Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Kevin Smith Prasies Ben Affleck's Batsuit

• 152 results
    GoblinAlGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The more that time passes, the more this film sounds like Batman and the Man of Steel.

Muahahahahajajajaja

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitality said:

@liveforever said:

@vitality: All black is sooooo boringggg. And it's been done, what, 7 times? It's not like grey would stick out in shadows. He's had grey in the comics forever. Has that ever required suspending disbelief more than anything else?

Haha...how is grey any less "boring" than black?

Anyways...to each their own I guess. I definitely prefer the all black suits.

The problem with the movie suits isn't so much the all black, it's that they are ridiculous stiff armor that limits movement. This is a guy that grapples around the city and is a master martial artist. His suit should allow for fluid movement.

Having said that, the grey and black is far more iconic, and I think simply looks better.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

So?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Captain13
    BatDevil. Whatta Chin. :)
    BatDevil. Whatta Chin. :)

Mulder15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@dreamfall31: Snyder didn't ruin Superman at all. That honor goes to Singer.....

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ThomasElliot

"You have not seen this costume in a movie on film before, and for a comic book fan it was mind bending. I was like ‘Get out of here, only you have enough power to pull this off.’ Because everyone always like does this Matrix/X-Men black armor…I"

So not sure why that leads some of you to hypothesize its more black rubber armor when he just got through saying its not.

If its not blue and grey tights, then its probably going to be baggy, fatigues or steampunk-like outfit. Think Gotham By Gaslight or something similar.... Earth One Batman is another example.

I know there's been variations on a 'baggy' Batman costume, I just can't think of the others off the top of my head. Maybe Batman Inc. costume?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Yeah I'm liking it. I actually got me interested in Superman as I wasn't really a fan of the character before reading it.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

cant wait for this movie

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: well that's good. You should read AllStar Superman and Brainiac.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mucklefluga said:

How can you not trust what he said?

Because Ben Affleck is his best friend?

And I'm not assuming this is anyone else's reason, but Kevin Smith has sold out pretty heavy the past several years too.

So, all of the above makes him a liar? That makes no sense. I get not liking Kevin Smith, I'm not a huge fan myself... but I don't see how that translates into him being a liar.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I cant trust Kevin Smith after his run on Batman

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liveforever said:

@mucklefluga said:

How can you not trust what he said?

Because Ben Affleck is his best friend?

And I'm not assuming this is anyone else's reason, but Kevin Smith has sold out pretty heavy the past several years too.

So, all of the above makes him a liar? That makes no sense. I get not liking Kevin Smith, I'm not a huge fan myself... but I don't see how that translates into him being a liar.

I think you misunderstood me. I think he's biased, not a liar. He might very well think it's great.

kyler416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jangcrow: Only problem with that think, is that they were pretty clear during the interview that the art wasn't concept art. Instead, just art for charity. Still, I think it'd be pretty damn cool to see a version of the blue and grey.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

The more I hear about this Batman the more nervous I'm getting. Isn't this the Batman that'll appear in the league? Mentions of and older and tired Batman along with references to Dark Knight Returns doesn't seem like the Batman for the job. Snyder being involved is the only thing keeping me together.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Instead of praising the suit he should have shown us a pic and let people make up their own minds

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Marionettegeist

Instead of praising the suit he should have shown us a pic and let people make up their own minds

I don't think he has a pic, or would be allowed to show us.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liveforever: how has he sold out? I don't really follow Kevin smith so I have no idea

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My body is ready.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I don't trust Kevin Smith's word on this new Batman costume when he's clearly doing a positive biased spin to make it seem good in order to get in with the big wigs in Hollywood/Warner Bros. I sure as hell don't trust Snyder to do anything good with the next film after what he did to Superman. And the gritty direction DC are taking doesn't bode well for me. I think I, as well as most people who've commented on here would prefer to see a picture of the costume for ourselves rather than relying on skewed word of mouth.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By Mucklefluga

@dctv3363 said:

@leokearon said:

I don't think he has a pic, or would be allowed to show us.

He only saw it on Snyder's iPhone, he doesn't have a picture.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I don't trust Kevin Smith's word on this new Batman costume when he's clearly doing a positive biased spin to make it seem good in order to get in with the big wigs in Hollywood/Warner Bros. I sure as hell don't trust Snyder to do anything good with the next film after what he did to Superman. And the gritty direction DC are taking doesn't bode well for me. I think I, as well as most people who've commented on here would prefer to see a picture of the costume for ourselves rather than relying on skewed word of mouth.

