Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

MoS2: What type of arsenal should Batman use?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

What type of arsenal should Batman use in the movie? And if he does fight Superman what should he use?

His battlesuit? the batplane? His endless amount of bat shaped throwing stars?

I'm not saying Batman will win, I just hope he puts up a hell of a fight! I think the fight will be similar to JL War, were Superman is just toying with him at first, but batman is giving it his all.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i hope he brings everything he has that way we get alot of veriety when it comes to special effects not just punching and explosions like in MoS

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

He needs an armor, a batplane, some batarangs, a red solar radition disco ball, his custome made utility belt lightsaber from BTBAB, a kryptonite missile, some bat-droids, a yellow ring, and two spoonfuls of sugar.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If funny that you ask, as I havent really thought about it. I hope he co-opts some Kryptonian tech, so it is more believable that his gadgets can shrink the massive gap between he and Supes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman only needed a small stick of kryptonite to beat superman in the batman/superman annual. Just saying

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deaditegonzo

@jayc1324: Of all the PIS in comic books, the was the P- I- and S- iest. Pak even contradicted his own self, let alone superior writers like Morrison.

I said make it believable, remember? ;)

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: How is it "PIS" when Superman has shown extreme weakness to Kryptonite in the New 52? What Morrison wrote is actually the outlier and thus "PIS."

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deaditegonzo

@papinacho said:

@deaditegonzo: How is it "PIS" when Superman has shown extreme weakness to Kryptonite in the New 52? What Morrison wrote is actually the outlier and thus "PIS."

Morrisons arc, when Superman fought Kryptonite Man, when Superman fought Metallo, even the first arc of Batman/Superman, etc. I cant think of any example that agrees with your premise, other than Batman/Superman Annual and the recent cross over with World's Finest (in which he had already been blown up before hand).

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PapiNacho

@deaditegonzo: When Superman collapsed from being the proximity of a kryptonite in JL ring, when Batman punched out Bizarro(genetic clone) with a Kryptonite ring, when Superman fought Kryptonite man and was losing badly until Steel saved him, when Earth 2 Batman had him rolling in the floor with pain from his K-shield etc.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: When Superman collapsed from being the proximity of a kryptonite in JL ring, when Batman punched out Bizarro(genetic clone) with a Kryptonite ring, when Superman fought Kryptonite man and was losing badly until Steel saved him, when Earth 2 Batman had him rolling in the floor with pain from his K-shield etc.

Umm, did you actually read the book? Superman was able to gank the Knite and toss it. Batman's Knite was even amplified, and based on Bruce's reaction it even seemed to calibrate to a higher level then he set it. But all that said, Superman was still quite superior in pure physicals, and then he pounded Batman's face in.

He puts up a really good fight against Knite Man considering pretty much everything was going wrong. Then it becomes just too much (and remember Knite Man is a Superman level being, not a normal human), and Steel does in fact save him, but after that Superman comes back in a lead suit WHICH GETS TORN, and still saves the day.

The Bizarro one is interesting, but I dont know exactly what we can take from it. He is a "failed" Superman clone. His vulnerability could in fact be greater, no telling.

The Knite Ring one is worthy of note, as it is even beyond what we see in the Annual. Seriously, if he reacted in the Annual like he did to the ring, he would have just gone comatose before a single blow was dealt. As whole, this just shows how extreme the inconsistency is of K-Nite.

Though there is one thing all the PIS showings have in common: Proximity to Batman. Lets put it this way: Metallo > Batman, Knite Man > Batman, the Whole Group of Baddies from Morrisons Arc > Batman, and yet Batman + Knite is more effective than any of the rest + Kryptonite, thats literally the definition of "Jobbing" which is the sincerest form of PIS.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ccraft

@deaditegonzo: There's gotta be some kryptonian weapons laying around, that would close the gap a little bit.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@deaditegonzo: There's gotta be some kryptonian weapons laying around, that would close the gap a little bit.

I agree. Honestly, with universe they set up, if Batman adds some Kryptonian tech to his repertoire, i'd buy it that he could hang. But if he just pulls out a little Knite crystal, im going to call BS. It would look just like Returns and Lex Luthor. Plus, this Superman already overcame a pretty big weakness when fighting the World Engine.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonic weapons and a miniture Kryptonian atmospheric generator. Let's try and be more creative than just Kryptonite.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Having kryptonite as the weapon that beats Superman would be lame, I like to see Batman do something cooler than that. Superman may have vulnerabilities in MoS, maybe a sonic type weapon, or any type of missile could have an effect on him.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: K-Man has never been even remotely close to Superman's level, hence Steel stalling him with his hammer. You saying that he is, is baseless. The Kryptonite shield wasn't stronger than Bruce thought (also it was powered up, because th actual shard was tiny not so it would have stronger effects than a huge chunk) , it was calibrated for E2 Superman. It did hurt him; so bad, Superman announced he no longer had to hold back and punched a non-fighting Batman several times without killing him. This Batman was stalemated by EP Batman, five years ago. In WF, it isn't a de-powered Supes, that was contained, it was an over powered one (like Power Girl previously had been) whose entire power is constrained by a one K-ring. The piece Batman used in the annual was far larger than a ring. This isn't PIS. The only straight up tanking of Kryptonite was when he beat the Kryptonite men in Morrison's run and that time you mentioned he fought Metallo (which admittedly I haven't read).

