Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23535 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Man of Steel Sequel Titled 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

@muyjingo: I don't see them only keeping it a trilogy, WB wants to set up there DCCU so they can make the most money possible, but I can see how you would think that, MOS, BvS, and then JL.

As far as which titles are included in the additional nine films, the number presumably doesn't count the upcoming Man of Steel sequel or the Justice League flick that was just revealed this weekend. The Sandman is already in development with Joseph Gordon-Levitt producing, and The Wall Street Journal mentions The Metal Men, Shazam, 100 Bullets, and Fables as four of the films Warner Bros. has in the works. link

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ccraft: None of those films would be part of the DCCU

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By ccraft

@muyjingo: We have no idea if they will or won't, my guess only Shazam will apart of the DCCU and maybe Metal Men.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@ccraft said:

@punyparker: I thought what he said about She Hulk was kinda funny, I'm not SH fan anyways.

Im not a fan too,but it's an ugly thing to say.....

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By ccraft

@punyparker: Isn't SH like that though? It might be a little out of context, but I seen a few pics of SH in bed with Juggernaut, Hercules, and even Tony Stark..

No Caption Provided

SH does have a point though. Do you listen to a lot of podcasts? They're usually more relaxed conversations, it's not like Goyer said that about SH and MMH to Wall Street Journal, most likely he was just joking around.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By PunyParker

@ccraft said:

@punyparker: Isn't SH like that though? It might be a little out of context, but I seen a few pics of SH in bed with Juggernaut, Hercules, and even Tony Stark..

No Caption Provided

SH does have a point though.

The point being what?.....that She-Hulk is a slut?.....
    Like Stan Lee said,every Superheroine is curvy and preety,and every Superhero is buff and jacked.

I dont care for Goyer,too arrogant.
    He never said anything about a DC superheroine......

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I was talking about the double standard SH mentioned in that comic, she has a point.

I could careless what any famous person says, very few of them can be inspiring or be considered role models irl anyways. It doesn't make Goyer a bad guy because he makes fun of comic characters.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I was taking about SH, she has a point about the double standard thing.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So no World's Finest huh ? It does sound cool I can't take that away.

Same here, I think it's cool would have wanted World's Finest but eh this is fine too :)

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Tony Stark is a blatant man-whore. It's not just well established, it's actually part of his character dynamic. They make jokes about in-universe, they make jokes about it in the real world. She-Hulk just compared herself to him concerning the double standard on gender and sexual aggressiveness. In effect, she put herself in the same class as Tony when it comes to sleeping around. So in an arguable sense (morality is a debatable matter since its standard varies person by person), what Goyer said was "funny and true".

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Snyder's a good action director.It will be good.

And remember Owl-man in Snyder's Watchmen?......he could demolish anyone he wanted....i want that from Batman....i didn't see that strongly in Nolan's,becasue of the grounded approach and everything.

I want Bat-God on film.

I think Snyder's Batman will be more like Ozymandias and Leonidas than Owlman. And yeah Batman needs to show a little bit sign of the Batgod.

@ccraft said:

@punyparker: Still I think the story for BvS will be great, Affleck brought the guy from Argo Chris Terrio to do the script. I can't remember who does exactly what, the writer creates the script, and the director brings the script to life on the big screen. I think that's how it works I could be wrong...

Yeah he's rewriting the script so the writing might actually be good, my biggest problem with MoS was the writing, Goyer has cool ideas but he's script needs polishing by other writers or capable directors.

@bezza said:

Not sure about Bat-God, but we need a Batman who physically looks like he could cut It, like Batman did in TDKR. I mean he was a big guy in that film, able to punch through a wall to grab an opponent and so far, no Batman in any film has looked physically imposing enough to do the role justice.

Depends on the definition of Batgod, many fans think Miller, Morrison and Waid's Batman is Batgod and I definitely want to see those in the movies specially Morrison's take on the character.

@bezza said:

@punyparker:

He doesn't need to be super-human to deserve his place. His tech and his brain more than make up for any lack of muscle...for me when Batman becomes indestructible Bat God he starts to lose some of his appeal as the non super-powered character who humbles the meta humans!