Regardless of what you thought about Man of Steel (I personally thought it was okay minus some serious pacing problems), Snyder is very good with visuals. I wouldn't doubt it if the Batsuit is at least visually interesting, though like you said I would prefer to actually see it in order to judge.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@lvenger said:

Regardless of what you thought about Man of Steel (I personally thought it was okay minus some serious pacing problems), Snyder is very good with visuals. I wouldn't doubt it if the Batsuit is at least visually interesting, though like you said I would prefer to actually see it in order to judge.

So that I'm not ranting about the MOS film itself's problems, I found Superman's costume to be a bit too dark for my liking. It was well designed but poorly coloured IMO. Needed more lighter colours to offset it.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Marionettegeist

@lvenger said:

@dctv3363 said:

@lvenger said:

So that I'm not ranting about the MOS film itself's problems, I found Superman's costume to be a bit too dark for my liking. It was well designed but poorly coloured IMO. Needed more lighter colours to offset it.

Maybe they'll lighten it in this movie to increase the contrast between Batman and Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

@lvenger said:

@dctv3363 said:

@lvenger said:

Maybe they'll lighten it in this movie to increase the contrast between Batman and Superman.

Hopefully. There needs to be some contrast between those two.

eisemanb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I really want to see the costume now but I don't have that much faith in Smith's words.He has written one of the worst Batman stories ever in my opinion and he may be a fanboy but he seems like he doesn't have that good of a taste in terms of Batman.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@liveforever: He used to be a good friend to Kevin Smith but they havent really talked in years. Apparently there was some sort of falling out between the two. He said as much on his podcast.

kaiklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bat Lord :)

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By LiveForever
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#81  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker said:

@war_killer said:

Hopefully it looks something like this...

No Caption Provided

This may be it,cause they made Arkham Origins suit,look movie-like for a reason.........Arkham City-Asylum suit was full comicbooks,but Origins it was too movie-ish.......maybe it's pre-movie marketing or something......i hope this is the case,cuz i love the suit in Origins...

My only issues are his legs are too thick in that image, but it was the best I could find. But yeah, I agree, this is one of the most realistic Batman suits I've seen in a while and it wouldn't be hard to translate something like this into a full-blown movie Bat-Suit.

This would look beyond awesome,in a movie....

No Caption Provided

VanDaniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Smith we trust

JohnnyJoker28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liveforever: How is Comic Book Men borderline offensive toward comic fans?

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liveforever: How is Comic Book Men borderline offensive toward comic fans?

Have you watched it? It's dreck. It's forced, it's staged, it's terrible. It basically tries to take advantage of the newfound peripheral interest the general public has taken in comics. It's a sad rip-off of Pawn Stars, and not nearly as interesting to boot. The "characters" (or actors) are awful stereotypes and examples of comic fans. I used to like Kevin Smith, but his work with that show really puts me off. He's perpetuating a very bad image of comic fans for a quick buck.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer said:

@punyparker said:

@war_killer said:

No Caption Provided

This may be it,cause they made Arkham Origins suit,look movie-like for a reason.........Arkham City-Asylum suit was full comicbooks,but Origins it was too movie-ish.......maybe it's pre-movie marketing or something......i hope this is the case,cuz i love the suit in Origins...

My only issues are his legs are too thick in that image, but it was the best I could find. But yeah, I agree, this is one of the most realistic Batman suits I've seen in a while and it wouldn't be hard to translate something like this into a full-blown movie Bat-Suit.

No Caption Provided

The whole fight scene with Batman and Deathstroke in that trailer should be in a Batman movie, or at least a fight scene as epic as that one.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We haven't been down this path at all."

I don't know if I should be scared or excited by this.

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I. Cannot. Wait. AHhhhhhhhhhh. Also, tomorrow (12th) is when Man of Steel comes out on Blu-Ray! Admittedly, I still haven't seen it in theater! And my wife and I are very excited to see it tomorrow night!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@war_killer said:

@punyparker said:

@war_killer said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The whole fight scene with Batman and Deathstroke in that trailer should be in a Batman movie, or at least a fight scene as epic as that one.

And now you reminded me how frustrated i was when the REAL Slade fight ended........i screamed in my head : "THAT'S IT?!!!....REALLY!?".... such advertised character.....well,ok,the whole game is a false advertisement,concidering that the Black Mask story was a mislead.....anyway,im getting off-topic.

