Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Knightfall, Vol. 2 worth getting? (Batman Noob)

astronautava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By astronautava

Hey all,

In preparation for the Dark Knight Rises, and to bolster my meager comic collection, I've been looking at getting the Knightfall Series. Everything I read suggests the first volume of the new collection is excellent (and a great value), but I've heard .. . well, less than positive things about the second Volume, Knightquest.

Apparently quite a few issues are missing from the collection that most fans consider quite important (dealing mostly with Bruce Wayne's recovery). However, from what I've read online, these missing issues basically end with Batman magically getting healed anyways.

So my question is, as someone new to comics, is this 2nd volume worth getting? Should I skip over to volume 3? is the series worth getting at all? Guide my path, oh wise ones!

Edit: as a side note, I HAVE bought and read several Batman collections already, Year One, The Long Halloween, Hush, etc.

neale7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By neale7

Hi!

Yeah i'd get knightfall vol.2 as starts where volume 1 left off and it also wraps up the bane story.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By batshrine

The Second volume is Knightquest, and shows Azrael's adventures as Batman. Bruce literally shows up in 2 issues, so it focuses mostly and Azrael with appearances of Catwoman and Robin. I would say if you are curious then get it to really get an idea of his transformation, but otherwise not really essential. I enjoyed reading it and my only dislike is the lack of Bruce.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.