My Dark Knight Rises dream casting choices

Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
 
Shannyn Sossamon as Catwoman
 


Ben Kingsly as Mr. Freeze
#1 Posted by biggkeem89 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingsly would pull off a pretty intense Freeze. He can pull off ruthless and cold, with a bit of sadness.

#2 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's keep freeze out of it. He's not realistic enough for Nolan's universe. And the ice age destroyed the dinosaurs!

#3 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think shannon sossamon would be a good cat woman.... reminds me too much of haley berry

#4 Posted by War Killer (19484 posts) - - Show Bio
@Abnormally Warm Guy said:
" Let's keep freeze out of it. He's not realistic enough for Nolan's universe. And the ice age destroyed the dinosaurs! "
Whoever started the who'll "not realistic" trend is annoying the heck out of me. I mean really, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Clayface, Man-Bat, Killer Croc, all of these villains would be awesome in the movies. When I hear someone say, "they're not realistic" it sounds more like "too much work" to me. I mean come on, these villains are iconic, and with just a little imagination, they could be brought into this world Nolan has created it and can be freakin' wicked on the big screen.
#5 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Abnormally Warm Guy: 
I just sent this to Biggkeem89 in a pm but I think I'd like to post it here too. Lemme know what you think...
 
"honestly, I think they could make an entire movie out of Mr. Freeze being the main "bad guy." You know, his story is so great because the motivation for the illegal activity is love. Love for his wife that he would do anything to save. Even putting others in harm. I imagine if done right (which Nolan would) the audience would be quite torn over weather they wanted Batman to actually stop this man or not. So I could see a movie where Batman tries to bring him down for the first quarter-ish of the movie and then ultimately more tries to Save him than cuff him."
#6 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Larkin1388: @Larkin1388 said:
" i dont think shannon sossamon would be a good cat woman.... reminds me too much of haley berry "
I am quite thankful my brain won't let me on to how that comparison is even possible. Also..Are you speaking purely from the picture or have you seen some of Shannon Sossamon's body of work? Wristcutters (which is a great movie in general) shows how she can act the sweet and it's blatant that she can pull off Catwomans seductive side too. Idk, just sayin=P
#7 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

Ben Kingsley would be an awesome Freeze. scientist turned Mob hitman, because they hold her hostage. instead of the Freeze gun, have ice bullets. this would show Bats' detective side.

#8 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanary said:
" Ben Kingsley would be an awesome Freeze. scientist turned Mob hitman, because they hold her hostage. instead of the Freeze gun, have ice bullets. this would show Bats' detective side. "
Interesting. That could work. I was thinking something kiiiiiiiiiiiinnda like the ending of the first Spiderman movie where his wife's containment unit would fail in a fight between him and the Bat and she would be lost. Either it legitimately looked like Batman caused the damage or Mr. Freeze totally effed it up himself in the excitement , Mr Freeze would have an unending hatred for Batman (in the case of the fault being Freeze's this would of course be self preservation) essentially providing the possibility of him teaming up with other villains he might not have dealt with before in future releases.
 
As for the choice of weaponry. I think they could come up with a feasible  ice gun. Like essentially a high capacity supersoaker that freezes the water at a certain distance from the barrel. Ice grenades could be cool too. I loved seeing an entire hallway and a GCPD officer frozen inside in the animated show and comics. That shit is scary=P Ice bullets are just clear bullets at that point. But I see where you were going with the flaunting his detective side more=]
#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice choices.

#10 Posted by Loki9876 (2981 posts) - - Show Bio

ben kingsley as freeze is a very good choice but freeze is not ready for nolanverse.
(is it truth that nolan said the riddler is a boring character.)

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Abnormally Warm Guy said:
" Let's keep freeze out of it. He's not realistic enough for Nolan's universe. And the ice age destroyed the dinosaurs! "
Whoever started the who'll "not realistic" trend is annoying the heck out of me. I mean really, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Clayface, Man-Bat, Killer Croc, all of these villains would be awesome in the movies. When I hear someone say, "they're not realistic" it sounds more like "too much work" to me. I mean come on, these villains are iconic, and with just a little imagination, they could be brought into this world Nolan has created it and can be freakin' wicked on the big screen. "

WOW,you just read my mind.
#12 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

If you as me, Kingsly would make a pretty cool Mr. Freeze.