He has never been superhuman, he sometimes has PIS moments but every comic book character has those, even Superman. And some comic book fans will whine about whatever Batman does even though many comic book characters who are human do those things as well but those same fans seems to have no problem with these characters.

@muyjingo said:

Maye, I just don't see it happening.

Nolan is still producing and tonally MoS was similar to his Batman films.

I think it's much more likely they will try and make their DCU a classy trilogy rather than branch out and have a bunch of stand alone films.

Nolan isn't producing the movie anymore and WB said there will be spin off movies and I'm not talking about the Shazam and Sandman movies.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Get ready for Roe v. Wade and Judge Joe Brown jokes for the next two years.

You'd think people would take it easy on this movie. I mean, come on guys, the jury is still out on this thing

>:-)

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis:The people on AMC movie talk were talking about that, and I think John Campa made a good point. In a court proceeding like Roe v Wade, Roe has a problem with Wade, hence BvS, Batman has a problem with Superman.

@r ustyroy: Goyer is a good writer, but writes some bad lines, in MOS there were really good lines and some horrible lines. I liked what you said about ZS using the characteristics of both Ozymandias and Leonidas for Batman, that would would be interesting.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@punyparker said:

@ccraft: Snyder's a good action director.It will be good.

And remember Owl-man in Snyder's Watchmen?......he could demolish anyone he wanted....i want that from Batman....i didn't see that strongly in Nolan's,becasue of the grounded approach and everything.

I want Bat-God on film.

I think Snyder's Batman will be more like Ozymandias and Leonidas than Owlman. And yeah Batman needs to show a little bit sign of the Batgod.

Snyder's Batman,before beating Superman " This.....Is....GOTHAM!!" *Boom* :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#265  Edited By Lvenger

@black_arrow You do realise I saw your post on my notifications right? Believe me, I don't want to hate this movie but when a film has a cheesy generic title, hints of TDKR influence and a rushed attempt to cram an expanded DC Universe into one film, forgive me for being extremely sceptical, Not to mention it's supposed to be a Man of Steel Sequel, a Batman/Superman movie and a Justice League prequel all in one package.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: DC isn't rushing their films, we won't know X-actly until BvS comes out, but they're not rushing it. WB/DC is just creating their DCCU differently than Marvel, Superman had his origin and set up the cbm universe, Batman doesn't need but 1 minute to X-plain his origin, I have no clue on their plans with WW, is it just a cameo? She could be a kyptonian (rumor), might not, no idea... But she doesn't need but a few minutes for her origin, or this movie could be about the origin of WW, but has Bats fighting Supes, I'm sure they will give WW enough screen time for an origin story. 3 big characters in one film doesn't necessarily mean DC is rushing it.

The X-Men movies where centered around Wolverine with a preexisting X-Men team, each X-Men didn't need there own solo for an origin story. My point is, before I keep rambling, I don't think DC is rushing their movies, they're just doing their own thing, building their own universe just like Marvel and Fox have.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: It's still beyond pointless to cram everything into a Justice League prequel passed off as a Superman/Batman film posing as a Man of Steel sequel. The only one that's out of place is the last criterion and that's what we're supposed to be getting next. If Wonder Woman was a Kryptonian, that would be a loss of any further fan support for what Warner Bros are doing because Wonder Woman fans, feminists and more won't accept a Kryptonian Wonder Woman in the slightest. There's been enough outrage based on rumour, if it's true, DC will have shot themselves in the foot in essence with this ridiculous disregardful change to Wonder Woman's backstory and origin. And read back what you read in your last few sentences and try and see if you still think it isn't rushing it. We have a Wonder Woman origin to cram in, a Cyborg cameo, a Batman set up, a MOS continuation and who knows what else to boot.

Overall, what we have here is the very definition of rushing it. There's way too much announced already so I fail to see how this isn't rushed in the slightest. There's a difference between doing your own thing and cramming everything in as much as possible as DC are doing. Universe building takes time as Marvel did via introducing each character with their own film, connecting the films to each other then bringing them together in The Avengers. That's how you do universe building. Marvel's method is akin to revising a couple of months before an exam takes place whereas DC's method is more like trying to cram everything in a couple of days before the exam. Try and prove me wrong on this analogy because thus far, that's how the 2 companies stack up against one another and it's very clear which method is better.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By ccraft

@lvenger: No, X-Men DOFP looks complicated, and over crowding, and look how that movie turned out, people are saying it's the best X-Men movie. I haven't seen it yet, but still people who had problems and criticisms the past 2 years were proven wrong, especially over the Quicksilver thing... DOFP has more characters, more intricate plot than BvS, do not think so?

