Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Joker takes on the JL, Batman on Darkseid...

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I guess their popularity makes writers do stupid things with them. I mean if we go with Snyder's thinking what the hell do we need DARKSEID or Despero around for if the Joker can easily take control of the JL. And don't get me started on Bats going rounds w Darkseid. It's a huge pile of bs, and lazy writing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its called prep. Its not lazy writing at all. You seem to be forgetting that batman did no damage to Darkseid at all and was losing that fight. And the JL aren't impossible to beat with prep. A disease lex luthor created just took out half the JL and he didn't even mean for it to do that. They aren't immune to everything. So theres no reason joker can't take them out with prep. Also the way batman defeats the JL is far from lazy writing. Most writers would never have thought of that stuff, most notably how batman defeated wonder woman. You are letting power scales get in the way of enjoying a good story. So, to summarize, batman losing to Darkseid is not bs or lazy writing, and neither is joker mine controlling JL, when other humans have prepped for them before. Go complain somewhere else.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blackdog2009

@jayc1324: it's lazy writing at its best! Individually each leaguer has faced their fare share of mind controllers, individually each leaguer has saved the world! How the $&&(ck does Joker get wise on Wonder Woman's physiology, she's a God. Or Aquaman or Superman! It's sensationalistic crap writing imo. Then in some other story we get to see Nightwing take down the Joker all by his lonesome, yay! it's crap writing. The Joker is worst than Wolverine now. And you don't tell me what to do dude, chill.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

They aren't going to listen to you, you aren't going to listen to them and I think people are really tired of talking about batgod.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Saren

We need Darkseid and Despero around for the real heroes, not those League pussies

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: I actually agree with you, btw, but these threads always go the same way and there's like 4 of them right now talking about the same thing.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
    TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman can't do anything without Batman haters complaining lol.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides, Goeff. Johns is still writing Earth One and JL. Given Batman's past few months, Goeff is due for taking him down a few pegs.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingbatman760: he could die :P. Jk.

I like him but that doesn't mean I have to like everything he does.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackdog2009: Like I said, prep. If joker prepped for Nightwing he would destroy him too. Batman thought of a way to beat wonder woman based on the fact that she is a god. That's creative, not lazy. Its not lazy writing at all, stop complaining.

Also you're point about Darkseid is entirely wrong because batman lost that encounter.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The power of prep time is an impressive feat - but writers love to take it up a few notches and ruin it.

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
    Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because your favourite heroes were beaten by a more popular character doesn't make it lazy writing.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
    TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I understand where your coming from but sometimes people forget that these are comic book characters and can do all sorts of unbelievable things.

chipj15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: you saved me a lot of typing, thank you

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part of me wants to see a comic where Batman and Joker team-up and stomp the JL and Darkseid just to laugh at all the hurt feelings and extreme nerd rage it would cause. I find it hilarious that people can get so worked up over the things a fictional character does.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot is a Hell of a drug.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people still upset about it? when he didn't even beat darkseid.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111: Darkseid is a God. He slayed cosmic rulers all by himself. Batman by all accounts shouldn't even be able to touch Darkseid. Snyder has a hard on for the Joker that has really irked me. I like the Joker and by all means HE IS a bad $(:mofo but within the context of the DC universe he is a speck compared to the main Justice Leaguers. Now all of a sudden the Joker is a prep God?! Give me a break! and what is worst is that no matter how formidable the Joker is, the effect is that SNYDER's endings turn out to be lame, anticlimactic and stupid. Much like that horrible Death Of The Family storyline.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Just because your favourite heroes were beaten by a more popular character doesn't make it lazy writing.

This

Also everything @jayc1324 said.

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part of me wants to see a comic where Batman and Joker team-up and stomp the JL and Darkseid just to laugh at all the hurt feelings and extreme nerd rage it would cause. I find it hilarious that people can get so worked up over the things a fictional character does.

