Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Need help buying Batman Arcs

Avatar image for celestialheroin
    celestialheroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By celestialheroin

Okay so im not an avid comic book buyer.I love batman and always find his stories very interesting.I know the basics of whats gone on between Batman RIP to now,But id like to read the actual story because supposedly its a very good read.So i was wondering if someone could help me get the right Trades,i was thinking

• Batman RIP
    • Battle for the Cowl
    • Batman:Reborn
    • Return of Bruce Wayne
    • And then the Court of Owls Trade when it comes out in may

Let me know if im missing something,or one of them i dont necessarily need

Zomboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Zomboid

Well, The Black Glove leads into RIP, so you might wanna add that. Also, if you're just focusing on Bruce Wayne, which it seems like you are, I guess you don't necessarily NEED Battle for the Cowl if you're not gonna check out any of the stuff that follows it (with Dick Grayson being Batman). However, I'd say still just read it simply for the sake of it, but that's up to you since you probably wanna watch your money with buying trades.

Avatar image for celestialheroin
    celestialheroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By celestialheroin

@Zomboid: Yeah i knew it didn't actually have Bruce Wayne in it,but i wasn't sure if it would still be necessary to the plot. I might still buy it and add the black glove.I gotta total up the costs and make a final decision.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Superguy0009e

i would recommend Batman and Robin (having Dick Batman and Damian Wayne is a good mix to Batman) and Black Mirror

ZeusTheMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZeusTheMoose

You definitely should check out the Black Mirror, one of the best Batman stories ever told.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.