Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23633 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Joker's birthday.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MethoKi

I don't know where the thought came from, but does Joker know when his birthday is? It would make sense for him to not know, because if he did, Batman would know who he is by searching the dates. (Not that he's trying to keep it a secret) That also leads me to ask whether or not Joker actually remembers who he is. I know he said he remembers his past one way or the another, but does that mean he just remembers his past as totally different people?

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RitchieB

its hard to say really Jokers past has been blurred and changed so much so who really knows. my personal favorite interpretation of the Joker is the arguement the he actually has hyper sanity which basicly means he is sane and know everything he doing and realizes things other people do not but since he knows the truth and he is the only one that can see it everyone else thinks he is crazy. Much like Deadpool, he can break the fourth wall and know he is in a comic. whenever Deadpool breaks the 4th wall everyone thinks he is crazy and doesnt see what he sees but in reality Deadpool is correct and he is just a comicbook character. Now if you apply this to Joker when you really think about it, it is kind of funny because everyone is convinced that all these horrible things are really happening when in reality its just a comic book and people are just exploiting Batman and putting him through pain and horror because its entertaining.

if you look at the Joker he does whatever he wants whenever he wants because its not real. he is not doing anything the writers didnt inted on happening. so in a since the writers are pulling a cruel joke on the DC universe because its fun or entertaining and the Joker is in on the joke and is laughing the whole time. Also if you look at the joker he does what he does because he loves bats and even though bats hates him he laughs it off because he know bats needs him and they will do this dance forever.

Sorry went on a rant but to answer yes and no. yes the Joker is perfectly aware of who he is and his past but knows he doesnt have a Bday because he is a fictional character

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By arnoldoaad

@Batman242 said:

I don't know where the thought came from, but does Joker know when his birthday is? It would make sense for him to not know, because if he did, Batman would know who he is by searching the dates. (Not that he's trying to keep it a secret) That also leads me to ask whether or not Joker actually remembers who he is. I know he said he remembers his past one way or the another, but does that mean he just remembers his past as totally different people?

by birthday do you mean the day he was born or the day he became the Joker cause on the second case it would be documented

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MethoKi

@arnoldoaad: I'm referring to his actual birth date, not the day he became the Joker.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MethoKi

@RitchieB: To be honest, I don't like the idea of Joker breaking the 4th wall. I honestly like the idea of him being insane and just doing it cause of "a bad day". But, you gave me something to actually think about. lol. That's an interesting point of view.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MasterDetective

Nobody even knows his real name, how do you want anybody to know his birthday...

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By batshrine

Lets go on the assumption that Batman and Joker are opposites.

Example: Batman doesnt smile, Joker always smiles

A key ingredient to Batman and this is something no creator nor writer can ever change in any reboot, is his parents were shot infront of him when he was 8. His origin story is VERY important

So the opposite of that is Joker is originless. We don't know it, and it isn't important. So therefore he has no birthday, and it shouldn't matter.

So the real question is, whats Batman's birthday?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JonSmith

Knowing Joker, he'd consider it either the day he came out of that tank, or the date of his first fight with Batman.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FatihBATMAN

good one there jonsmith :D

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rick_Grayson
    @batshrine: I'm pretty sure Batmans birthday is commonly accepted as February 19th
    batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By batshrine

@Rick_Grayson: hahaha so I went to go add that to my calendar, it looks like I already knew Batman's birthday is on February 19th

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.