Kevin Conroy leaks another Arkham game in the works!

#1 Edited by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Conroy tweeted this half an hour ago -
Kevin Conroy ‏@realkevinconroy29m

Confusion in Dallas! I am in new ARKHAM GAME coming soon, NOT ARKHAM ORIGINS coming this fall.

It was then removed from Twitter...

my guess... Origins is coming out made by WB this year, to tide us over until the proper sequel to Arkham City hits next year... made by Rocksteady.

#2 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by PunyParker (8815 posts) - - Show Bio

ARKHAM CITY SEQUEL B*TCHES!!!!

#4 Posted by NewKid (358 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by PunyParker (8815 posts) - - Show Bio

@newkid: They have to make a sequel.....i mean Rocksteady,probably,let WB games to make Origins,so they can concentrate on that project....after the DLC it let a lot of promise!

#6 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@newkid said:

- Imaged saved, thank you very much.

#7 Edited by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it from the start.

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17125 posts) - - Show Bio

Called it. @lvenger You owe me 5 bucks :P

#9 Posted by Loki9876 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatttttttttttt?

#10 Edited by flazam (2465 posts) - - Show Bio

@loki9876 said:

Whatttttttttttt?

Say Whaaaat?

#11 Posted by Captain13 (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

There were rumors that the next Arkham game would feature the Justice League and be called Arham World or Arkham Universe. It makes sense that Rocksteady would be working on a new kind of mechanic to accommodate new gameplay while a WB third party continued with the franchise as it was before.

#12 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww hell no, they need to make a sequel to injustice first

#13 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

Aww hell no, they need to make a sequel to injustice first

The series arent mutually exclusive, its not like theyre made by the same studio...

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32047 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by cmaprice (808 posts) - - Show Bio

That's great news. Reserving judgement on Arkham Origins, but I'd much rather continue the story than backtrack with a different studio.

If Conroy, Dini, and Rocksteady are involved, I'm in.

I wouldn't mind the Justice League making an appearance, but I'd rather focus on the Batman family. Not against a full-on Justice League game, though.

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

There were rumors that the next Arkham game would feature the Justice League and be called Arham World or Arkham Universe. It makes sense that Rocksteady would be working on a new kind of mechanic to accommodate new gameplay while a WB third party continued with the franchise as it was before.

I hope the JL members do not play major part in the game, maybe each member teams up with Batman for a specific fight but not more than that. This is a Batman game not JL.

#17 Posted by k4tzm4n (36106 posts) - - Show Bio

The DS/Conroy article was previously updated. I'll hold on the new game news until we get more info, but definitely cool!

Staff
#18 Edited by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: WB/DC will probably try to keep it a secret for now as it will affect Arkham Origins' sales, so getting any more info is unlikely.

#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (36106 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#20 Posted by SmashBrawler (5407 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it. This made my day.

#21 Edited by The Lobster (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate to rain on peoples parade, but that account is probably a fake. Someone has been impersonating Kevin Conroy before. Had a lot of people fooled. And this new account pops up just a few days after his old one is suspended.

Sounds too fishy to me. I'd take what this guy says with a grain of salt.

http://www.comicbooked.com/verified-and-fake-twitter-and-kevin-conroy/

#22 Edited by SmashBrawler (5407 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_lobster_ said:

Hate to rain on peoples parade, but that account is a fake. This guy is full of crap. There is no upcoming Arkham 3 game. Just some troll. Plus his account has been suspended. The REAL Kevin Conroy doesn't have twitter.

Ah, crap. Thanks for the heads-up. I'd rather be disappointed than be excited about some douchebag's lies.

#23 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by The Lobster (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_lobster_ said:

Hate to rain on peoples parade, but that account is a fake. This guy is full of crap. There is no upcoming Arkham 3 game. Just some troll. Plus his account has been suspended. The REAL Kevin Conroy doesn't have twitter.

Ah, crap. Thanks for the heads-up. I'd rather be disappointed than be excited about some douchebag's lies.

It's difficult to know what's real and not these days. It could be the real him, but I don't know...it seems too fishy to me.

#25 Edited by The Lobster (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@the_lobster_: But a PR rep from DC's Animated branch confirmed that it was Conroy. https://twitter.com/SuperPRGuy/status/336514753360961536

Plus the article states the twitter name was @TheKevinConroy. While the twitter account up there is @RealKevinConroy.

