Michael Caine SPILLS THE BEANS on next Batman flick! SPOILERS!!!!

#1 Edited by Booster Gold Prime (215 posts) - - Show Bio

According to CBR...

"In the tradition of Ron Perlman and Jessica Alba, actor Michael Caine is well known from dropping crucial spoiler information about upcoming films. His recent chat with MTV Splash Page is no different, where he reveals the two villains that will plague Bruce Wayne in the next sequel, confirming rumors that have swirled around the production for some time. Again, spoilers ahoy ..."

What concerns me now is if we will lose any level of realism with these 2 villains. The Riddler not so much, but The Penguin worries me; I keep getting flashbacks of Tim Burton's Penguin. How do you bring this character into Chris Nolan's world and still retain the same level of realism.

#2 Edited by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio
Booster Gold Prime said:
"According to CBR...

"In the tradition of Ron Perlman and Jessica Alba, actor Michael Caine is well known from dropping crucial spoiler information about upcoming films. His recent chat with MTV Splash Page is no different, where he reveals the two villains that will plague Bruce Wayne in the next sequel, confirming rumors that have swirled around the production for some time. Again, spoilers ahoy ..."

What concerns me now is if we will lose any level of realism with these 2 villains. The Riddler not so much, but The Penguin worries me; I keep getting flashbacks of Tim Burton's Penguin. How do you bring this character into Chris Nolan's world and still retain the same level of realism."

sooo.... pretty much just confirming the goss, good news.
#3 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait until the Riddler but I'm not sure about Penguin...

#4 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio
Spider-Pantrelli said:
"Can't wait until the Riddler but I'm not sure about Penguin..."
i think hoffman will re-invent the penguin in a way better than ledger did the joker and better than what depp will do the riddler. hoffman is a very diverse actor from MI3 to Capote (won oscar).

consider what make up did for danny de vito, no ask the question what CGI will do to hoffman come 2010 or weneva
#5 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan started in an interview that three charactors that would never appear in one of his batman movies are Robin, The Penguin, and Batwoman. Also we are looking ahead a little too much Nolan hasnt even signed on for a third. The actors are all signed on for three but Nolan's contract is picture by picture so we dont even know if they'll be a third or if a third would be a Nolan film. In my opinion doing a third without Nolan would not even be worth watching because Nolan is one of the best writers and directors out there right now. I think if we see a third The Riddler would be the way to go. We cant have anyone else play The Joker and the Penguin would be too corny.

#6 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio
iSHADOW said:
"Nolan started in an interview that three charactors that would never appear in one of his batman movies are Robin, The Penguin, and Batwoman. Also we are looking ahead a little too much Nolan hasnt even signed on for a third. The actors are all signed on for three but Nolan's contract is picture by picture so we dont even know if they'll be a third or if a third would be a Nolan film. In my opinion doing a third without Nolan would not even be worth watching because Nolan is one of the best writers and directors out there right now. I think if we see a third The Riddler would be the way to go. We cant have anyone else play The Joker and the Penguin would be too corny."
nothing will look cooler than a dis-figured half man half penguin, with a light sabre umbrella
#7 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio
“In the first movie we use Ra’s Al Ghul and The Scarecrow, who had not been in the movies before, and had not been in the sixties TV show before. And there are dozens if not hundreds of other characters that fit that bill. Everyone says its gotta be The Penguin or Catwoman… well I completely disagree.”

-david goyer, batman begins and TDK writer.
#8 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Jason Statham play Mr. Freeze!

#9 Posted by Last_Guardian (27780 posts) - - Show Bio

don't worry about Penguin..currently in the comic series he's nothing he like he was in the cartoon show.  He's now a highly placed crimelord who has connection with some of Gotham's baddest and the mafia.  Penguin could be used in a number of ways in a new Batman movies.   Recently in the comics, Batman has gone to him for inside information on other villains and this has made the Penguin much less of an obnoxious gimicky creepy supervillain and much more of regular human-with-connections kind of guy...

#10 Posted by Booster Gold Prime (215 posts) - - Show Bio
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"don't worry about Penguin..currently in the comic series he's nothing he like he was in the cartoon show.  He's now a highly placed crimelord who has connection with some of Gotham's baddest and the mafia.  Penguin could be used in a number of ways in a new Batman movies.   Recently in the comics, Batman has gone to him for inside information on other villains and this has made the Penguin much less of an obnoxious gimicky creepy supervillain and much more of regular human-with-connections kind of guy..."
I could deal with that iteration for this movie...but if he turns out to be this super stylized, pop-belly, midget with a beak-nose, I'll lose it for sure.
#11 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio
Booster Gold Prime said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"don't worry about Penguin..currently in the comic series he's nothing he like he was in the cartoon show.  He's now a highly placed crimelord who has connection with some of Gotham's baddest and the mafia.  Penguin could be used in a number of ways in a new Batman movies.   Recently in the comics, Batman has gone to him for inside information on other villains and this has made the Penguin much less of an obnoxious gimicky creepy supervillain and much more of regular human-with-connections kind of guy..."
I could deal with that iteration for this movie...but if he turns out to be this super stylized, pop-belly, midget with a beak-nose, I'll lose it for sure."

Hoffman could pull off a pimp penguin. with assets
#12 Posted by Last_Guardian (27780 posts) - - Show Bio
cpt_linger said:
"Booster Gold Prime said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
I could deal with that iteration for this movie...but if he turns out to be this super stylized, pop-belly, midget with a beak-nose, I'll lose it for sure."

Hoffman could pull off a pimp penguin. with assets"
lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.