Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Looking for a special issue of Batman. Please help!

Fjantony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fjantony

I am looking for the name of a batman issue I read back in the summer of 95 or 96 I think. It was my first Batman experience and I would really like to revisit it again now with the years have passed. I dont remember much, just that it was pretty violent for me (I was around 8-9 at the time). And this is kind of a summary of the plot:

The story revolves around a young boy that is going to be some kind of super soldier or something. They try to insert metal plates under his skin like Wolverine. In one scene I think I remember them trying to stab him and the knife just shatteres. Meanwhile Batman is depressed or just sick of work and decides to exile to the batcave. Back in the lab this young man/boy is flirting with a girl, and as the story progress he becomes more and more absent from reality and the girlfriend. In the end of the issue, the girl gets killed by this guy by getting her head smash into the wall. In the background some scientist and, I think the boys father, stands with a big happy grin on their face. At the very end, Batman comes out from the Batcave in torn costume with a big beard.

So, I really dont remember alot from this comic but I sure remember the girl getting killed and how horrible it was. This was my first real comic book I ever bought, but my parents forbid me to buy more due to the graphic content. Now I really would like to find it so I can finish it. Does this plot summary ring any bell to you guys?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

/Anton

CaptainHannes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CaptainHannes

Well, as the Batman pro i am i can gladly say that it is "Legend of the Dark Knight: Venom #18". :)

Fjantony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fjantony

@CaptainHannes: YES that is the one!!!! Thank you so much for all the help!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.