Marvel character equal to Batman?

  • 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by MasterDetective (833 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been thinking Nick Fury or Punisher, but maybe IronMan is the closest

what do you think?

#2 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9062 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Iron Man is the closest. They both are Billionairs that use their money to become supeheroes without powers.

#3 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

#4 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Several Marvel characters share traits in common with Bruce Wayne. Daredevil, Moon Knight, Tony Stark, Frank Castle, etc.

#5 Posted by SC (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends in which context. Grant Morrison has cited Cyclops as being Marvel's Batman, and I can see why he would say that. Moonknight shares many similarities and certain writers have had Sentry, Moonknight and Ms Marvel appear just for the novelty of having Marvel's "Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman" appear together. Tony Stark could be compared to Bruce Wayne, then of course the similarities between Batman and Galactus are evident for all to see. Then Nighthawk is a poke at Batman, and then there is Nightfighter,who is Marvel's version of Midnighter who is a deconstruction of Batman.    

Moderator
#6 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4800 posts) - - Show Bio
Moon Knight

LOOK wise^^^^

Background wise

X-Men: Legacy #266

BUT if HE was Rich, and Wore a BatSuit this guy would be Marvels Batman

Bad Attitude, doesnt trust anyone has a thing for training lil kids with potential, very skilled in Martial Arts, Uber Smart, Loves Gadgets, cant ever stay with a mate, is very important in his universe, keeps a tab on everyone like a creep, is always planning for the worse, and is a pretty good detective.

If bats joined the military it would be Bruce Wayne Director of J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

IF Nick was a Billionaire and was a local crime figther he would be... Owlman? in my opinion.

(+)

#7 Posted by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

If you look at money maker wise, and sometimes attitude wise, it would be Wolverine.

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Easy breezy

Black Panther

Worship him
#10 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Iron Man

#11 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Moon Knight

Him too.

#12 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight or Black Panther for sure.

#13 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably no one is going to agree with me, but I think Captain America fulfills a similar role.

#14 Posted by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironically one of my favorite Marvel Characters is Black Panther

#15 Posted by DarkKnightForever (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil

#16 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Easy breezy

Black Panther

Worship him
#17 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Easy breezy

Black Panther

Worship him
#18 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

Iron Man.

as far as intelligence goes yes i agree.

#19 Edited by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman in marvel universe is

Wolverine (for the attitude) + Iron Man (for the intelligence, and money) + Black Panther (costume) + Murdock (with the ladies)

No wonder Batman always outsells them...

#20 Edited by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

There isn't equal for Bruce in the Marvel U. None can compare to the Bat-God.

#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

There isn't equal for Bruce in the Marvel U.

Pretty much this. Most are just fragments/aspects of Bruce, but not the total package.

#23 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man easy answer:

#24 Edited by Prodigy P (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@_slim_ said:

There isn't equal for Bruce in the Marvel U.

Pretty much this. Most are just fragments/aspects of Bruce, but not the total package.

True that. Batman's person is just too complex.

If you look at his wealth, power and intelligence, he could be Tony Stark.

Master of useful equipment, just like the Black Panther.

His status as a symbol of fear could parallel him with Daredevil.

His relentless war on crime could be seen to be somewhat similar to the Punisher's.

"World's Greatest Detective." I can't think of any parallels for this one.

He's a household name, both in his universe and ours (Spider-Man?)

#25 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Easy breezy

Black Panther

Worship him

yes ! bp is the black batman of the marvel universe.

#26 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6885 posts) - - Show Bio
BLACK PANTHER, PUNISHER, and IRON-MAN 
Combine all of them, and you have the Batman. 
Black Panther-  costume, Martial art's skills The bad-assness
Iron-man - Play-boy, billionare, owns their own industries, mind and Intelligence
Punisher- bad-assness, someone close to them died( motive to become super-heroes)
 
#27 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

There are several Marvel characters that may be similar to Batman, and they are:

Captain America - both are peak human

Iron Man - richness, use of advanced technologies, strategic mind e intelligence

Black Panther - peak human and expert in martial arts

Wolverine - sometimes the cynicism of Batman reminiscent of Logan

Dr. Doom - as prep time

Obviously many other people remember some Batman, like Daredevil, Moon Knight and Nick Fury

#28 Posted by MikeyHramiak (13 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterDetective: Iron Man on the money, but that's pretty much it for similarities with them.

#29 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

BLACK PANTHER, PUNISHER, and IRON-MAN
Combine all of them, and you have the Batman.
Black Panther- costume, Martial art's skills The bad-assness
Iron-man - Play-boy, billionare, owns their own industries, mind and Intelligence
Punisher- bad-assness, someone close to them died( motive to become super-heroes)


THIS.

#30 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7846 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark.

But in why I like him, I'll say Spider-Man. The only reason I like and read them is because they have great villains.

#31 Posted by SubsonicNerd (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine said:

Batman in marvel universe is

Wolverine (for the attitude) + Iron Man (for the intelligence, and money) + Black Panther (costume) + Murdock (with the ladies)

No wonder Batman always outsells them...

yep seems about right

#32 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@Prodigy P said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@_slim_ said:

There isn't equal for Bruce in the Marvel U.

Pretty much this. Most are just fragments/aspects of Bruce, but not the total package.