#13 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
@Abnormally Warm Guy:

 What is wrong with having Mr. Freeze, he's a great villain?
#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

Sorry for the lack of order,its basically arnold as bane,pierce as deathstroke,downey as deadshot and jolie as talia. 
in a league of assasins movie. 
i wanted to add shiva and bronze tiger as well,but i could'nt think of anyone.
#15 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
" If you as me, Kingsly would make a pretty cool Mr. Freeze. "
I see what you did there;D
#16 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said: 
 "Sorry for the lack of order,its basically arnold as bane,pierce as deathstroke,downey as deadshot and jolie as talia. in a league of assasins movie. i wanted to add shiva and bronze tiger as well,but i could'nt think of anyone. " 
 

 Hmmmm...idk about much of that. Pierce as Deathsroke could probably work. But nobody is going to think anything other than Iron Man if Downey does another superhero at this point and Arnold is just no. Not that I have a problem with the guy, I'd just rather it go to practically anyone else. And as far as Jolie goes...I'm probably on my own on this but I really don't care for her and I think we could do better. Maybe Ann Hathaway as Talia=P jk
#17 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke should be the next villain, he could brack Bane in two, just for the fact both of them are in the same Room.
Also Deadshot is a good idea











#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio
@thechessclub said:
" @entropy_aegis said:   "Sorry for the lack of order,its basically arnold as bane,pierce as deathstroke,downey as deadshot and jolie as talia. in a league of assasins movie. i wanted to add shiva and bronze tiger as well,but i could'nt think of anyone. "    Hmmmm...idk about much of that. Pierce as Deathsroke could probably work. But nobody is going to think anything other than Iron Man if Downey does another superhero at this point and Arnold is just no. Not that I have a problem with the guy, I'd just rather it go to practically anyone else. And as far as Jolie goes...I'm probably on my own on this but I really don't care for her and I think we could do better. Maybe Ann Hathaway as Talia=P jk "

Arnold was bane like in commando,i agree on downey,if not angelina then eva green for talia.
#19 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
" Deathstroke should be the next villain, he could break Bane in two, just for the fact both of them are in the same Room.
Also Deadshot is a good idea

"
Who is this supposed to be? I dig it. I just have no idea who it is=P
#20 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
" @thechessclub said:
" @entropy_aegis said:   "Sorry for the lack of order,its basically arnold as bane,pierce as deathstroke,downey as deadshot and jolie as talia. in a league of assasins movie. i wanted to add shiva and bronze tiger as well,but i could'nt think of anyone. "    Hmmmm...idk about much of that. Pierce as Deathsroke could probably work. But nobody is going to think anything other than Iron Man if Downey does another superhero at this point and Arnold is just no. Not that I have a problem with the guy, I'd just rather it go to practically anyone else. And as far as Jolie goes...I'm probably on my own on this but I really don't care for her and I think we could do better. Maybe Ann Hathaway as Talia=P jk "
Arnold was bane like in commando,i agree on downey,if not angelina then eva green for talia. "
I just don't think going with the most burly guy we can think of is the answer. I'd rather go with a smaller guy that looks like a ufc fighter and change the Venom formula in the movies to be more of a hidden strength. Like it injects kinetic energy or some shit so when he goes to punch Batman he does so lightning fast and with as much force. Idk. I just think that would be better. And I just looked up Eva Green. All I'm gonna say is I wish I hadn't=P
#21 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@thechessclub: Deathstroke in a redesigned costume.
Orange mask and orange suit.
#22 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

" @thechessclub said: "Pierce as Deathsroke could probably work. But nobody is going to think anything other than Iron Man if Downey does another superhero at this point and Arnold is just no. Not that I have a problem with the guy, I'd just rather it go to practically anyone else. And as far as Jolie goes...I'm probably on my own on this but I really don't care for her and I think we could do better. Maybe Ann Hathaway as Talia=P jk"
 
"Arnold was bane like in commando,i agree on downey,if not angelina then eva green for talia. "

 
 Ya know what? I take back what I said about Pierce probably being able to play Deathstroke. The cast as Deathstroke needs to mainly be chosen in the voice. And Pierce has more of a soft, comforting voice than anything. Deathstroke's voice needs to intimidate you in his confidence as a combatant. When he speaks, you need to be worrying WTF this guy is going to do next! The fact that he is fully masked will elevate this too. Fear of the unknown and all that jazz. I'd actually hope that if he was the main villain in a batman movie he will never have his id (or face for that matter) revealed. It's not really needed. And that would make it easier to cast a voice actor too=) 
#23 Posted by miki (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

great nice!

#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio
@thechessclub said:
" @entropy_aegis said:

" @thechessclub said: "Pierce as Deathsroke could probably work. But nobody is going to think anything other than Iron Man if Downey does another superhero at this point and Arnold is just no. Not that I have a problem with the guy, I'd just rather it go to practically anyone else. And as far as Jolie goes...I'm probably on my own on this but I really don't care for her and I think we could do better. Maybe Ann Hathaway as Talia=P jk"
 
"Arnold was bane like in commando,i agree on downey,if not angelina then eva green for talia. "

  Ya know what? I take back what I said about Pierce probably being able to play Deathstroke. The cast as Deathstroke needs to mainly be chosen in the voice. And Pierce has more of a soft, comforting voice than anything. Deathstroke's voice needs to intimidate you in his confidence as a combatant. When he speaks, you need to be worrying WTF this guy is going to do next! The fact that he is fully masked will elevate this too. Fear of the unknown and all that jazz. I'd actually hope that if he was the main villain in a batman movie he will never have his id (or face for that matter) revealed. It's not really needed. And that would make it easier to cast a voice actor too=)  "

There's always ron pearlman.
#25 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

I was sort of thinking Alan Rickman would make a good Mr. Freeze.

