Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23634 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

My animated Batman show pitch

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noj

After seeing the nonsense that is "Beware the Batman" it got me thinking about how I would do a animated Batman series RIGHT. Now keep in mind that these are just my opinions and you are perfectly free to disagree.

First of all I would call it "Batman and Robin"

The show would at first focus on Bruce Wayne and Tim Drake.

Tim is 15 at this point and has been Robin for around a year

Dick is Nightwing

In the first season we are introduced to classic villains and become familiar with the universe

There will be one or two Flashback episodes focused on Dick, and his time as the first Robin and his eventual transformation into Nightwing

22 episode season

Tim will have a flashback episode showing how he became Robin and alluding to the death of Jason Todd

First season ends with Arkham breakout

Second season has an ongoing plot about finding out who was behind the arkham bust

Eventually it is revealed to be the work of the Red Hood Jason Todd

Damian Wayne is introduced this season

Season 2 ends with a version of Under the Red Hood

Season Three's ongoing plot is a version of the Black Glove and RIP

Season Three ends with Batman's "death"

Season four begins with BAttle for the cowl three parter and at the end Dick becomes the New Batman and Damian is his Robin

Season four will be based off of Morrisons Batman and Robin run

Of course it could continue from here but I think thats enough for now. Of course this is very broad and open for interpretation, but I think a series like this would be amazing!

I would love to hear some of your own pitches and opinions!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

sounds like a lot of fun, i'll put up my idea in a bit

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

I like it a lot.

Here's mine:

• It's called "Legends of the Dark Knight"
    • The show stars Bruce Wayne and Tim Drake
    • The series premier will be a three part episode, showing how Tim becomes the third Robin
    • It will be for a more mature audience. Similar to Young Justice.
    • It will take place in the future of Young Justice. Same continuity, same Batman. Dick from YG grows up to be Nightwing.
    • There will be 22 eps. per season, with the season premiers and finales ending with three part episodes.
    • Each episode goes toward the "season mastermind" being revealed in the final episode(s) of the season.
    • The "season materminds" would range from Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Ra's Al Guhl, Hush, Red Hood to the series finale's secret mastermind, plotting the whole show since the very beginning.
    • The series mastermind will be the Joker, and the series finale would end in a 2 and a half hour animated film. The plot will be similar to the Arkham Asylum game, but will feature the death of an important character.
    • Supporting characters will include Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, Barbara Gordon (as Oracle), Nightwing, and Catwoman
    • There will be several "flashback" episodes touching on Year One, The Killing Joke, Death in the Family, etc. as well as "future" episodes touching on The Dark Knight Returns and Batman Beyond, as well as Damien Wayne as Batman.
    • Damien Wayne will not be introduced until much much later in the series. He will eventually replace Tim, and Tim will become Red Robin.
    • Guest stars will feature Superman, various members of the JLA, the Teen Titans, the Question, etc.
    noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By noj

@Gambit1024: Sounds really cool! I especially like the idea of using Young Justices established continuity

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

@noj: Thanks! I feel like Young Justice is really going somewhere and I wish they'd do something with it like what Marvel did with all their shows back in the 90's.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

@noj: @Gambit1024: I would watch the heck out of both of your shows!!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

heres my batman u tv shows

Batman: A bat show that keeps up with the comic at least in charecter status the first 3 episodes would be getting fans used to Damian before focussing on setting up the over all story meanwhil season 1 introduces Dick Grayson Babra gordon Tim Drake and Stephine brown before season 2 episode 1 introduces cassandra cain and the season 2 finale introduces Jason Todd (outlaws version) season 5 focusses on Batman inc season 6 is the final season with Dick Grayson becoming batman, Tim Drake changing to a better name than Red Robin, Cassandra cain directing Batman inc, and Barbra Gordon starting Birds of Prey(babs is in the wheel chair the whole time). number of Flashback or Flashback themed episodes in the series 7. Spin offs, Nightwing animated movie, Black Bat ongoing series, Red Robin five episode cartoon in full anime style (see afro samurai) that introduces the titans, Birds of Prey, Outsiders

The Dark Detective: adult swim Bruce wayne only. 12 episode show very dark and bloody. higher level of animation than most. main villian the Joker it coincides with batman

Blackbat: 3 seasons with the most seen supporting charecters being Dick Tim and Stephine vs league of assains. lady shiva is in the final 5 eppisodes starts about halfway through Batman

Nightwing: animated movie

Birds of Prey: 2 seasons. origional cast

Red Robin: 5 episodes teen rated establishing Tim as the best detective possibly in the world it briefly introduces the titans halfway through in episode 3. comes in around season 3 of Batman

Outsiders: 2 seasons. origional cast

Batman Beyond: Terry mcginis trained by damian. not connected to other shows 2 seasons

BATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BATPANEXE

Not a bad rough outline, finish the full episode descriptions, plots, and full concept and pitch it to them already, But if I may lend some advice? Remove this completely...

After seeing the nonsense that is "Beware the Batman" it got me thinking about how I would do a animated Batman series RIGHT. Now keep in mind that these are just my opinions and you are perfectly free to disagree.

First off, never insult the integrity of a company as large as WB when it comes to what they have done with their licenses and especially not WB. That's writing your own blacklist right there. Second, the people that work professionally do not care about opinions. These are your idea's. But you do have the the timetable correct.

Truthfully too, the pitch WB will be looking for is the one that takes up after Dark Knight Rises and tries to retain it's elements and gives immediate attention to the star characters in that.

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By DarkChris

My idea is: two shows about Batman and about a larger story!

The 1st show will be about Batman and his first days with Dick. It could be called "Batman, The Dark Knight Begins". Battles with familira foes, a more traditional show. The end would be the death of Batman. Except classic villains, we would be introduced to all Robins and Batman INC.

The second show would be about Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin. It would begin with the aftermath of Batman's death. We wouldn't know how Batman died (both shows would start the same time, they would have the same number of episodes). In the first season, we would see the adventures of the new dynamic duo, how INC affects their lives and the introduction of Leviathan. In the second season, we would see more of INC (their members), who their villains are and what relation the have with the Leviathan. Of course, some cameos from the first show would have full appearances in the second. It will end with the rebirth of Batman (around the same time, the episode with his death would be out). The would be Batman INC. or New Batman and Robin.

Bopper Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bopper Girl

Hey I posted a forum just like that. But wadabout the cast?

Avatar image for playstationfanboy
    PlaystationFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want a Batman anime series. Before you bring up Gotham Knight, I want an actual anime series, not an OVA.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.