True that. Batman's person is just too complex.

If you look at his wealth, power and intelligence, he could be Tony Stark.

Master of useful equipment, just like the Black Panther.

His status as a symbol of fear could parallel him with Daredevil.

His relentless war on crime could be seen to be somewhat similar to the Punisher's.

"World's Greatest Detective." I can't think of any parallels for this one.

He's a household name, both in his universe and ours (Spider-Man?)

@SubsonicNerd said:

@batshrine said:

Batman in marvel universe is

Wolverine (for the attitude) + Iron Man (for the intelligence, and money) + Black Panther (costume) + Murdock (with the ladies)

No wonder Batman always outsells them...

yep seems about right

Black Panther is in the top 8 in intelligence on Marvel Earth, plus one of the best martial artists on the planet, plus owns superior technology in Wakanda, and is extremely wealthy; also being a King, he essentially has his pick of women, it's just not in his personality. The primary differences between Batman and Black Panther are attitude, location, and responsibilities.

If Batman decided to be a dictator he would be like Dr. Doom. Except Doom has more advanced technology, less martial arts skill, and a bigger interest in magic.

#33 Posted by sinestro_GL (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a Marvel character that is filthy rich, owning their own MNC and is secretly a superhero, using some of their immense wealth to build weapons using their genius-level intellect (since they lack traditional super-powers) in order to fight crime?

#34 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has no equal.

#35 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

If Batman decided to be a dictator he would be like Dr. Doom

I agree

#36 Posted by Onemoreposter (4049 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman like Superman has at least half a dozen Marvel semi-analogues.

Closest though I think is the Black Panther. Both are genius', both are incredibly wealthy, both lost their parents when they were young, and both are dressed up as dark avengers. Sure there are a plethora of differences between the two, but I think T'Challa comes closest to the bat-mark.

Close second would have to be Moon Knight but in a much more superficial manor IMO.

#37 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight 
and about the personality disorder, remember R.I.P.

#38 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my opinion.

Attitude - Daredevil (a ridiculously fanatical desire to protect the city he grew up in due to tragedy taking his family)

Method - Captain America (uses a symbol to portray a message far more powerful than a gun or a punch)

Skillset - Frankly, there are very few people in the Marvel Earth-verse that can match Bruce's instinctual intellect. A combination of Wolverine (for strategy) and Iron Man (for ingenious devices)

#39 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8858 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not even open to debate. T'Challa is marvel's batman

#40 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil or Deadpool!

#41 Posted by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@tim2081 said:

If Batman decided to be a dictator he would be like Dr. Doom. Except Doom has more advanced technology, less martial arts skill, and a bigger interest in magic.

Wait isn't Doom disfigured though, and thats why he hides his face?

#42 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine said:

@tim2081 said:

If Batman decided to be a dictator he would be like Dr. Doom. Except Doom has more advanced technology, less martial arts skill, and a bigger interest in magic.

Wait isn't Doom disfigured though, and thats why he hides his face?

Yes, he is supposed to be disfigured, however, Doom started out as a normal human and built his power primarily through determination and technology, but he also learned magic.

#43 Posted by XLR87T3 (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

@tim2081 said:

@Prodigy P said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@_slim_ said:

There isn't equal for Bruce in the Marvel U.

Pretty much this. Most are just fragments/aspects of Bruce, but not the total package.

True that. Batman's person is just too complex.

If you look at his wealth, power and intelligence, he could be Tony Stark.

Master of useful equipment, just like the Black Panther.

His status as a symbol of fear could parallel him with Daredevil.

His relentless war on crime could be seen to be somewhat similar to the Punisher's.

"World's Greatest Detective." I can't think of any parallels for this one.

He's a household name, both in his universe and ours (Spider-Man?)

@SubsonicNerd said:

@batshrine said:

Batman in marvel universe is

Wolverine (for the attitude) + Iron Man (for the intelligence, and money) + Black Panther (costume) + Murdock (with the ladies)

No wonder Batman always outsells them...

yep seems about right

Black Panther is in the top 8 in intelligence on Marvel Earth, plus one of the best martial artists on the planet, plus owns superior technology in Wakanda, and is extremely wealthy; also being a King, he essentially has his pick of women, it's just not in his personality. The primary differences between Batman and Black Panther are attitude, location, and responsibilities.

If Batman decided to be a dictator he would be like Dr. Doom. Except Doom has more advanced technology, less martial arts skill, and a bigger interest in magic.

^^^This^^^

#44 Posted by Nox_Arc (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely Panther or Moon Knight, Cap if he was smarter.

#45 Posted by Teerack (6327 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman, Moon Knight, and Black Panter are a lot like him.

#46 Posted by VenomousDragon (852 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to pick one? Black Panther

#47 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

It must be said that no Marvel character has exactly the same intellect of Bruce. Who could have analytical and deductive ability like him?

#48 Posted by tmsods (9 posts) - - Show Bio

daredevil is the closest in terms of the general stuff that he does: patroling the city at night by means of parkour and grappling hooks, beating up badguys and such. iron man has the closest alter-ego situation. captn america is the only one that can match him in terms of martial arts. no real equivalent in terms of brainpower.

#49 Posted by Freakologist (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#50 Posted by IKnowEverything (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say overall... he is closest to (but a less badass version of) black panther.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.