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PapiNacho

@ccraft: In all seriousness, I'm hoping for a red solar powered suit and a fully illuminated room which he drive the fight towards.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deaditegonzo

@papinacho: The part where he gets overcharged is after the detonation of a bomb that was meant to be capable of destroying Power Girl (roughly equivalent to Supes in durability). He was unconscious when Batman walks up and puts Knite in his face.

Kryptonite Man is still a high level Super Human. He isnt just a regular man with a brick of Kryptonite. He is a super powered being, literally powered by Kryptonite.

The Earth2 showing isnt bad at all. It is a shield amplified by that crazy crystal tech, for a far more powerful version of Superman, and yet Superman is still in condition to move faster than Batman can react and then crush his face. Which compared to the annual fight makes the annual fight look like a joke.

Its absolutely PIS, and absolutely jobbing.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ccraft

@papinacho: I keep hearing that Superman weakness is red son light, what is that exactly I haven't really read that in a comic yet. I guess it would really depend on if Superman will have the same weakness in MoS as the comic version does.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@papinacho: I keep hearing that Superman weakness is red son light, what is that exactly I haven't really read that in a comic yet. I guess it would really depend on if Superman will have the same weakness in MoS as the comic version does.

When done best, Red Sun radiation isnt a weakness, it simply doesnt charge him. But its varied throughout history from literally SHUTTING HIS POWERS OFF COMPLETELY, to just being a less potent version of Kryptonite.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I'm sure if DC wanted to implement that into MoS they could, the US government needs a way to contain Superman just in case so they get Lex or scientist to study Superman and create ideas on how to stop him, one being a red light room.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we sure how electricity affects Supes in this universe? High enough voltage could bring him down like in Secret Identity, I don't see why not.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@deaditegonzo: It's ridiculous how resistant Morrison's Superman is to Kryptonite...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazo Battle armor(Insider suit with a power source).

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deaditegonzo

@maccyd said:

@deaditegonzo: It's ridiculous how resistant Morrison's Superman is to Kryptonite...

I guess I agree with that sentiment. Why even call it a weakness at that point? Then again, its pretty consistent with Pre52. But for me, I think it was refreshing because its become a contrived crutch for bad plot. Used sparingly, it can actually lead to tense moments, but giving Batman access to the world's last kryptonite, and constantly using it to bolster Batman is lame, and its bad storytelling. If, as a writer, you feel you want to tell the story of Batman fighting Superman, tell it like it is. Lex Luthor: Man of Steel does an awesome job at showing that fight as it would really go down.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@papinacho said:

Morrisons arc, when Superman fought Kryptonite Man, when Superman fought Metallo, even the first arc of Batman/Superman, etc. I cant think of any example that agrees with your premise, other than Batman/Superman Annual and the recent cross over with World's Finest (in which he had already been blown up before hand).

Well, since you asked.

No Caption Provided

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@ccraft said:

@deaditegonzo: Having kryptonite as the weapon that beats Superman would be lame, I like to see Batman do something cooler than that. Superman may have vulnerabilities in MoS, maybe a sonic type weapon, or any type of missile could have an effect on him.

Why would it be stupid to have kryptonite as his weapon?It's the most effective thing against Superman and it also can be done to look cool and awesome in the movie.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see the introduction of the Krypto-9.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: kryptonite is just overused, that's why I hope we don't see it again in the cbm's.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Because it has literally always made for boring scenes and plots in the movies, and is a plot crutch for shabby writers in the comics. Part of what was amazing about Man of Steel, was that it wasnt a dumb glowing rock, and a normal human being, who was the antagonist, it was Supermans equal! Honestly, I cannot wrap my head around how anyone likes kryptonite. Its a rock, it makes him weaker, not a lot of visual drama or interesting directions that can go.

@saren: I wish I could write for comic books. In that one, I'd have the dialogue go like this:

Superman: Ugh! That's...

Cyborg: Yeah Superman, it's kryptonite!

S: No... Its... Batman's Ring... His Batforce... Still on it.

And Scene.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TDK_1997

@deaditegonzo: It may be a rock but it's one of the things that define Superman,not like a character or powers but it shows us his weakness and it may be a stupid one but it is his weakness.And also I want the MoS universe to have kryptonite in at least one of the movies,it may not be the biggest weapon of the villain but it should be part of the whole story and universe.