Marvel's way isn't the only way, Fox has clearly shown that.

Marvel Phase one

Iron Man (2008)

The Incredible Hulk June 13, 2008

Iron Man 2 May 7, 2010

Thor May 6, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger July 22, 2011

Marvel's The Avengers May 4, 2012

Marvel Phase two

Iron Man 3 May 3, 2013

Thor: The Dark World November 8, 2013

Captain America: The Winter Soldier April 4, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy August 1, 2014

Avengers: Age of Ultron May 1, 2015

DC Phase one

Man of Steel June 14, 2013

Batman v Superman May 6, 2016

Justice League 2018

Marvel made 4 origin solo films, DC made 1 solo movie MOS, and BvS is going to be a Batman and Superman movie, with WW and Cyborg cameo, as far we know, would DC really be better of making a WW and Batman solo film before JL? It took Marvel 4 years to get to Avengers, and it's taking DC 5 years to get to JL.

Edit:

Phase two of Marvel has only 3 solo films, excluding GotG, and from 2013 to 2015, that's only 2 years, that seems more like rushing to me, not to mention Cap 2 is the only good film of phase 2 so far.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I haven't seen Days of Future Past so I can't comment on it. I do know some reviews haven't been as generous as others and some characters only appear for certain action scenes or short sequences. So your point can't be generalised based on a film with mixed reviews thus far.

Honestly, yes it would be better if DC introduced each character separately. Unfortunately that would be copying off Marvel's cheat sheet so they can't do that. But Marvel's method is the best universe building approach to comic book movies thus far given its consistency and stability in building up to its endgame. And in those 4 years, Marvel introduced 6 members of the Avengers in their own films without feeling clogged up in the slightest. In contrast, DC are introducing 3 new characters in one film that will probably skip back and forth even worse than what MOS did so that's gonna be confusing as hell. In these 5 years, all DC has to offer is one Superman film, one Superman/Batman or Justice League prequel which will cram every character into the same boat. And they have to shoehorn in characters like The Flash or Green Lantern somehow. Again tell me how this isn't rushed in the slightest. DC are making a recipe that's bound to blow up in its own face if they follow this path and continue with the direction MOS set up which has polarised fans to this day.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By ccraft

@lvenger: I added a few things to my last response, just in case you missed it.

Well I made a point about X-Men DOFP, how everyone thought it was going to be too crowded were proven wrong, to me DOFP sounds more complicated than BvS, and DOFP turned out alright, it got 95% or RT and 8.5 on IMDb, mostly positive reviews. I love the fact MOS isn't beloved by everyone, people are still debating MOS right now and it's been almost a year. Barely see any threads about Avengers, or of Cap2, but that's besides the point.

MOS, RT 56% and audience gave it 76% and MOS still made BIG money, 291M domestic gross, it's the 3rd highest cbm origin film, and 10th overall superhero film. But this is also irrelevant, I just saying it :p

All we know is BvS is going to be a Batman and Superman film with Luthor, WW, Cyborg, and 3 new characters, the plot is BvS, will they be fighting the whole movie? Probably not, they could easily have at least 20 minutes on WW origin, but I'm just speculating. BvS isn't rushing it, we barely have any info on this movie, we have no real way to tell either way.

I like the fact DC isn't doing their cbm universe the same way, DC/WB's way is something new, and might avoid problems Marvel's universe had. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Given the information we do have, the direction of this movie sounds like it's all over the place. It doesn't know what it wants to be, an MOS sequel, a Batman/Superman film or a Justice League prequel. I would have preferred them to pick one and stick with it, not cram everything into one film to get to the endgame straight away. Skipping instructions to get to the final product has a way of biting one's self in hindsight and that's what this film seems to be doing. And what problems do Marvel have with their cinematic universe that could outweigh the cluttered rush that DC are doing to play catch up? Not to mention the depressing, gritty and angsty tone that makes The New 52 seem tame in comparison.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By ccraft

@lvenger: I recommend you read this article, Batman Vs. Superman Movie: What We Know So Far, about 8 short pages detailing all info for this film, took me only a few minutes to read.