The old account had Mark Hamill, Paul Dini, and Tara Strong following him, and various other people who thought he was the real deal. This new account may be him....but still......it's best to take this kind of information with a grain of salt and not get excited. Until it's confirmed by a reliable source like comicvine, IGN, or whatever....it's not true.

#26 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7480 posts) - - Show Bio

ANOTHER one?..........

C'mon now. 3 is enough. Let's move on.

#28 Posted by drgnx (3547 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by SmashBrawler (5407 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_lobster_: Alright, I guess the info was legit... I guess. I don't know, I'm personally going to try to be optimistic about this.

This isn't the first time Conroy has leaked info about an upcoming project, though. Remember Flashpoint?

#30 Posted by drgnx (3547 posts) - - Show Bio

ANOTHER one?..........

They will move on when sales stop...people like them so they make them. Halo, God of War, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat ... will be made till they can't get more $$$.

My issue is that they could leverage this popularity to help launch other titles, but still keep making the titles that currently sell well (aka expansion), but don't.

#31 Edited by PunyParker (8815 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to make a AC sequel!

Individual Batman game!....the aftermath of Joker's death!...Red hood,there IS potential!

I liked the prequel idea of Origins,from the start.Conroy said "another Arkham game..." so i believe it's all about Bats...

#32 Edited by PunyParker (8815 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

ANOTHER one?..........

They will move on when sales stop...people like them so they make them. Halo, God of War, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat ... will be made till they can't get more $$$.

My issue is that they could leverage this popularity to help launch other titles, but still keep making the titles that currently sell well (aka expansion), but don't.

Assassin's Creed....the most pleasent rippoff you could ever imagine...After AC:2...

#33 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5738 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome news man I hope this other game will be great.

#34 Posted by thejman251 (435 posts) - - Show Bio

- Hopefully Richard, Tim, or Jason will be playable in the sequel as god knows that i'll only play as Bruce for so long.

#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Awww yusss! Next-Gen Arkham City sequel! Now that's what I'm talking about Rocksteady! Stay ahead of the curve and keep it revolutionary!

#36 Edited by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Damian will be in it too.

#37 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3077 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Rocksteady will use the map that WB is making for Arkham Origins. That would be cool, all they need to do is just make it more rundown and just reuse the Arkham City map.

#38 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#39 Edited by DeVianThaI (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, I'm not seeing a blue checkmark mp by his name.....it's not the real Kevin Conroy....plus, why would his username be "@Realkevinconroy"? Okay......can't fool me

#40 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Arkham games and want to keep seeing more, but I wish Rocksteady did games for characters like WW Flash, Green Arrow. I didn't include Supes because he's had a long line of stupid games and DC should try to start a video game franchise with some one else.

#41 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5738 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by akbogert (3180 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to imagine that any game that has not yet been announced will be coming to the next generation of consoles. While that might affect Arkham Origins sales, it really shouldn't, because people who can afford to be early adopters of the new consoles probably aren't financially worried about buying two completely different games made by completely different studios.

#43 Edited by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

I suspected as much. They set up too many story lines with arkham city not to follow up on them. Rocksteady is probably hard at work on a new engine for the next gen while WB Montreal pumps out a prequel on current gen systems, which is a great idea. It will expand the Arkham game universe. I can not wait to play as a young,less experienced, and more agressive Batman.

#44 Edited by PunyParker (8815 posts) - - Show Bio

#45 Posted by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmaprice said:

That's great news. Reserving judgement on Arkham Origins, but I'd much rather continue the story than backtrack with a different studio.

If Conroy, Dini, and Rocksteady are involved, I'm in.

I wouldn't mind the Justice League making an appearance, but I'd rather focus on the Batman family. Not against a full-on Justice League game, though.

My thoughts word for word.

#46 Edited by akbogert (3180 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Wow, what a great video, especially given the confusion in this thread.

#47 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by ARMIV2 (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, well, well!!

#49 Posted by consolemaster001 (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

OH YOU !

#50 Edited by giantsfan576 (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind Conroy was NOT in Arkham Origins, and this press conference was AFTER Arkham City. How can people still deny it? He specifically states it in person.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.