Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Need help buying a truckload of comics

PrivatePhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I just got back from a 4 years break of reading comics, i.e. I had a girlfriend for 4 years and I really would love to catch up on the gotham city events

I looked up and there are now about 14 different comics that are happening in the batman universe but I would only like to read those that are happening at the same time and which events are related. like the fact that volume 3 for catwomen batman nigthwing etc all are related to death of the family.

so far the list that I compiled goes , like this:

batman

batwoman

batgirl

batman and robin

batwing

birds of prey

catwoman

nightwing

redhood and the outlaws

joker (which i think is a single issue or something)

talon

I also think that teen titan might be related to all that since red robin is there.

Am I missing something, is detective comics or batman the dark knight relating to those events.

thanks.

sorry for the bad english, french canadian here.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Welcome to Comic Vine!

I think that's the full list, except for one title you're missing: Batman Incorporated. To answer your questions, Detective Comics and Batman: The Dark Knight are (like plain old Batman) centered around just Batman, but I've heard The Dark Knight is pretty terrible. Justice League (obviously) features Batman as a main character. Teen Titans is the only comic with Red Robin as a main character, so it is widely considered a bat-book and was a part in Death of The Family. Also, Suicide Squad was in Death of the Family because Harley Quinn is a main character (along with Deadshot, another Gotham foe). As for the Joker question, DC is about to have a "Villain's Month" in which all of DC's most favorite villains get a single issue to lead up to the event series titled "Forever Evil." Joker is one of those villains, along with many other batman enemies (Issue 2 of Forever Evil is centered around Batman villains and titled "Arkham War").

Hope I could help!

PrivatePhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great so I need to add batman inc and suicide squad to get all that I need to what is happening in gotham "right now"

thanks

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Batwoman is unrelated to the other Batman Group titles, not participating in any crossovers or events, and hardly featuring any Batman characters.

However, it is brilliant, and I prefer it to Snyders Batman, so if you want a great comic based in Gotham, but not actually a Bat-Family title, I'd seriously recommend it. :)

Edited: Oh, there's a fight between Batwoman and Batman coming in October in #24. I don't know if it will affect other titles though. Seems unlikely.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman inc.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the Legends of the Dark Knight.

It doesn't follow the same timeline as the other bat-titles. it's often set in batman's earlier years. It's a grab bag of various artists and writers and can be hit or miss, but I find I enjoy it more often than not.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Inc. and Batman and Robin are best right now although Inc. will end soon. 'tec is good too. And Li'l Gotham is awesome.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: agreed. I love li'l Gotham. I read it to my son. I think he is too young to understand the stories but he seems to like the art.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: 11months. I do my best to do voices and keep it exciting. He seems to like the sound effects. When I finished the first story, he got upset when I put the comic away.

True story, when he was a day old I read him TDKR.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consolemaster001: I see. Yeah, it should be interesting to see how their skills compare.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breadspread: Awesome man! And you're son is now destined to be one of the biggest badasses in the universe.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@privatephil: Well Batman also appears on the Justice League, and you have no comics about Red Robin because he appears with the teen titans. You can add also Batman: The Dark Knight to get background information on vilains such as Scarecrow, Mad hatter and Clayface.. And now you can add Batman: Eternal and Batman & Robin: Eternal.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.