Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

My theory about Damian Wayne in the New 52 continuity

RadioHPedroS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, its no big news for anyone that DCs last reboot, the New 52, is pretty much a mess with its own continuity and timeline. One of the bigger issues is the mere existence of Batman and Talia's son, Damian Wayne. Its have been stated than Damian is 10 years old, while Bruce have been Batman for like 7 o 8 years. So that means that Bruce and Talia had sex before Bruce becoming Batman? How did they met? Where? When? Fuck! That's something that really rustle a lot of jimmies in me. But the i though of something, and a great and coherent theory flew trough my mind, one that can make this HUGE plot hole clear once and for all. Ready? Here we go:

I´ll star with the issue Batman: The Dark Knight #0. In this issue we are told the story about the young Bruce Wayne investigating and searching for the killer of his parents, the junkie Joe Chill, convinced that the murderes reason goes far beyond than just to steal a simple necklace. The story its all about Bruce Wayne before becoming Batman, without any kind of proper physical or mental training. Or that's what we think.

Lets just take a look at some of the amazing physical feats that young Bruce Wayne develops in this issue:

No Caption Provided

Almost breaking this dude's jaw.

No Caption Provided

Breaking a wooden door with just a simple kick.

And by far the most impressive of them all

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SoA

my theory was since damien is a test tube baby , he can be cloned or go through the same process . or the heretic atones for what he has done and takes damiens place as the future "dark" batman

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Damian was aged to 10 years just like Heretic aged into an adult or Bruce met Talia before he became Batman. Both situations are possible.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RDClip

No, it was just lack of planning on DC's part to create a timeline that makes sense. Eventually we'll get a crisis event that tries to fix it.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will explain it when they bring him back.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I thought he just aged a lot quicker than normal humans. I don't know why I think that though.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

Damian Wayne was 10 when he met Bruce. Aged regularly.

Bruce has been Batman for 5.5 years when DCnU launches and as of current is 7 years.

Accordingly Damian would have been born 6 months to a year before Bruce left Gotham to train.

Morrison shows Bruce and Talia's first meeting in Bat Inc... it doesn't work on any level.

Batman #21 Snyder messes up the timeline more by in Issue 0 Batman left on his journey 10 years ago where as in 21 it was 13 years ago and Damian was born in his third 3 of training. I don't consider this canon because it doesn't fit on many levels.

The best explanation for how all the facts could fit, but not canon, is that since Gotham's downfall has been planned for a long time and the Waynes were part of the "royalty" of Gotham Ras/Talia might have plotted to infiltrate Gotham through Bruce's children and so they produced Damian.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.