Lazarus Pit confirmed for Dark Knight Rises?

#1 Posted by Onemoreposter (4086 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so I haven't seen or heard anything pertaining to the Lazarus pit being in the Dark Knight Rises other than speculation...until today. While browsing the Ra's Al Ghul wiki page here on the vine I found this

The page claims this is a shot at the pit from the movie and the Pit has been confirmed. Did I miss something? Does comicvine have some insider information that they didn't even bother to announce?

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it's confirmed.

#3 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, so they ban venom supposedly because it's to unrealistic.......but, they allow the Lazarus Pit? Really? This is the first doubt I've had for the movie, a Lazarus Pit just doesn't belong in Nolan's world.

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Doesn't make any sense to me either, man :P

#5 Posted by Slaze (35 posts) - - Show Bio

This all came out around May last year actually, the green stuff is a green screen just incase anyone thought they were filling the pit up haha. Basically some onlookers claimed to have seen a small bald child being filmed emerging from the 'pit', this caused some speculation that Bane came from/is tied in to the lazarus pit and was then trained by the League of Shadows. Of course, these are just rumours.

#6 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio

If that is true, can't really say that it fits into the realistic tone of the movies. Unless they provide some very realistic explanation for it later.

#7 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Wait, so they ban venom supposedly because it's to unrealistic.......but, they allow the Lazarus Pit? Really? This is the first doubt I've had for the movie, a Lazarus Pit just doesn't belong in Nolan's world.

Venom is in the movie,the gas that kills pain remember.

#8 Posted by Saren (26014 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Catwoman drags Talia to the pit and goes Nyssa on her ass.

Moderator
#9 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Wait, so they ban venom supposedly because it's to unrealistic.......but, they allow the Lazarus Pit? Really? This is the first doubt I've had for the movie, a Lazarus Pit just doesn't belong in Nolan's world.

Venom could be derived from the pits in nolanverse

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12233 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@BlackArmor said:

Wait, so they ban venom supposedly because it's to unrealistic.......but, they allow the Lazarus Pit? Really? This is the first doubt I've had for the movie, a Lazarus Pit just doesn't belong in Nolan's world.

Venom is in the movie,the gas that kills pain remember.

Yeah but it's nothing like in-comic venom, so it BARELY counts. Venom is much more realistic than a lazarus pit existing.

#11 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Wait, so they ban venom supposedly because it's to unrealistic.......but, they allow the Lazarus Pit? Really? This is the first doubt I've had for the movie, a Lazarus Pit just doesn't belong in Nolan's world.

I dont understand the logic behind that as well but hopefully Nolan can pull if off in the end.

#12 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Maybe Catwoman drags Talia to the pit and goes Nyssa on her ass.

That would be sicc.

#13 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@CitizenBane said:

Maybe Catwoman drags Talia to the pit and goes Nyssa on her ass.

That would be sicc.

QFT

#14 Edited by NeonBlade (172 posts) - - Show Bio

This latest Nolan outing is shaping up to be a downright disaster. Bane doesn' t look right. Catwoman looks positively stupid. I'm not saying he shouldn't have done a 3rd film, but it will never reach the magnificent heights of the second film, and looks as it will be just as poor as the first. Maybe if they had cast another villain from Batmans rogue gallery, but this all seems, too much now.

#15 Posted by Billy Batson (58265 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Maybe Catwoman drags Talia to the pit and goes Nyssa on her ass.

you and your talia
BB

#16 Posted by Loki9876 (3053 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it is confirmed that, that is the Lazarus pit.

#17 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonBlade said:

This latest Nolan outing is shaping up to be a downright disaster. Bane doesn' t look right. Catwoman looks positively stupid. I'm not saying he shouldn't have done a 3rd film, but it will never reach the magnificent heights of the second film, and looks as it will be just as poor as the first. Maybe if they had cast another villain from Batmans rogue gallery, but this all seems, too much now.

Batman Begins was anything but poor and there's nothing wrong with Bane or Catwoman.Maybe you should wait and see,the prologue was already better.

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@BlackArmor said:

Wait, so they ban venom supposedly because it's to unrealistic.......but, they allow the Lazarus Pit? Really? This is the first doubt I've had for the movie, a Lazarus Pit just doesn't belong in Nolan's world.

Venom is in the movie,the gas that kills pain remember.

Yeah but it's nothing like in-comic venom, so it BARELY counts. Venom is much more realistic than a lazarus pit existing.

The first version of venom from the LOTDK killed pain and quite frankly it's better to have that aspect of the drug than to go with Bane getting a few pounds of muscle.

#18 Edited by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@BlackArmor said:

Wait, so they ban venom supposedly because it's to unrealistic.......but, they allow the Lazarus Pit? Really? This is the first doubt I've had for the movie, a Lazarus Pit just doesn't belong in Nolan's world.

Venom is in the movie,the gas that kills pain remember.

Yeah but it's nothing like in-comic venom, so it BARELY counts. Venom is much more realistic than a lazarus pit existing.

The first version of venom from the LOTDK killed pain and quite frankly it's better to have that aspect of the drug than to go with Bane getting a few pounds of muscle.

My problem isn't with Venom but making a jump from a pain killer a very real thing to a Resurrection bath is a huge leap. If Nolan feels bringing people back from the dead is realistic enough for his vision I think a super steroid should be too. For that matter once you break reality to the the degree that a Lazarus Pit does you might as well have it in the same universe as Superman and Wonder Woman. I'm glad Venom is only a pain killer because it fits Nolan's world. The Lazarus pit however doesn't

#19 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't expecting this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.