The cinematic trailers for both City and Origins,must be implanted to a movie,they were fantastic.

JohnnyJoker28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liveforever: I do watch the show and I love it. None of the people on that show are actors. Walt has managed the store for over 15 years. Mike has worked there for over 10 years. Bryan has been friends with Kevin and Walt for 25+ years and Ming has worked for Kevin since after Clerks was released. Bryan and Walt have been doing a weekly podcast for over 4 years. If they seem like stereotypical comic book fans its because they are comic book fans (except for Bryan). If you don't like the show, that's fine. I just don't see how the show is bad for the industry. Any avenue to get people interested in comics is good for the industry. Clearly it has found an audience if they're on their third season. Kevin Smith came to AMC with the idea for the show but didn't pitch to be in it or have it take place in his comic book shop. AMC was the ones who wanted to shoot the pilot there just to show the higher ups what the show could look like. After shooting it, AMC was the one who decided to shoot it in the Stash and have Kevin Smith involved on screen.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@war_killer said:

@punyparker said:

@war_killer said:

@punyparker said:

@war_killer said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And now you reminded me how frustrated i was when the REAL Slade fight ended........i screamed in my head : "THAT'S IT?!!!....REALLY!?".... such advertised character.....well,ok,the whole game is a false advertisement,concidering that the Black Mask story was a mislead.....anyway,im getting off-topic.

The cinematic trailers for both City and Origins,must be implanted to a movie,they were fantastic.

I actually enjoyed the fight in the game. :P I just hated that there wasn't a round 2. xD

That's something that I felt was lacking in the Nolan movies, even when you had Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassin in Begins and then had Bane in Rises, yet we never really got a good fight. The with Ra's at the end of Begins was ok but the fight with Bane (both times) were just sad and really weren't satisfying. I really want to see Batman kick butt in Superman/Batman! :D

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's some major praise coming from a guy that is a pretty big figure in nerd culture. I really hope the suit really is as nice as Kevin says it is.

For some reason I just love the look of a futuristic batsuit. This is definitely the kind of suit I would like to see.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@war_killer said:

@punyparker said:

@war_killer said:

@punyparker said:

@war_killer said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I actually enjoyed the fight in the game. :P I just hated that there wasn't a round 2. xD

That's something that I felt was lacking in the Nolan movies, even when you had Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassin in Begins and then had Bane in Rises, yet we never really got a good fight. The with Ra's at the end of Begins was ok but the fight with Bane (both times) were just sad and really weren't satisfying. I really want to see Batman kick butt in Superman/Batman! :D

Nononono, i am saying exacly what you are saying....the Deathstroke fight was extatic!!
    I just wanted more from the character(we will get it,according to the post-credit scene...) in the game.....i enjoyed the fight too.And wanted deffinetelly a Round two....

And yeah,in one thing that the Raimi movies,and of cource the MCU movies,surpass the Nolan ones,are the fight scenes.....the Doc Ock fights in Spidey 2,or the Avengers fight scenes are fantastic....in Batman they dont exist....and if we judge by the Man Of Steel,i guess we will have plenty of ass-kicking in the Bats//Sups movie...!!

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ImagineMan16

@vitality: An all-black suit would stick out like a turd in a punch bowl at night. If you really want to blend in at nighttime, wear dark blue.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is my first time listening to his show. if smith says the suit looks great expecially if your a comic fan i am going to have to trust him on it. smith is no peon. the man went to war with howard stern

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Smith and Ben Affleck are not best friends. He hasn't talked to Ben Affleck in over 6-7 years (as he's stated on his many podcasts). You can say many things about Kevin Smith, but you can't say he isn't candid. He speaks what he feels and doesn't hold back. If he didn't like the suit, he would have said he didn't like it or he just wouldn't have mentioned it at all. He mentioned it on 'Hollywood Babble-On' which he hosts with Ralph Garmin, who is a huge Adam West fan. Kevin told Ralph that even he would be excited about the new suit, which leads me to believe it'll draw influence from Adam West and include Blue and Gray.

I don't think the blue would match with a modern day looking batman. Especially in this new DC U. I think Black and very very dark grey would work the best, or just plain black

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I hope its the grey/black suit and allows for fluid movement. One thing in the cartoons and comics was Batman could move swiftly around Gotham etc. And I do agree the black suits are done to death. I wouldn't even mind the yellow bat insignia on the suit, if it was done properly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.