jump off a window.

Batman: The dark Knight 19

Implanting a tracking device on his girlfriend,to ensure her safety.

Batwoman 19

Batman is considered a national level threat,by D.E.O.

Flash 19

Batman is using the Grid to track for the Dials (if you think in Dial H,that's right).

#464 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I didn't like Johns writing and still not liking the direction he's taking so I'll keep myself away from it until anything significant happens. But I have to admit Reis' Batman looks awesome.

#465 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I understand. Agreed Ivan Reis' art is wonderful and he could have a little more emphasis on DC, besides Batman, he also draws an awesome cyborg.

#466 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is just awesome

#467 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#468 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio
#469 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio
#470 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio
#471 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

nice feats.

#472 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

Detective Comics 20

Batman's most hardcore interrogation.
For the first time Batman underestimated an enemy,Emperor Penguin mutated himself to be able to kill Batman (mix Man-Bat serum,Poison Ivy chemicals and Venom). Emperor Penguin beats Bruce severely and despite his injuries Batman was still alive.
Oswald Cobblepot ''saves'' Bruce from being choked (Well Oswald says the Batsuit prevent that),after goes bersek and use various weapons,just to take him down.

#473 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a harsh beating. Layman is doing a reeally great job with the book, on of the best books of DC.

#474 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#475 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is great, thanks for all the scans. Keep up the good work!

#476 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@alexander505: @rolldestroyer: @outside_85:more scans

@moon_bat_87:Thanks a lot man and I'm glad that you liked!!!

Batman and Red Hood 20

Batman not only watch Gotham,but also some places around the world (Might be because R'as al ghul).
The Batplane has a cloaking device (which is really useful to go out in a large city and other places).
Red Hood and Batman versus terorists,Bruce punish severely one of them using electrical glove to fry his nerves.

#477 Edited by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice Job! Batman and Robin has been phenomenal for the last few issues, I'm waiting for the Batman and Nightwing team up..

#478 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#479 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the new scans :)

#480 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman 20

After being swallowed by Clayface he is able to hold his breath for 7 minutes (you can see in scans below thta he didn't pass out).

Without the batsuit,Bruce whistand Clayface blows and after being throw into a trash compactor,uses a prototype created by Lucius Fox to get free and despite never used quickly learned how to operate it.
In last attempt to stop Clayface,Bruce use a special suit that shoot hydrogen fluorite and electrical charges which proved to be useless (since Clayface evolved even more). As always he is prepared,so scheduled a special cell to hold Basil Karlo and could only be accessed with his DNA,which he no longer possesses and also was capable to keep his secret identity.

#481 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved that part :D

#482 Edited by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job again.

#483 Posted by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio
#484 Posted by Al_capOWN (534 posts) - - Show Bio

Im a bit confused, are you guys posting entire comic issues here?

#485 Posted by cameron83 (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

@al_capown: No just scans from comics.Some scans are longer than others.

#486 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@al_capown: No just scans from comics.Some scans are longer than others.

And the primary purpose is to establish feats and abilities.

#487 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: do you think the intruder in Justice League 19 could be Owlman, Bruce's so called brother? Or somehow, Damien...?

#488 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio
#489 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio
#490 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: this is a great thread, though I'm underwhelmed by Bats contingency for Wonder Woman, or lack thereof.

#491 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: It is because there isn't a weakness that can actually be exploited, we have to admit that these plans are more than just to incapacitate,so why he would use Kryptonite against Superman instead of red sun radiation?

#492 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3748 posts) - - Show Bio
#493 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio
#494 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3748 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: haha what I mean to say is, using the "empty case" as a manipulation measure. Martian Manhunter, Kyle or Hal, Superman and probably some others could really down Dianna if need be. So Batmans speech seemed more like manipulation than sincerity. I keep seeing perception about people loving the superman/batman comradary and while I agree it's nice, it's just not very Batman-ish if you will. I'm not a huge fan so idk much about Bats just saying it seems more like him to be cautious and clever as opposed to this "understandingly kind" type. Your thoughts?

I mean bats himself harmed Dianna with nerve strikes, while that's not "putting her down" it stands to reason with his prep skills he could poison her with anything and krypto-aerosol kal el to death if he really wanted... IMO

#495 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: Agreed. I believe he is manipulating Superman, for it may be his contingency's plan against Wonder Woman
and now she is a demigod as it is not susceptible to the same tactics,Batman used in the past....then she really has no weaknesses.

#496 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3748 posts) - - Show Bio
#497 Posted by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01:

Agreed.

I believe he is manipulating Superman, for it may be his

contingency's

plan against Wonder Woman

and now she is a demigod as it is not susceptible to the same tactics,Batman used in the past....

then she really has no weaknesses.

I think he want's Superman to think that he is the only contingency. There are other ways other than Superman to bring down Wonder Woman, such as hallucinogenic toxins or gases. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JLA:_Tower_of_Babel for examples. Not saying those are the best, but I am sure Batman has more than a single case of contingency plans. He is truly manipulating Superman here.

#498 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3748 posts) - - Show Bio
#499 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8833 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01:@moon_bat_87:I read Tower of Babel more than times,but it seems that you guys don't want to understand that she isn't susceptible to hallucinogens, mind control.....as the previous version,she can not be hurt by bladed weapons as before, can not be poisoned ... she's a demigod now, the few things shown to be able to hurt her is magic or a person with comparable level of strength.

#500 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01:@moon_bat_87:

I read Tower of Babel more than times,

but it seems that you guys don't want to understand that she isn't susceptible to

hallucinogens, mind control.....

as the previous version,

she can not be hurt by bladed weapons as before, can not be poisoned ... she's a demigod now, the few things shown to be able to hurt her is magic or a person with comparable level of strength.

- If Bruce were to use that "Batman Beyond" suit that he had in Batman 20, things would be incredibly interesting.

- Additionally, it seems that the Bruce v.s. Clark bit is no longer in question.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.