@jayc1324 said:

Its called prep. Its not lazy writing at all. You seem to be forgetting that batman did no damage to Darkseid at all and was losing that fight. And the JL aren't impossible to beat with prep. A disease lex luthor created just took out half the JL and he didn't even mean for it to do that. They aren't immune to everything. So theres no reason joker can't take them out with prep. Also the way batman defeats the JL is far from lazy writing. Most writers would never have thought of that stuff, most notably how batman defeated wonder woman. You are letting power scales get in the way of enjoying a good story. So, to summarize, batman losing to Darkseid is not bs or lazy writing, and neither is joker mine controlling JL, when other humans have prepped for them before. Go complain somewhere else.

Collectively, this^

@sog7dc said:

They aren't going to listen to you, you aren't going to listen to them and I think people are really tired of talking about batgod.

Also, this. Let's shelve the discussion. No one is convincing anyone on either side to change their minds/opinions with these topics.

@saren said:

We need Darkseid and Despero around for the real heroes, not those League pussies

Funny.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackhawk000111: Darkseid is a God. He slayed cosmic rulers all by himself. Batman by all accounts shouldn't even be able to touch Darkseid. Snyder has a hard on for the Joker that has really irked me. I like the Joker and by all means HE IS a bad $(:mofo but within the context of the DC universe he is a speck compared to the main Justice Leaguers. Now all of a sudden the Joker is a prep God?! Give me a break! and what is worst is that no matter how formidable the Joker is, the effect is that SNYDER's endings turn out to be lame, anticlimactic and stupid. Much like that horrible Death Of The Family storyline.

Thats why he got Hellbat.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Batman when he's a clever and resourceful strategist, a detective who can find and exploit an opponent's weakness in a realistic way, even when that weakness isn't immediately evident. His defeat of the JLA was fantastic because that's what happened.

I hate Batgod who can just create tech that let's him do anything with no actual strategy involved, just plot device.

I'm fine with Joker outsmarting and defeating the Justice League, but some dues ex mind control serum is not clever writing.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#27 frozen  Moderator

@nickzambuto: Darkseid beat Batman hard, so I don't see what the problem is.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@nickzambuto: Darkseid beat Batman hard, so I don't see what the problem is.

Never mentioned the Darkseid fight.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Don't like it. Don't read it.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman challenging the "gods" is tasty pudding. I'll have more please.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjales:

This is interesting and let me explain why. I find Shyder's. Batman entertaining and enthralling but I dislike certain things he had happen to batman (the finale to ZY. I really really enjoyed ZY too so that finale stung) I dislike what he did to Mr. freeze, I love the idea of the court but feel it wasn't everything it could have been, I didn't like anything about DoTF, I love love love his short arcs/filler issues and I dislike certain aspects of Endgame so far even though I have been entertained by it. My point is you don't have to be a total supporter of something to enjoy it and criticisms and opinions shouldn't be summarily dismissed because they're not popular.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: To be fair, the poison Joker is using appears to have some sort of "Agent X" in it that is unidentifiable. I don't think it's too far fetched to assume it's supernatural, in light of recent developments.

batzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Black_Arrow

I like Batman when he's a clever and resourceful strategist, a detective who can find and exploit an opponent's weakness in a realistic way, even when that weakness isn't immediately evident. His defeat of the JLA was fantastic because that's what happened.

I hate Batgod who can just create tech that let's him do anything with no actual strategy involved, just plot device.

I'm fine with Joker outsmarting and defeating the Justice League, but some dues ex mind control serum is not clever writing.

Well the Joker created a serum for each member and he deploy it in a clever time. Also recent evidence points towards a super natural origin to him.

Avatar image for patrickborkland
    patrickborkland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't everyone realize that comics are meant for enjoyment and fun. If you don't like a particular writer's interpretation, then don't buy it. Simple as that

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: it's lazy writing at its best! Individually each leaguer has faced their fare share of mind controllers, individually each leaguer has saved the world! How the $&&(ck does Joker get wise on Wonder Woman's physiology, she's a God. Or Aquaman or Superman! It's sensationalistic crap writing imo. Then in some other story we get to see Nightwing take down the Joker all by his lonesome, yay! it's crap writing. The Joker is worst than Wolverine now. And you don't tell me what to do dude, chill.

lol prepped Joker would stomp Nightwing with no effort. Really stop complaining about this. Better to complain about messed up New 52 continuity then this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.