Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Man of Steel 2 Spoilers - Inspiration From Kingdom Come?

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
    ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know if this was already posted, but apparently there was a tweet from one of the directors/writers saying that this is a (paraphrasing)

"Retired Batman, not talking to Robin anymore. Controls drones from the Batcave."

Sounds like it's taking inspiration from Kingdom Come. Not sure how I feel about that.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I actiually like the idea.but people are taking the whole drone thing out of hand. Im preety sure batman will onli use the drones because he is retired but cant get away from watching over the city. He is not going to sit in a chair and use drones the whole movies. ben affleck is working out for a reason. I predict that once batman suits up again he wont use drones.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I talk with a sutdio executive and he told me it was going to be more base on Adam West Batman, he will face Superman in a dance off.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I talk with a sutdio executive and he told me it was going to be more base on Adam West Batman, he will face Superman in a dance off.

Best idea ever, I would go and watch in 3D.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000 said:
    No Caption Provided

Best idea ever, I would go and watch in 3D.

Then he say to him, remember the human that beat you then he will die from a hearth attack, Superman goes nuts in the middle of the club and start screaming DONT TOUCH HIM!!! like a maniac.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I've heard right, he works at Warner Bros, but not on Batman/Superman. It could mean he's overheard some things, or it could just be speculation. If he is semi-retired I hope he ends up going full time again.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is starting to look like "Man of Steel 2: Batman with some scenes of Superman in it"

But I'm also totally over reacting too.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From all the rumor that are going around, this movies looks is not going to have Superman.

I mean it only need a rumor that say Spiderman will join them at some point.

No Caption Provided
    LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I like this idea and its completely relevant to what goes on in the news lately. And Kingdom come was one of the best sort of Batman/Superman ideology battles ever.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if this was already posted, but apparently there was a tweet from one of the directors/writers saying that this is a (paraphrasing)

"Retired Batman, not talking to Robin anymore. Controls drones from the Batcave."

Sounds like it's taking inspiration from Kingdom Come. Not sure how I feel about that.

Inspiration from the best story featuring Batman and Superman ever? That can only be good news. Especially considering initially Snyder was referencing the worst comic featuring Superman and Batman.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i heard about this 2 days ago. i think right now its safe to assume its a rumor and honestly from what i recall i believe they were going to borrow some elements from dark knight returns wich is why they used that passage at comic con

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Retired will never happen. Why would you start off a new character in a new franchise in his twilight years? I could see that being the final film, but not the first.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dud317 said:

Retired will never happen. Why would you start off a new character in a new franchise in his twilight years? I could see that being the final film, but not the first.

Because is something new, saddly old Batman and young Superman, means Batman is not going to be active for long.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dud317 said:

well for one do we really need to see the batman orgin again? imo no we dont. secondly i think its smart to have bruce older since maybe just maybe later on he can be a mentor for kal-el after they fight. bruce can be kal's redemption about how and why he killed zod and swear off that he will never do such a thing again and what better person to learn that from other than batman?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see it: Batman and Robin feud for some reason, perhaps the death or injury of someone, Robin leaves the cave and cape. Batman is so wounded by the loss of both Robin and this person, along with Robin's arguments against him, that he retires the Batsuit, believing he can't make a difference, but he can't abandon the city. So out go the Bat drones. No longer trying to help the city. Just trying to keep it from sinking any farther into ruin.

Then Superman comes along, starts wrecking crap, tears through Bruce's drones after mistaking them for a threat, and for the first time in a long time, Bruce dons the Batsuit once more to handle the matter personally. They realize they're allies, not enemies, the main plot returns, end of the story, Superman has restored Batman's faith that one man CAN make a difference, and Bruce returns full time to the Batman persona.

Not sure how I'd feel about this, it'll all depend on the execution. They'd have to REALLY work to give Batman sufficient reason to retire, and I'm certain in the eyes of some, the very concept of his retirement is sacrilege on par with Superman killing someone.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even though i enjoyed them in mos i just hope the film focuses more on the now and no more flashbacks

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tazzmission: I didn't say it would be an origin, I just said it would not likely be retired Batman. The only origin likely is Kal's point of view of Batman and what he gathers from their meeting, (I use the term origin very loosely here). Though your mentoring theory does hold some serious water.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Bump.

I've read reports on this too. But how does it make any sense? Because I simply can't see a Kingdom Come like-story or that version of Superman in the sequel. Likewise, it appears that Batfleck will take inspiration from DKR Batman.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cavill's haircut for MOS2 reportedly resembles the KC Supes' hair. Doubt it means anything, but I'm ready for the beginnings of the arguments had by Bats and Supes in that book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.