Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23619 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Mr. Freez: Event worthy villain?

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HushoftheWind

I was watching old eps of Batman and Batman Beyond on the Hub and was still was most impressed how they handled Mr. Freeze among all the Batman villains. With all the hype of Joker in death of the family, i was hoping that one day that DC would give the villain a much needed media boost so that we can see a Mr.Freeze multi issue event. Although when reading the recent Death of the Family Batman issue, they kinda made Freeze look like a street thug when Batman went through to get to the Joker.

Any thoughts from you Viners on a Mr. Freeze focus event or media push for Mr. Freeze to be one of the rebooted Batman villains(please dont mention Batman and Robin, i know the trolls are gonna troll, but please contain yourselves).

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I think it could work if it were handled well. It would definitely be a nice change of pace, I suppose.

Avatar image for gothamsknight15
    GothamsKnight15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GothamsKnight15
    InfamousFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By InfamousFish

I would read it for sure. As Imagine_Man15 said, it would be a different pace.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#5  Edited By Teerack

I think it be "cool."

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HushoftheWind

honestly i think moving away from non super powered Batman rouges gallery in the rebooted films, and Freeze would be a great villain to start the new franchise.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By reignmaker

Snyder has mentioned that he's not done with Freeze yet.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis

@GothamsKnight15 said:

Give Victor a sad and twisted back story. I loved him in BATMAN ANNUAL #1 Introduces Mr. Freeze to the 'New 52'

Freeze has always been one dimensional,but there was potential after that annual though he has no hope of being anything interesting.@Reignmaker said:

Snyder has mentioned that he's not done with Freeze yet.

Snyder had him getting owned in a single panel,and in that same story he made it blatantly clear that Joker>Penguin,Two-Face,Riddler>everyone else,we all know that those guys are the most iconic but there was no need for the writer to make it so blatant and in your face.He just slapped the other villain right across the face.

Darknite365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Darknite365

Freeze has been showing up in spurts lately. I'd like to see a freeze story arc in Batman. A break from events would be good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.