Kevin Conroy NOT to play Batman in Arkham Origins

#1 Posted by SupBatz (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

http://batman-news.com/2013/04/28/kevin-conroy-not-returning-for-batman-arkham-origins/

How do we all feel about his?

On the one hand, I think that other actors should be given the chance to play Batman. Conroy can't play him forever after all and there's plenty of other talent out there that should be given a chance to shine.

But on the other hand Conroy has played Batman in the two previous Arkham games. It hardly seems right to replace him for the third game.

And on a less related note, this makes me more fearful that the rumors of the game being more campy are true.

What are some other opinions?

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6474 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't even be playing it, but I still think that sucks. :/

#3 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a theory why, thats because he is voicing the next Arkham game made by Rocksteady ;)

#4 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

<p>Ohhh man I was just playing Arkham the other day ): </p>

#5 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz: You got to be kiddin me.......This sucks...

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

the guy from the brave and the bold can play him. no biggie.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

Gah how annoying. That's dampened my expectations for it. It's hard to imagine someone else as Batman when 2 games have instilled Conroy's definitive voice in there. Still maybe he'll be back for Rocksteady's third Arkham Game that follows Arkham City. Maybe that's why Warner Bros Montreal are handling the prequel, so that Rocksteady can focus on the third game.

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18048 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Gah how annoying. That's dampened my expectations for it. It's hard to imagine someone else as Batman when 2 games have instilled Conroy's definitive voice in there. Still maybe he'll be back for Rocksteady's third Arkham Game that follows Arkham City. Maybe that's why Warner Bros Montreal are handling the prequel, so that Rocksteady can focus on the third game.

i told you So, you just wait, there will be a 3rd game announced, which will take off from where arkham city ended. this arkham origins is coming out just to keep the fans quite and satisfied for a while :P

#9 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

i told you So, you just wait, there will be a 3rd game announced, which will take off from where arkham city ended. this arkham origins is coming out just to keep the fans quite and satisfied for a while :P

It's looking quite plausible I have to say. They wouldn't dump Rocksteady given the quality of the first two games but at the same time they want more games out sooner. This may start a new prequel series though which means we'll have to wait longer for the true third Arkham game :P

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18048 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

It's looking quite plausible I have to say. They wouldn't dump Rocksteady given the quality of the first two games but at the same time they want more games out sooner. This may start a new prequel series though which means we'll have to wait longer for the true third Arkham game :P

Exactly!

#11 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

Exactly!

And a prequel series before a third Arkham game is good because... :P

#12 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18048 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

Exactly!

it's keeps the fans satisfied and quite, which leaves them to do all kinds of crazy stuff when us fans are looking in the wrong direction.

#13 Edited by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

Exactly!

it's keeps the fans satisfied and quite, which leaves them to do all kinds of crazy stuff when us fans are looking in the wrong direction.

Misdirection eh? I see your thinking :P

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18048 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

Exactly!

Misdirection eh? I see your thinking :P

Just call me the question :P

#15 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm seeing this game as a quick cash cow. While the real game is in production like Acidskull mentioned.

#16 Posted by Black_Claw (3014 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this sucks. Oh well lets hope that they at least got Bruce Greenwood to voice bats. I like him just as much as Conroy.

#17 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

- I think it's quite irrelevant.

#18 Posted by Delphic (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

That kind go sucks, but there have been other good batman voices. I liked Bruce Greenwood from Under the Red Hood. I also like Peter Weller from the Dark Knight returns though in origins we are dealing with a younger Batman.

#19 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Conroy can't play him forever after all

Like hell he can't!

We'll take him out whenever we need an animated movie.

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34017 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Why on earth is this even associated with the Arkham series then? Different developers, different voice actors, completely different story. Seems like "Arkham" was added in there for milking purposes. Smart move though.

#22 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3176 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind. When the game was announced I had a feeling he wouldn't return. He could have been busy doing Injustice. If Bruce Greenwood did then I wouldn't mind. I actually like him more than Conroy. But still seems inconsistent.

Plus based on the screenshots his voice doesn't seem like it would fit this specific Batman.

But can someone say awesome?

#23 Edited by RustyRoy (13349 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not a bad thing, this is a young Batman, so someone young should voice him maybe Sam Witwer

#24 Edited by roboadmiral (546 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been iffy about the developer change, but one of my anchors of hope was "we still have Kevin Conroy." There goes that reassurance. Fingers crossed that its an unfounded rumor. I know they're going younger, but its definitely not young enough to need another voice actor. He's not a teenager.

#25 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a problem with it. I didn't have a problem when they changed Sam Fisher's voice in Splinter Cell and I didn't mind when they said David Hayter wouldn't be in Metal Gear 5 (even though I think that's just a Kojima ruse.) Of course I liked New Vegas more than Fallout 3 so I think the idea of the developer change isn't that big of a deal to me either. I've got confidence it'll be decent at least considering the ground work is already laid for them.

#26 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6255 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that sucks better call in Bruce Greenwood the next best thing.

#27 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a young batman not a deal breaker

#28 Posted by sinestro_GL (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like I'll be keeping my money.

#29 Posted by RustyRoy (13349 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand, do people buy games to play or to listen?

#30 Posted by consolemaster001 (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

BLASPHEMY.

Though i have to agree with @rustyroy: it is the gameplay that matters.

#31 Posted by M_Man (822 posts) - - Show Bio

The article states that it's because he's Batman in his early years which is understandable I suppose even though I love Kevin Conroy. I just hope the game's good.

#32 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh. It's not a big deal.

#33 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

nooooo....but it's understandable being that this is a younger Batman

#34 Edited by dngn4774 (3249 posts) - - Show Bio

I just really hope the new actor doesn't make it sound like the Balebat voice. That was the worst thing about those movies.

#35 Edited by ccraft (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a theory why, thats because he is voicing the next Arkham game made by Rocksteady ;)

Y do I keep seeing this? Is it true that there will be another AC made by RS?

#36 Posted by RustyRoy (13349 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@fatihbatman said:

Y do I keep seeing this? Is it true that there will be another AC made by RS?

I heard rumors that they will, one that will feature JL. But its probably just a rumor.

#37 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12059 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope his voice actor is good. I'm very picky when it comes to who voices Batman.

#38 Posted by LightningTiger2190 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

It's inevitable. They need to find a replacements. Kevin is getting up there and we need to let some younger blood carry the choice. Do we really expect Kevin to be Batman 10 - 20 years from now?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.