WB/DC knows what they want this to be, we just don't know what it is yet, this film could be all three, a sequel, B/S movie, and a JL prequel. Or it could just be a B/S film, and after JL we would get a MOS sequel. Nothings official at this time.

I don't think JL is there endgame, just as Avengers wasn't Marvel's, they're setting up their universe to include a JL team. If DC can introduce Batman, WW, and Cyborg in one film, and make it good, it could easily work without solo origin films that would lead into a big JL movie. In Avengers they weren't even a team until the middle of the movie, it could be the same way in JL. Introduce GL, Flash, and Aquaman in the first half of JL, put them against a common enemy, and we have a JL movie. Superman, Batman, WW, Cyborg, GL, Flash, and Aquaman.

This is what I would personally like to see...

BvS: Batman and Superman fight for whatever reason, WW is introduced, by the end of the film Batman, Superman, and WW creates the team JL, they're the founding members.

JL: Whether it be in BvS or in JL, Cyborg joins the team. JL would be loosely based on Flashpoint and Thrones of Atlantis. At the beginning we get a quick origin of GL and Flash, the world is invaded by Darkseid, or preferably Atlanteans. I would love to see WW Amazons vs Aquaman's Atlanteans. Aquaman isn't the bad guy in this movie. Then at the end Aquaman tells the JL that they can count on them in the future, but Aquaman returns to Atlantis.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Nolan isn't producing the movie anymore and WB said there will be spin off movies and I'm not talking about the Shazam and Sandman movies.

Nolan is executive producer on Batman v Superman. WB says he won't be on the JL movie but we will see.

Where did WB say there will be spinoff movies?

Even Justice League Dark won't be a part of this universe they are building, I would bet money on it.

Also, I wouldn't expect the Justice League movie to have the phrase Justice League in the title.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By RustyRoy

@muyjingo said:

Nolan is executive producer on Batman v Superman. WB says he won't be on the JL movie but we will see.

Where did WB say there will be spinoff movies?

Even Justice League Dark won't be a part of this universe they are building, I would bet money on it.

Also, I wouldn't expect the Justice League movie to have the phrase Justice League in the title.

He was producer on MoS but not in BvS. I don't remember who said it, could be Goyer or the CEO, but he said they other heroes were going to get spin off movies after JL unlike MCU where everyone got a solo movie before the Avengers.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Did they confirm a Shazam spin-off movie?

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

He was producer on MoS but not in BvS. I don't remember who said it, could be Goyer or the CEO, but he said they other heroes were going to get spin off movies after JL unlike MCU where everyone got a solo movie before the Avengers.

No news about spinoff movies. Sounds like fluff especially without a source.

Although I find a lot of places reporting Nolan is executive producer can't actually find a good source so guess we will wait and see.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@rustyroy: Did they confirm a Shazam spin-off movie?

Possibly

@muyjingo said:

No news about spinoff movies. Sounds like fluff especially without a source.

Although I find a lot of places reporting Nolan is executive producer can't actually find a good source so guess we will wait and see.

Here what Goyer had to say, WB is trying to build their DC movie universe, we'll probably see Batman, Flash and Wonder Woman spin offs and there's a chance Shazam might appear in JL. And here's an article which says Nolan might no longer be involved and we haven't anything about him being involved in the movie since.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The night is darkest just before the dawn, and the dawn is coming...The Dawn of Justice!

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By KraytRawk

The Fact that they're putting Batmans name first in the Superman sequel says so much.

Also Batman v. Superman sounds like they'll be battling each other in a Court of Law.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant believe that V is going to appears in this movie.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@black_arrow You do realise I saw your post on my notifications right? Believe me, I don't want to hate this movie but when a film has a cheesy generic title, hints of TDKR influence and a rushed attempt to cram an expanded DC Universe into one film, forgive me for being extremely sceptical, Not to mention it's supposed to be a Man of Steel Sequel, a Batman/Superman movie and a Justice League prequel all in one package.