#26 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver Knight75 said:
" I was sort of thinking Alan Rickman would make a good Mr. Freeze. "
Yeah, Maybe. I'll put him down as second pick. Most of what I've seen him in has been more comedic roles, but I'm sure he does serious well too.
#27 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" Blake Lively as Silver St. Cloud



Bruce with his short time lover
"
Gee what brought her to mind *coughCarolFeriscough* I think we can do better than that. ;P
#29 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@thechessclub: no. actually i was having a great conversation with RazzaTazz about Gossip Girl through PM's. and I thought about this.
#30 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio
@thechessclub said:

" @entropy_aegis said:

" @thechessclub said: "Pierce as Deathsroke could probably work. But nobody is going to think anything other than Iron Man if Downey does another superhero at this point and Arnold is just no. Not that I have a problem with the guy, I'd just rather it go to practically anyone else. And as far as Jolie goes...I'm probably on my own on this but I really don't care for her and I think we could do better. Maybe Ann Hathaway as Talia=P jk"
 
"Arnold was bane like in commando,i agree on downey,if not angelina then eva green for talia. "

  Ya know what? I take back what I said about Pierce probably being able to play Deathstroke. The cast as Deathstroke needs to mainly be chosen in the voice. And Pierce has more of a soft, comforting voice than anything. Deathstroke's voice needs to intimidate you in his confidence as a combatant. When he speaks, you need to be worrying WTF this guy is going to do next! The fact that he is fully masked will elevate this too. Fear of the unknown and all that jazz. I'd actually hope that if he was the main villain in a batman movie he will never have his id (or face for that matter) revealed. It's not really needed. And that would make it easier to cast a voice actor too=)  "
 Deathstroke the Terminator: Robert Patrick or Tim Roth or Stephen Lang or Hugh Laurie
Even MacGuiver, Dean Richard Anderson, Strokeguiver, he will kill you, with some duck tapoe and papaerclips.
 
#31 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG she looks exactly like Catwoman. Nice picks! :)

#32 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@Renee said:

OMG she looks exactly like Catwoman. Nice picks! :)

Thanks! Yeah, If only I had Nolan's phone number a year ago=P

#33 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Dennis Quaid is a fine choice sir, if only you had a flux capacitor handy :l

#34 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renee said:
OMG she looks exactly like Catwoman. Nice picks! :)
I wonder if Adam Hughes uses a model similar, because it is a great choice for us Adam Hughes fans.
#35 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@Renee said:
OMG she looks exactly like Catwoman. Nice picks! :)
I wonder if Adam Hughes uses a model similar, because it is a great choice for us Adam Hughes fans.

Supposedly he uses Audrey Hepburn. You're all like "AAAAAaaahhhhhh" now, huh?=P

#36 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@thechessclub said:

@Silkcuts said:

@Renee said:
OMG she looks exactly like Catwoman. Nice picks! :)
I wonder if Adam Hughes uses a model similar, because it is a great choice for us Adam Hughes fans.

Supposedly he uses Audrey Hepburn. You're all like "AAAAAaaahhhhhh" now, huh?=P

^_^ 
I'll always admit when I learn something.
Cheers mate
#37 Posted by Joygirl (15369 posts) - - Show Bio

The one bit of this that actually interested me is "who for Deathstroke"... it definitely has to lay in the voice, but he has to be physically imposing as well. *five minutes elapse* I can't think of anyone but Ron Perlman. Put him in a suit and never show his fa-- HUGO WEAVING. Hugo Weaving as Deathstroke.

#38 Edited by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

The one bit of this that actually interested me is "who for Deathstroke"... it definitely has to lay in the voice, but he has to be physically imposing as well. *five minutes elapse* I can't think of anyone but Ron Perlman. Put him in a suit and never show his fa-- HUGO WEAVING. Hugo Weaving as Deathstroke.

OOOOOOoooooooooooooo...Hugo Weaving as Deathstrokes voice is DEFINITELY a possibility but in my opinion Ron Pearlman's physically imposing body might be a tad overdoing it. Deathstroke should have Michael Phelps' physique as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: Ya know what...I don't mean to typecast the dude...but what do you guys think of Josh Brolin as Slade/Deathstroke?

Sorry, I'm usually more original that this=P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.