@ccraft said:

@tdk_1997: kryptonite is just overused, that's why I hope we don't see it again in the cbm's.

It is indeed overused but it's a classic.

MyNameIsChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MyNameIsChris

@tdk_1997: I don't think the MoS universe needs Kryptonite as it has already established Superman's senses as a weakness. In the first film, a sensory overload was enough to incapacitate a Kryptonian. Faora was incapacitated after her helmet was damaged and a missile was fired at her. The explosion caused her to faint. Batman could do something similar. A sonic weapon would discombobulate Superman's senses, and incapacitate him. An alloy based off the metal from Zod's armor or the Fortress would provide give Batman an extra advantage.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: I don't think the MoS universe needs Kryptonite as it has already established Superman's senses as a weakness. In the first film, a sensory overload was enough to incapacitate a Kryptonian. Faora was incapacitated after her helmet was damaged and a missile was fired at her. The explosion caused her to faint. Batman could do something similar. A sonic weapon would discombobulate Superman's senses, and incapacitate him. An alloy based off the metal from Zod's armor or the Fortress would provide give Batman an extra advantage.

This is an idea and a way as well but do you think this should be the only thing that would provide Batman some advantage and the only thing that can be considered a weakness for Kryptonians?Having kryptonite would be better for fans of the character that are actually not that into stuff since most people know what Superman's weakness is,and that is indeed kryptonite.

Hoplite91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His goddamn self.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By Jphu8414

I just want to see him throw around some actual bat-a-rangs this time

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By Lvenger

I'd like to see something similar to the Arkham gear for Batman to sport in the film. Maybe a batmobile design from the comics and a Batwing design from The New Batman animated series and that would do me just fine.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I would love to see him utilize some sort of battle armor similar to what he used in "The Dark Knight Returns" based somewhat off of the Krypton Armor. I'd also love to see him utilize advanced technology while in his regular suit like some kind of sonic canon, explosive batarangs, and some sort of super-taser or electric brass knuckles. And focus on the fact that he's a much more skilled fighter than Clark

MyNameIsChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w3bst3r: That's definitely viable. Electricity has been proven to be a good way to stun Superman. However it takes a much bigger amount to stun him than a regular man. For sake of the film, one block's worth of power should be enough to stun Superman rather than an entire city as in Dark Knight Returns or Batman Hush.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w3bst3r: That's definitely viable. Electricity has been proven to be a good way to stun Superman. However it takes a much bigger amount to stun him than a regular man. For sake of the film, one block's worth of power should be enough to stun Superman rather than an entire city as in Dark Knight Returns or Batman Hush.

Eh, IDK about that. In a weakened state, MoS Superman resisted a beam of pure gravity that was destroying miles of land each blast. I think id have less scruples if Bats was like, "Im tapping into the power grid of all of Metropolis.." Etc. MoS Supes is nowhere near as strong as comic book Supes, but he's still really powerful.

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the two of them have to fight I kinda want it to start out like Justice League War with Superman being an absolute beast without even trying with Batman trying his best being all ninja and Superman's all "I can still see you ya know...and hear you" grabs Batman by the neck then tables get turned when Batman pulls out a kryptonite piece bringing Superman to the ground and Batman's all slumped over dying Coulson style saying "Huh so that's what it does"

Arsenal wise basically all his gadgets from the Arkham games I guess. Starts out in a normal fabric suit then switches over to armor for the main plot that'd be a pretty good way to please both sides of the fan-base I think.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FearTheLiving

Isn't it obvious to what Batman needs to defeat Superman?

No Caption Provided

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deaditegonzo
    Loading Video...

@chrisj_1: I actually linked this to Zack Snyder, as if he'd look at it. LoL

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kryptonite gloves, Batarangs ( sonar and explosive ) arkham knight armor and batmobile and plane

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By W3BST3R

@deaditegonzo: *sigh* I hate that there isn't a set limit to MOS Supes' durability. I agree though, Bats better tap the whole city if he plans on even slowing Supes down.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mynameischris: The only reason Faora, Zod, and co. we're affected was because they hadn't adapted over 33 years like Kal. He even says he can see and hear only what he wants to, some kind of learned mechanism to keep him from sensory overload.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't have any established weaknesses in MOS as I remember, but I hope he uses something that gives off red sun radiation

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically the all standard gadgets that everybody knows, but also robots controlled by remote, that can fly, fighting and have some kind of weapon. For ending, a body armor that can withstand some Superman's blow.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jayc1324:

He was weak when exposed to an atmosphere based on his native kryptonian environment as I recall, mabe Bats can do something along those lines, but don't know how!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.