I know I just didn't wanted to sound like an asshole to everybody reading the posts here. I posted and then I reread it and I noticed that I was being too rude, so I deleted it. I understand some of your concerns and that you are extremely sceptical because this film features your favorite characters (or one of your favorites). But It is easy to see you as a hater, I mean in every news of this movie you put posts against it and you have criticized MOS in every thread that talks about it.

I think that this movie is MOS 2 in the sense that the appearance of Superman has changed everything for the world. People are starting to wonder if their neighborhoods are aliens or have super powers (because Clark managed to stay hidden for 30 years). The government in fear that something like what happened in Metropolis, so they starting to search for people with amazing powers and they start to develop weapons to beat them. In this scenario, It is easy too see why the people of the Justice League are involved on this. Of course the guy on charge of the technology Silas stone and he is founded by Lexcorp.

I know It appears like it is too much to put in one film but I think that Snyder (which managed to put every chapter of Watchmen in the film) can do it.

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kumquatodor: That made no sense whatsoever. i guess avengers age of ultron will suck cause of the title....

iDramedy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By iDramedy007

Call me crazy but, BatFleck will have a Doctor Doom feel to him in the Batman v Superman movie. Crazy genius, menacing, unpredictable, some serious hi-tech toys and prep... add to that, his costume and physique ... Snyder better not fuck this up. If he could get him as good as he got Zod right [in my opinion] in MoS. IT would be E P I C

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I know I just didn't wanted to sound like an asshole to everybody reading the posts here. I posted and then I reread it and I noticed that I was being too rude, so I deleted it. I understand some of your concerns and that you are extremely sceptical because this film features your favorite characters (or one of your favorites). But It is easy to see you as a hater, I mean in every news of this movie you put posts against it and you have criticized MOS in every thread that talks about it.

I think that this movie is MOS 2 in the sense that the appearance of Superman has changed everything for the world. People are starting to wonder if their neighborhoods are aliens or have super powers (because Clark managed to stay hidden for 30 years). The government in fear that something like what happened in Metropolis, so they starting to search for people with amazing powers and they start to develop weapons to beat them. In this scenario, It is easy too see why the people of the Justice League are involved on this. Of course the guy on charge of the technology Silas stone and he is founded by Lexcorp.

I know It appears like it is too much to put in one film but I think that Snyder (which managed to put every chapter of Watchmen in the film) can do it.

If that's in the movie as explained by you here, that only confirms my criticism of what the film is going for thus far. Adding in alien paranoia and government mobilisation against superhumans is piling on way too much again. And I'm more of a critic than a hater of MOS but if people want to confuse the two, fine. It's their error. I at least make valid objections to the film and what their direction entails. And I don't think you were being rude or that rude anyway hence why I replied to it.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#285  Edited By Bezza

..I am worried about this film I've gotta say...its two years away and I want to hope it will be great, but WB/DC just have this habit of screwing things up.

The other thing is that there appears to be an element of superhero movie fatigue creeping in just now. ASM2 has only made 636 million worldwide so far, which is miles off what any of the Raimi films made, even the objectionable Spiderman 3...by 2016, will people be even more bored of constant super-hero films?

Also, an article I posted by Goyer on his views about Martian Manhunter doesn't bode well. MM is a founding member of the JL, but looks unlikely to feature in any upcoming film. Damnit!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134697-Goyers-Martian-Manhunter-Comments-Are-Why-DC-Cant-Have-Nice-Things

yolo_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh boy, totally missed these news! Bet the marvelites had a field-day.

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of justice".............. REALLY?!!! Warnerbros u killin me bby

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs Superman vs A fanbase that literally never stops complaining (via twitter)

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I necro'd this before someone makes a new thread which will happen.

they keep flip flopping between it is and isn't

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-not-a-man-of-steel-sequel/

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/09/21/zack-snyder-says-batman-v-superman-is-man-of-steel-2

Do you feel this robs viewers of an actual sequel, and to those that hated the first one, a chance at redeeming itself?

mister_pimping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get why people are saying Batman's jacking MOS sequel? WB and Cavil said it wasn't a Superman movie or MOS 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.