Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Lincoln March = Thomas Wayne Jr. = Owlman?

rejected_stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rejected_stone

Apologies if this is super obvious or has been addressed already, but I'm re-reading the finish of Court of Owls specifically the epic fight. If I'm following everything correctly Lincoln March ends up being Thomas Wayne Jr. who ends up being a part of the Court and one of the Talons. His Talon costume also looks oddly like Earth 3's Owlman.

Can someone explain this to me? Owlman obviously exists on Earth 3 where Bruce was killed and all that, but how does Thomas Jr. even exist in Earth prime? Or, and this is my theory, is this Thomas Jr. from Earth 3 that came in advance of the Crime Syndicate and he simply resurfaces 15 issues later?

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok first on Earth prime its still not known if Lincoln March is actually Thomas Wayne Jr its still up in the air.

Second the Funny thing is on Earth Prime Thomas is the younger brother and on Earth 3 Bruce is the younger brother thou thay can just be names so in reality Thomas could be the Bruce of Earth 3

But no Lincoln March is not the Earth 3 Owlman they are two completely different people

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Well, pre crisis

Owl man of earth 3 is actually Bruce Wayne's counterpart. Whereas earth-3 Bruce Wayne was actually the counterpart earth one's Thomas Wayne jr (who had gone insane after their patents death and was commited and eventually forgotten. I imagine it's a similar deal in forever evil.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ok first on Earth prime its still not known if Lincoln March is actually Thomas Wayne Jr its still up in the air.

Second the Funny thing is on Earth Prime Thomas is the younger brother and on Earth 3 Bruce is the younger brother thou thay can just be names so in reality Thomas could be the Bruce of Earth 3

But no Lincoln March is not the Earth 3 Owlman they are two completely different people

It's not up in the air, it's stated that Lincoln March is TWJr at the end of the arc.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: no Bruce explains that he needs proof plus the court might have tricked march into thinking he was a Wayne.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: No it isnt Thomas Wayne Jr died after a car crash before he was born Bruce out right says this Lincolns story conflicts with this and that where the tension in the last arc comes from it is never out right stated that Lincoln is infact Bruce's bother its all left up in the air infact their is more reason to believe Bruce than their is to believe Lincoln

rejected_stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rejected_stone

Thanks for all the info. What I'm gathering is that we are generally unsure about the connection or even if there is one at all. What really jumped out at me originally after going back to reread it was just how similar Owlman's costume was to TWJr's(?). Then I started grabbing at connections.

So what we are sure of is that:
    -TWJr died in a car accident before he was born.
    -Lincoln March is not Earth 3 Owlman

What we're uncertain of:
    -Is TWJr alive now on Earth Prime?

Thanks guys

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

During the flash back with Jarvis Pennyworth, it says that he hears Thomas and Martha Wayne talking about there dead son as if he was still alive, and when Martha see's Jarvis, she gets hella scared that he over heard them, so u mix that with the heart pin that Martha had and how she visited often, and that a baby was admitted to the hospital a week after Thomas Wayne Jr.'s supposed death, I think it's pretty clear that Lincoln March was most likely telling the truth that he was indeed Thomas Wayne Jr. but of course we won't know for sure until it is actually confirmed

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TakeLuutzen

If you guys have the time, listen to this podcast from Let's Talk Comics with Scott Snyder being the guest.

LTC: Episode 56 – Scott Snyder

Even Snyder is a little bit confused if Thomas Wayne Jr. is Bruce his brother.. Something about editorial interference

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.