Mark Hamill comeback - He says spread the word!

#1 Posted by Lucky3 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who don't follow Mark Hamill on twitter - he's just said this:

'Yes! Spread the word! RT@EveJacques Facebook petition @HamillHimself in #TheKillingJoke http://on.fb.me/IjrkAt He really wants to do this!'

In other words, he really wants to come back to voice Joker one last time in an animated adaptation of The Killing Joke. He's been saying this for a while and asking fans to campaign for DC/Warners to make it. There've been a few petitions but none got many signatures.

However, since Hamill tweeted this one, over 4000 people have signed up. It's really looking like we can do this, but we need more - I'm thinking at least 10,000 for it to really make an impact. Individual emails and letters too.

He's given us so many laughs over the last 20 years (and let's face it, tears) I think he deserves all our efforts to make this happen. Not to mention that TKJ is arguably the best Joker comic ever written, and to hear THAT monologue in THAT voice would be beyond awesome. Sign here.

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10918 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, he IS, theoretically, the voice of Joker, so why wouldn't DC grant him the role upon request? If he isn't chosen though, I want the guy who voiced Joker in Under the Red Hood.

#3 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

There are scenes in TKJ in which Joker's civilian identity has lines as well.  Makes me wonder if Hamill would use his 'Sheckie Rimshot' voice for those parts or use something closer to his natural tone.

#4 Posted by Joygirl (18168 posts) - - Show Bio

...This.

*strains jaw*

#5 Posted by ARMIV2 (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

...Yes please.

#6 Posted by nickzambuto (12688 posts) - - Show Bio

Where the f*ck do I sign?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.