Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

List of Batman Comics to read?

yunckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By yunckerm

I've already done some searching on this, I am new to the comic book world, and I want to start my collection and interest with Batman.

I want original comics not Graphic novels

I started with Year One as suggested but I wanted to start a discussion on what would be the next place to start, Thanks for the help in advanced guy.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PeppeyHare
    @yunckerm said:

I want original comics not Graphic novels

Any particular reason? Some "essential" batman stories

The Dark Knight Returns

The long Halloween

Hush

Killing Joke

Death in the Family.

I'd also recommend Scott Snyder's current run and most of the Dick Grayson/Damian Wayne stuff.

yunckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yunckerm

Yeah those are some on my list, Is the man who laughs only a graphic novel?I would like original comics because I intend to pass them down also I like reading the actual comic.

Thanks man for the reply I look into Scott Snyder

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PeppeyHare

@yunckerm: I believe the man who laughs is just a graphic novel, yes.

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I divide stuff into 3 categories: trade paperbacks, comic books, and graphic novels.

Trade paperbacks are collections of already published material - no collector's value. Comics are the 30 - 40 page suckers that usually have ads and have major collector's value. Graphic Novels are comics longer than 40 pages and have just as much value as comics if the material was never initially released in comic book form.

The Man Who Laughs is available in a trade paperback with additional material, but was originally printed in graphic novel form. It's actually a little rare.

Other stuff you should pick up is the Under the Red Hood, Knightfall, Batman and Son, The Black Glove, Batman RIP, the original run of Batman Inc plus the Leviathan Strikes graphic novel

yunckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By yunckerm

Thanks for the info guys, I think Ill look into the Man who laughs next and just collect both comics and novels, Ill look into the others and see if I can get Comics in some and see which ones Ill have to get novels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
    deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yunckerm: Definitely follow up reading Year One with The Long Halloween and Dark Victory. They basically work as a trilogy.

yunckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By yunckerm

yeah everything I looked up said Year one, The man who laughs, The long halloween, Dark Victory. You guys are awesome thanks for confirming.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.